No more price drops for RC?

It is in writing Steve, it is in the FAQ's on the Royal Caribbean website. Just type in Best Price Guarantee...which reservations are eligible?

And as additional insurance, also make a copy of the Sept. 22, 2009 policy. I think Patti (cf) has a link to it. :D:):D

Do you mean this link Royal Caribbean Announces Best Price Guarantee

Just be forewarned that if you click on any of the links in the article it will give you the present day terms.:p

Do you mean this link Royal Caribbean Announces Best Price Guarantee

Just be forewarned that if you click on any of the links in the article it will give you the present day terms.:p

Yes, thank you. The "old" pricing policy. I don't know if we will need it. But better to have everything in writing should future pricing questions come up with the cruise line concerning our booked reservations. Thanks! :D:)

Yes, thank you. The "old" pricing policy. I don't know if we will need it. But better to have everything in writing should future pricing questions come up with the cruise line concerning our booked reservations. Thanks! :D:)

No problem, I have it in my subscribed threads. Always like to keep things like that on the back burner.........just in case.

No problem, I have it in my subscribed threads. Always like to keep things like that on the back burner.........just in case.

OK so do you have the link to the Q&A session that one of the hosts had with RCI after the announcement?

I have simplified all of this. Originally booked the Freedom in December and canceled once I saw how much better the rates had become on NOS. The rates on NOS are closer to my comfort level of $50 dollars a day per person in December compared to almost $100 a day on Freedom.

I still check for price drops, but so far the rate has remained stable. I am happy that I locked in at a rate that I think is more than fair. We could of booked a newer ship out of FL the same week at a higher rate per night and hoped the price would drop to a rate that was lower and more affordable. Instead, I feel good that I don't feel the need for a price drop in order to make me sleep better at night. It just comes down to booking either early or late at a rate that you feel is reasonable.

Wait a minute.....did you book this cruise before May 17? If so, then you should be eligible for price drops up until 72 hours before sailing. (except for Tuesday sale events) :confused:

What about if it was the memorial day sale? Hadnt thought of that , I just priced it,

couldnt find sale rules on the web site!

What about if it was the memorial day sale? Hadnt thought of that , I just priced it,

couldnt find sale rules on the web site!

Apparently flacruiser was able to cancel & rebook with the sale price. But you are in penalty phase. If it said "sale" or was the Memorial Day Sale then it's not eligible for a price drop. Those prices are for new bookings only. Please see posts #793 to 799 on this thread. Sorry.

We have back-to-back cruises booked for 2012 but will probably cancel now since I'm sure there will be a price drop between now and then. Their new offer of booking early on cruises if you are C&A doesn't come close to reduced fares on sales. I agree with others on this post. We have been loyal to this line, but now we're going to be looking elsewhere if they are going to keep changing the rules. It took a long time to get to Diamond, but "Oh Well", we can build up loyalty elsewhere as well.

While I don't care what cabin they give me (I book guarantee), I must say that half the pleasure of a B2B is staying in the same cabin. That's where I draw the line.

Enjoy!

Kathy

Where are any of you seeing in writing on Royals site under the "NEW" Price Protection Policy that any reservation made before May 17th is grandfathered and protected:confused:

Just going by what is in the interview that Erica conducted and from what I've been told by my TA, our DSR and many different D+ reps that I have spoken with.

Just going by what is in the interview that Erica conducted and from what I've been told by my TA, our DSR and many different D+ reps that I have spoken with.

Be nice to have that in writing...........

Yep Patti....thats what I am going by also....but you know how that goes when it's not in writing....thats what worries me....it becomes a he said she said:rolleyes:The wording on the new policy is so squirrelly that it's open to all kinds of interpretation.

I just added my balcony discount onto a cruise made prior to May 17. She offered to change my booking number and allow me to keep the room so I could get the increased balcony discount. She said I could keep it as is so I'd have the ability to take advantage of any price decreases after final payment - such as senior or resident prices.

I took the option to keep my earlier booking numbers.

That sounds like grandfathering in to me...she didn't use those words. But those were my options.

Gina

I just added my balcony discount onto a cruise made prior to May 17. She offered to change my booking number and allow me to keep the room so I could get the increased balcony discount. She said I could keep it as is so I'd have the ability to take advantage of any price decreases after final payment - such as senior or resident prices.

That sounds like grandfathering in to me...she didn't use those words. But those were my options.

Gina

So did you get the new balcony discount or old?

So you can keep your pre-May 17th booking number to get price drops after final, but still modify your booking to get the increased balcony discount that was announced June 1?

Who says yes and who says no?

So you can keep your pre-May 17th booking number to get price drops after final, but still modify your booking to get the increased balcony discount that was announced June 1?

Sounds like it may depend on the time you call and the rep you get

Gina

I am assuming that you weren't getting an OBC with this booking.

I agree, keep the same booking number because it has the date when booked.

You change that booking number today and all your options change.

I tried just that earlier today and was told NO....the new balcony discounts will ONLY apply to reservations made AFTER June 1st.

I am assuming that you weren't getting an OBC with this booking.

I agree, keep the same booking number because it has the date when booked.

You change that booking number today and all your options change.

One does have an unrelated OBC. It was a rebooking from a canceled Mariner of the Seas cruise on Jan 16 - the day they are pulling out of CA. That goes with the reservation if I move it, no matter what. Oh.....no it doesn't....not if I changed reservation numbers. I was initially calling about the other leg of the B2B that had no OBC. I guess I could have changed that one, but it's the one I think is more likely to go down in price.

Confusing. :confused: But I think I made the right choice by keeping them as they are.

Gina

Archived