SMELL Inside Cabin

I read this in a April 2010 review from an inside cabin.

"The stateroom smelled like stinky socks the entire cruise. Clothes smelled like that too. It is probably due to little ventilation and moisture buildup from the shower."

Has anyone else had this problem? 2011, I have friends that will be on Voyager in July, deck 7 aft. :confused:

There is only 1 outlet (with 2 plugs) in the cabin....bring something that doesn't require "plugging in"! Your friends will have a balcony, if they're in an aft cabin....they should have fine ventilation!

We haven't had an odor problem like that before, we've had an outside (window) cabin and a balcony before. I can imagine how it may get a little musty in an inside. Either way I'm particular about smells, so I like to have somthing in our room that gives a nice scent. We also pack Bath and Body Works Scent-portables, we use them in our car and they work well in the cabin. Glade also has some containers with scent pearls in them, which are nice to use as well.

Should you not tell your steward if the room smells and see if it can be sorted ?

Now I am worried - I have just booked a bargain on Adventure of the Seas - and inside promenade cabin. I have never been inside before but it was just a spur of the moment thing. I hope my husband doesn't have reason to whinge all week about me taking him in a smelly room.

i was on the Indy of the Seas, and on that ship at least, the ventilation system in the bathroom was so powerful! you could have repeated trips to the bathroom by people with the Norovirus and you wouldn't smell anything! excellent engineering with the ventilation on the Independence!

i read this in a april 2010 review from an inside cabin.

"the stateroom smelled like stinky socks the entire cruise. Clothes smelled like that too. It is probably due to little ventilation and moisture buildup from the shower."

has anyone else had this problem? 2011, i have friends that will be on voyager in july, deck 7 aft. :confused:

no!!

Archived