Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

Paul great story! I, too, ignored this thread. Since it coincided with the Holiday, and I have been very busy, and have only read a very limited amount of stuff. Fortunately, for me some folks on another site whose opinions I trust were raving about it and I clicked the link to this thread. You are a good man. I hope to buy you a beer some day while on a holiday.

your friend

jc

Thanks for the kudos, folks. I'm an investigator by profession, so I just couldn't pass up this challenge. I've got everything identified so far except the "who." I'm hoping to find one person with Aruban connections. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to book a trip to Aruba! :D

Great job! I lost my camera in March, in puerto Rico. I was on the Explorer of the Seas, on my way to Bayonne, from a 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise. The camera was lost somewhere on a tour bus in the port area. It is a silver canon digital camera with pictures from my cruise : St. Thomas, St. Maartin, Dominica, Barbados, Antigua. PLEASE if ANYONE knows anything about such camera let me know. It was my first cruise ever and no pictures!:(

I did a little math on this one. Following the Loop Current from Aruba, up past Central America and Mexico, looping through the Gulf, the distance is about 1800 miles. 6 months is roughly 4320 hours. The Loop Current travels about 1-2 mph. The math does work out.

I have to add another comment to this thread............because my husband and I had the pleasure of cruising with Paul and his lovely wife Tina last November on Radiance. What a great couple.

Paul is a very warm, personable and caring individual that it didn't surprise me at all when I started reading his thread as to how far he would actually go to find the owners.

The world needs more people like you Paul.

I have to add another comment to this thread............because my husband and I had the pleasure of cruising with Paul and his lovely wife Tina last November on Radiance. What a great couple.

Paul is a very warm, personable and caring individual that it didn't surprise me at all when I started reading his thread as to how far he would actually go to find the owners.

The world needs more people like you Paul.

Here, here! I can second this. I had the pleasure of cruising with Paul on the Solstice last year. He has a heart of gold. Although, I know his background, so I wouldn't want to be on his bad side. ;)

Hi, Paul! Say hi to Tina for me! :)

Great job! I lost my camera in March, in puerto Rico. I was on the Explorer of the Seas, on my way to Bayonne, from a 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise. The camera was lost somewhere on a tour bus in the port area. It is a silver canon digital camera with pictures from my cruise : St. Thomas, St. Maartin, Dominica, Barbados, Antigua. PLEASE if ANYONE knows anything about such camera let me know. It was my first cruise ever and no pictures!:(

Check out my post #177 on this thread for what you should have done to avoid this problem.

DON

Just a bit of an update here. I spoke with the camera's owner on the phone today. We are going to meet up in late July here in Key West. I'm really looking forward to it! :)

Thanks for update. Keep us posted on the meeting. Will be a fun meeting.

Chloe! Darn it! Thanks, but like I said earlier, this was fun. I don't want anything.

Although......Crown Loft......Hmmmm. ;)

I was awed by this thread! What a remarkable story. Here's another vote for Godfather PLUS the Crown Loft!

Just a bit of an update here. I spoke with the camera's owner on the phone today. We are going to meet up in late July here in Key West. I'm really looking forward to it! :)

Wow, what a friendship this will form !!! Just amazing.

I just read the whole thread now and watched the video. I must have been living under a rock or something for the last 2 weeks !!!! I have emailed my husband a brief summary, I know he will be impressed and will look it all up later.

What a reminder to us all to do something nice for others. You REALLY went all out, but we all need to remember that little things matter too!!!!

I have been to Key West and to Aruba. It is great to have reference in my mind to bring this story to life. I have even been snorkeling at one of the sunken shipwrecks in Aruba. I hope the reunion between you both goes well.

Like everyone else has already said, way to go!!!!! I applaud you and your determination. Maybe one day we will be lucky enough to be on the same cruise !

Thanks for making my day !

Danette