Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

I like some of the comments, like this one:

I didn't like some of the angles chosen and probably could have made a slightly better video, but I recognise I would not be as good at laying eggs on a beach.

- Perturbed, London, 15/6/2010 14:47

I think their account is the best I've read....and I really appreciated the map showing the path taken from Aruba to Key West. I could actually have looked at a map myself, but I didn't.

My children and I just watched the turtle video and I told them the story of the camera and the man from Key West. We are all amazed and heartened. You read stories here of pickpockets, of people complaining about what a stranger wore to dinner, and all sorts of bad and petty things but your story touched my heart.

I love that you returned the camera to the family and had fun with the investigation as well. Thanks for sharing this with the world. We do not often get to hear the good stories. Sharing this with my children was a good lesson about the goodness that still exists even in difficult times.

Great Job Paul!! I just watched the story on our local 7 WSVN and remembered your thread that I keep seeing but never opening! Impressive the way you put all the clues together to get the camera back to the owner and then finding him on Cruise Critic too...just amazing to me.

Great Job Paul!! I just watched the story on our local 7 WSVN and remembered your thread that I keep seeing but never opening! Impressive the way you put all the clues together to get the camera back to the owner and then finding him on Cruise Critic too...just amazing to me.

I was wondering if there would be anyone here from S. Florida who happened to be watching ch 7 last night. Thanks!

Paul!!!!!! I just heard you on the radio!!! I didn't even hear about this story as I'm listening to 97.9 and they mentioned your C.C. Screen name... I freaked out in the car!!! Thats such an awesome story! Way to go!

Paul!!!!!! I just heard you on the radio!!! I didn't even hear about this story as I'm listening to 97.9 and they mentioned your C.C. Screen name... I freaked out in the car!!! Thats such an awesome story! Way to go!

Hi Stephanie! Yea, I just got done with a radio station in W. Palm. Glad you heard it. :)

This is all so amazing and to think that both people are part of CC. I think this is phenominal. Also some where out thier in the ocean is a sea turtle who is now a reality TV star lololol. One of these days he is going to show up with a Turtle Agent and demand residuals lmao.

Adri :)

Hi all,

This has just been an amazing story.

We have been following since a poster drew our attention to it on the P&O Australia board on Cruise Critic.

Seems like the story has gone world wide ,

as a local TV channel down here in New Zealand,

closed its news bulletin tonight with the video clip of the turtle,

and they told the story of the camera.

If any of you are sitting at home bored tomorrow, turn on CNN. They are running my story at 12:45ish EDT. I won't be in the studio. The camera owner and I will be doing the interview by telephone.

By the way, the You Tube video has now gone over 2,000,000 views and is currently the #1 most popular video on You Tube. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43sg-Ytt58

Edited by Aquahound

If any of you are sitting at home bored tomorrow, turn on CNN. They are running my story at 12:45ish EDT. I won't be in the studio. The camera owner and I will be doing the interview by telephone.

By the way, the You Tube video has now gone over 2,000,000 views and is currently the #1 most popular video on You Tube. :eek:

Thanks - gonna set up my DVR now to tape it.

Heck can you keep an eye out for my dad's wedding band - he lost it 51 yrs ago on Miami beach - on his honeymoom:eek: - it may wash up somewhere:D

Pat

I will make a point of watching our own Paul from CC on CNN... are you nervous?:)

I set my DVR. I'm assuming you'll be on CNN Newsroom, which is what's showing on my TV Guide listings on my TV.