First Time Outside Cabin

This will be my third cruise, my second with RCL and my second time to Bermuda as well. That being said, this is going to be the first time my dad and i have had an outside cabin instead of an inside. I am beyond excited about this. Was your first outside cabin experience everything you wanted/expected it to be? (I'll be on Enchantment, cabin 2024 for anyone interested)

:cool: We just had our 1st outside cabin last fall. i was excited but when I looked out our deck 4 window we were so close to the water I started feeling sick. i spent the whole trip trying not to look out. lol :cool:

I got my first OV on Voyager, and it was a dissapointement, because they would not allow us to go thru on deck 2, so we had to take two elevators from fore deck 2 to get to dinner every night. My sister cant handle stairs. The ice rink above, they said is why only crew can go thru under it. All OVs are only on lower decks. When all insides, you can pick from nice high decks. We found we would rather do without the OV than take two elevators to dinner, even though the window was HUGE on Voyager. It was at least 5 ft in diameter. Largest window Iv ever seen.

Once you have an outside balcony you will never go back to anything else, only UP!!

We use the balcony more than we use the room. Love the aft cabins as the balconies are usually bigger. We have breakfast on the balcony every possible day.:D It is our favorite part of cruising. The most amazing balcony story is Alaska where we were afraid to miss something and stayed on the balcony almost the whole trip!!

Have fun take lots of photo's and ENJOY!!!!!! You will love it:D

Enchantment doesn't have a skating rink & I don't recall having a problem getting from our deck 2 OV on the Legend (sister ship) to the dining room, or anywhere else. We also found the location very convenient when we in port..............

I'm sure you'll love being able to look outside & having some natural light in your cabin. We tried insides a couple of times but just can't deal with the closed in feeling.

Once you have an outside balcony you will never go back to anything else, only UP!!

We use the balcony more than we use the room. Love the aft cabins as the balconies are usually bigger. We have breakfast on the balcony every possible day.:D It is our favorite part of cruising. The most amazing balcony story is Alaska where we were afraid to miss something and stayed on the balcony almost the whole trip!!

Have fun take lots of photo's and ENJOY!!!!!! You will love it:D

It's not a balcony, it's and OV...cruisecrazybmore...you'll love it...whether in a balcony or a OV I keep the curtains cracked to get the first light in the morning....

:cool: We just had our 1st outside cabin last fall. i was excited but when I looked out our deck 4 window we were so close to the water I started feeling sick. i spent the whole trip trying not to look out. lol :cool:

My MIL has an OV (she's a newbie) on our cruise next May. She is on deck 2. If deck 4 is very close to the water, is the window of deck 2 UNDER water?? :p

You'll love the oceanview. I don't think I could go back to an inside cabin because looking at the water is my favorite part of cruising. It's great to be able to look at it from your own cabin. Sometimes I'll put a pillow in the window sill and just sit there looking out.

Some people like inside cabins because they can sleep better in the pitch dark. But I like to wake up slowly with the light.

Enjoy your first oceanview!

An outside cabin is a very, very nice experience. Being able to see the islands as you pass by, enter or leave port is enjoyable. But what I think is best of all, with the beds separated into twins, you will love being able to sit on the bed and just look out on the water. If you are somewhat forward you will see the ship "cut" the ocean and see the most beautifully colored aqua waves. If you are midship or aft, your view will be of the beatiful foaming waves that the ship makes. And if the waves get to be too much for you, you just close the curtains--and you have an inside room! Oh, and keep an eye out for the flying fish:D

I just sailed to Bermuda in April and took an oceanview on deck two on Explorer of the Seas out of New Jersey. You will love it, large window and you are above the water, just loved it, with the sun coming in and put a pillow in the window and just enjoyed the sun and the waves. I have taken balcony cabins on my first two cruises and loved them also. Have fun, looking to take another cruise.

This will be my third cruise, my second with RCL and my second time to Bermuda as well. That being said, this is going to be the first time my dad and i have had an outside cabin instead of an inside. I am beyond excited about this. Was your first outside cabin experience everything you wanted/expected it to be? (I'll be on Enchantment, cabin 2024 for anyone interested)

What a great cruise, enjoy looking out from your cabin!!!

You are in for a treat! You will see the weather conditions, fish jumping from the water, dolphins (occasionally), other cruise ships, the possibilities are unlimited.

After this cruise you will think... "You know, an outside cabin is really not THAT much more expensive than an inside cabin :rolleyes: "

Enjoy!

My MIL has an OV (she's a newbie) on our cruise next May. She is on deck 2. If deck 4 is very close to the water, is the window of deck 2 UNDER water?? :p

No, there are no passenger cabins below water level.

Not always. Would you rather cruise twice a yr in an inside rather than once in a balcony? I sure would.

Have had insides lots of times as well as balconies. Not a problem at all.

What great stories!!

Boba - That's hilarious. My dad was in the Marines and LOVES rough seas, so I'm sure he'll enjoy being close to the water. As for me, I dont' get sea sick so hoepfully I won't mind it either.

gadaboutgal - We are forward. And I will definitely keep and eye for flying fish!

ADPMOM - In this case, the OV was cheaper than our previous two insides. I couldn't pass up on that!

My dad and I are both avid photographers, as in we took almost 6,000 pictures on our last cruise. Granted, it was two days longer, but we took over 3,000 the first time we went to Bermuda.

I am very excited!

Another plus is the OV cabins are slightly larger. It doesn't sound like much, but the difference can be more storage which is always nice.

We've cruised in insides, OV, balcony and a couple of times in mini suites. The larger the cabin, the nicer the cruise experience for us, but it's still a cruise no matter where you are :)

I think you'll love it. We've only stayed in OV and once a balcony. I've read the new

Disney ship is going to have a virtual window in the inside staterooms that will show the ocean (not sure if it switches to different views, ie. front of the ship, back, etc.) Cool!

Yep!!!

I got spoiled from the beginning---I've never had an inside cabin. TOO CLAUSTROPHOBIC.

I hope that you and your dad have a grand time in that outside cabin!!

Archived