No more price drops for RC?

I think that your TA needs to call again and speak to a Supervisor. If you booked your cruise prior to May 17, you are grandfathered in.

If that doesn't work call the Offices of Executive Customer Services at 1-888-767-4644 and speak to them about it.

Linda almost had to use the number above, after 3 hrs. and 4 people she got the senior discount the computer wouldn't let her have 2 weeks ago :confused:........go figure. I'll save that number for a later date. :D

Mike

Linda almost had to use the number above, after 3 hrs. and 4 people she got the senior discount the computer wouldn't let her have 2 weeks ago :confused:........go figure. I'll save that number for a later date. :D

Mike

Glad it worked out.

I booked during the WOW sale.........called RCCL after the June 1st balcony discount email and got the C & A $200 balcony credit for our Grand Suite.

Good luck

MB

There goes one of the RCI advantages over Princess....this more or less levels the playing field. BAD move RCI.

"book early for the best price"...NOT

Actually Princess does honor price drops up until final booking. I'm Platinum with Princess and have gotten price drops on several cruises. I was just going to see about booking the AOS for next year as I like that itinerary and wanted to try RCCL again. I haven't been on an RCCL cruise since the early 2000's I've enjoyed my past RCCL cruises so nothing against the cruise line just ended up booking several Princess and when you start racking them up and getting some extra bennies it's hard to not stay loyal to one cruise line. Now with this new RCCL policy I'm not sure what I'll do.

I booked during the WOW sale.........called RCCL after the June 1st balcony discount email and got the C & A $200 balcony credit for our Grand Suite.

Good luck

MB

But didn't you lose your WOW obc? I thought wow wasn't combinable with anything.

If I have booked a cruise pre May 17th for next year and paid the deposit but swap to a different ship if my holiday plans change will that be a new reservation and therefore I wont get the price drops?

If I have booked a cruise pre May 17th for next year and paid the deposit but swap to a different ship if my holiday plans change will that be a new reservation and therefore I wont get the price drops?

I have always been allowed to keep the booking number when changing ships. This may not apply if you are applying for the new balcony discount or some other OBC. Then you would have to cancel and lose your ability to get price drops after final.

(if it is just a ship change specify "I want to keep my original booking number")

You will still be able to get price drops after final payment if your original booking was before May 17th.

Your booking number will stay the same but you will be charged £75 per person for the change.

Actually Princess does honor price drops up until final booking. I'm Platinum with Princess and have gotten price drops on several cruises. I was just going to see about booking the AOS for next year as I like that itinerary and wanted to try RCCL again. I haven't been on an RCCL cruise since the early 2000's I've enjoyed my past RCCL cruises so nothing against the cruise line just ended up booking several Princess and when you start racking them up and getting some extra bennies it's hard to not stay loyal to one cruise line. Now with this new RCCL policy I'm not sure what I'll do.

Yes indeed they do honor up to final payment, no questions asked and you don't need to be a lawyer to figure out the contract!

We did, figure it out, and never looked back, so glad we did...

We made the decision several RCCL contract revisions back and many years ago, Princess IMHO (for us) bends over backwards where not a chance with RCCL. We have our first RCCL on the books for many years, used to be exclusive until I got tired of all the constant changes in their favor.

They do a good job but not that good.

As far as starting over w/the perks? Really, how much are those perks really worth any more? Not much! It does not take long to rebuild w/another line if that is what is important!

We have cruised with Princess now for 10+ years and to my knowledge they have not watered anything down. We where worried when Carnival took them over but they promised they would not change, we haven't seen it if it has happened.

OK, I'm done for now...:D:p:eek:

So did you get the new balcony discount or old?

I think I missed this post....I got the old discount because of my booking date. I didn't want to convert to a new booking number and date in order to get the new discount. I'd rather wait and see if there are any price drops which would be greater than the extra balcony discount - if they have a senior or resident discount or just a normal price drop.

Gina

I booked out next cruise while on Enchantment on 26 May. The Loyalty Ambassador did not tell us about the change in the price drop policy. I just found out today when the price on our cruise dropped $150 per person and I call to get the new price. Boy way I suprisied. I will now have to cancel the reservation, lose the $200.00 OBC in order to get the new lower price.

I wil not book in advance anymore and take my chances with teh price drop. Last year we saved $2000 on the price of a JS with the drop.

I booked out next cruise while on Enchantment on 26 May. The Loyalty Ambassador did not tell us about the change in the price drop policy. I just found out today when the price on our cruise dropped $150 per person and I call to get the new price. Boy way I suprisied. I will now have to cancel the reservation, lose the $200.00 OBC in order to get the new lower price.

I wil not book in advance anymore and take my chances with teh price drop. Last year we saved $2000 on the price of a JS with the drop.

Hey, at least you can do that. On our one and only cruise with Norwegian, there was a price drop. We called to get it, and were told, "it's not a price drop, it's a 'special' for new bookings only". I said, "Well, fine, I'll cancel this reservation and book a new one." I was told, "No, if you cancel this reservation, you still can't get the 'special' rate because we know you just canceled and the computer won't give it to you." How's that for a kick in the can? Talk about customer service.

I'm not sure why you would have to cancel, this is taken from the Q&A on the Best Price Guarantee.

Q: What if I book prior to the penalty period and the price drops after 48 hours?

A: You actually have several options. If you book before final payment and the price drops on your itinerary, cabin category and sail date, you can request a fare adjustment or an upgrade if applicable, and the line will accommodate you. If you see a price drop on a different cabin category or sailing and you'd like to take advantage of that offer, you can cancel without penalty and rebook at the lower fare.

Once final payment is made, you are locked into the rate you paid and have no more opportunities to receive a price differential in onboard credit. However, as mentioned above, if the price drops such that a higher-category cabin now costs the same as what you paid, you can request an upgrade, if a cabin is available.

• 1 month later...

I haven't cruised since last November but we are looking to book for the Fall and i wonder if someone could clarify the new price drop policy.:confused:

If i see a price drop before the final payment is due, RCl will honor that and i will get a refund or OBC?

If i see a price drop after the final payment, RCl will not give an OBC or refund but i could switch to a "better" cabin based on what i have paid for my reserved one?

I did get a superb price drop 2 cruises ago....i never knew about the whole price drop thing and honestly am still thrilled to have gotten it! If you want a particular cabin in a particular category then it doesn;t pay to wait until within the 60 days period because it becomes a crap shoot. DH likes a certain cabin in a certain location so it'll just be a stroke of luck if that happens in the future.

Thanks in advan ce for clarification

I haven't cruised since last November but we are looking to book for the Fall and i wonder if someone could clarify the new price drop policy.:confused:

If i see a price drop before the final payment is due, RCl will honor that and i will get a refund or OBC?

If i see a price drop after the final payment, RCl will not give an OBC or refund but i could switch to a "better" cabin based on what i have paid for my reserved one? Thanks in advan ce for clarification

You are correct as stated above. You have to ask for the refund if you get a price drop before final payment; their first action would be to give you an obc.

I found a price drop on my spring cruise, I thought at that time I would get ship board credit, or refund, so I immediately called, and yes there was a price short price reduction, but my reservations were in a different category some thing to do with decks or what ever, I never challenged it and after following the price for months, it really did not change much even went high than I paid for it. I do believe that booking early guarantees you of a cabin you want if that is important to you, and right now many of cruises are completely booked up, people are traveling, mediocre economy and all so the cruise lines are making up for the cheap prices of last year.

You are correct as stated above. You have to ask for the refund if you get a price drop before final payment; their first action would be to give you an obc.

I quoted you Peggy, but to kkpcruiser to....if it's "before" final payment you haven't paid anything but the deposit yet. What is there to refund or give OBC for? Is that why people are cancelling and re-booking in to the same cabin (at the lower price) ?. I guess I am still confused about why you would get a credit or refund of monies not yet paid.

I quoted you Peggy, but to kkpcruiser to....if it's "before" final payment you haven't paid anything but the deposit yet. What is there to refund or give OBC for? Is that why people are cancelling and re-booking in to the same cabin (at the lower price) ?. I guess I am still confused about why you would get a credit or refund of monies not yet paid.

You don't get an OBC or refund before final payment. They reduce the amount that you owe at final payment. Under the old way after final payment was made you would get a refund or OBC if there was a price drop on your cruise.

You don't get an OBC or refund before final payment. They reduce the amount that you owe at final payment. Under the old way after final payment was made you would get a refund or OBC if there was a price drop on your cruise.

That's sort of what I thought...Before final payment, it's not a refund of money....it is a reduction of final payment amount, as it has been. I may have misunderstood what they were posting. Thanks. :)

It sounds the same way to me.

They are not the same. Price drops are something you can get before final payment. Price Protection Guarantee kicks in after final payment date. Anyone who books after final payment and finds a price drop WITHIN 48 hours of when they booked will be entitled to the price drop plus 10%.

Oh good grief..I have been gone to long,and am about to have a stroke...:oI read the first two pages and the last two

pages,and the CC article..

So...I book today and the price drops in two months,and it is still before final payment,what happens?

If it is after final..?

I know its repeated numerous times lol...But sometimes I read it as...only before 48 hours...then I see words like fare adjustment and OBC..

please..lay it out for me 1 more time :confused:

Archived