We're on Epic! What do you want to know?

kelly@

Batting Cages were advertised to be on Epic, but I haven't seen any pictures. Is that still something that is on the final product? Are there batting cages?

Also, in the bowling alley, do they have bumpers for people that don't bowl so well?

Thanks in advance.

Batting Cages were advertised to be on Epic, but I haven't seen any pictures. Is that still something that is on the final product? Are there batting cages?

Also, in the bowling alley, do they have bumpers for people that don't bowl so well?

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering this myself! Haven't seen/heard a thing about them. It was one of the ways I enticed my boyfriend (big baseball lover) to come on this ship with me. I hope I don't turn out to be a liar.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, not sure on the batting cages, will check!

Kelly

Thanks for the preview of Epic. We love uncovered balconies and I wondered if you have seen any. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks-Jim

Hi

We were on the 1 nighter in a balcony on deck 9 - those on deck 8 below us were all open - not enclosed at all. Lifeboats are just below tho, and not sure what sort of view you would get?

HTH

Kelly--Thanks for answering our questions. I have another...I can see from pictures that balcony cabins have a coffee pot. I am assuming that they provide you with those drop in coffee pods (pillows). We like to bring our own coffee. Do you think it would work if we were to bring the regular coffee filters (Mr. Coffee style) and our own preferred ground coffee? If we were to bring coffee filters, would they be the round shape or the "v" shape? We are very picky about our coffee and, heck, we're on vacation!!!!

Kelly, if possible would like to see a copy of the spa menu to see what services are offered. Thank you.

I second that request. The DH and I booked a spa balcony and I wonder what goodies might be on the menu (at an extra cost of course---LOL). I believe the key card only allows entrance but like a spa entry pass but I have no idea if there is anything else included. I would love to know that.;)

have you been told that you are due to dock in southamption at 0130 now, not 0500?

bringing you in early to have chance to load all the supplies for the TA cruise, or to let the workmen off as they have finally finished the Courtyard Villas?

do they have the billards tables,foosball tables,darts, and pinball machines like they said they'd have? if possible can you give me the names of the pinball machines?

From the pictures I have seen there are definitely billiards tables and darts in o'sheehans. I have seen air hockey in the kids club, don't know about pinball or foosball though.

How exciting to get your updates!!!

Curious if the doors are metal on the inside- - would like to use magnets on the inside to leave notes - etc.

Thanks!

Yes, they seem to be! :)

have you been told that you are due to dock in southamption at 0130 now, not 0500?

bringing you in early to have chance to load all the supplies for the TA cruise, or to let the workmen off as they have finally finished the Courtyard Villas?

Thanks for the info! Hadn't been told this, but we have been circling round in the Solent!

I got a brief look at the Courtyard area earlier tonight, and it is almost finished -- the Epic Club and Lounge are totally finished, and really lavish, too.

We also had access to the Courtyard itself, and I liked this area a lot. It was away from the elements (felt no wind at all) and the larger wicker sunbeds looked really comfy. The pool was empty, but I did notice it had disabled access.

We got a peek at one of the courtyard villas -- and I will post photos of this tomorrow (I have had trouble loading images onboard).

Didn't have a chance to see Posh Beach Club or other cabins as NCL said finishing touches were still being made to these areas. They did however say they will be ready for passengers tomorrow.

Kelly,

I'm interested to know more about the "premium seating" option in the Spiegel Tent.

Are those seats just closer to the action, or is there some other reason one would choose to pay the extra $5 for those seats? Is there really any bad seat in the house?

Thanks so much for all of the information you're providing!

Answering this now as I have just had dinner in the Spiegel Tent and I was also there for the Nickelodeon breakfast this morning!

I have been told that the "premium" seats are the tables closest to the stage in the centre of the tent. Personally, I don't think it matters too much where you sit as you can get a good view from the outside areas, too.

The circle seating upstairs looked like it had good views down on the stage -- but this offers seats going round the edge, so you won't be sitting on big tables.

Hope this helps!

Hope you get a chance to get a peek at one of the Owner's Suites on 17 at the front of the ship and can take photos or videos!

Have fun!

Hi there,

Apologies we weren't able to see these cabins as NCL was still adding finishing touches to this area so that they are ready for the transatlantic today.

Hi Kelly, thanks for doing this.

I'm booked into a studio cabin later this year. Please can you check out the following in the studio cabin:

Is there a hairdryer?

Are there plenty of coathangers?

Is there sufficient cupboard and wardrobe space for a two week cruise?

Can I make a brew? :D

Just so I know that I haven't got to buy a hairdryer, extra hangers, over the door thingy etc when I land in Miami or take up valuable luggage allowance packing unecessary items.

Cheers :)

Carol

Hi Carol

I've attached a few photos from the studio cabin (11513) that was open for us to look at during the cruise.

Now, I didn't see a hair dryer -- but I was told by a steward that they do have them. I always bring my own, just in case!

There are two wardrobes in the studio (not huge, but then this is a compact space!), plus other storage space in the form of baskets, so I think you will have enough room. There were only a couple of coat hangers in each wardrobe, but I think this was because it was being used as a display cabin. In my cabin (balcony cabin), I had about 8-10 hangers in each wardrobe.

Afraid there are no in-cabin tea or coffee making facilities in the studios though -- sorry! You can get this in the Living Room.

The cabins are snug, but I really liked the cool colours and the soft pink/red/blue lighting in the studios. They have a really contemporary vibe to them and I can see the appeal for solos. Also, the fact that they have a circular window that looks onto the corridor (people can't see in of course), gets rid of any inside cabin claustrophobia worries.

Enjoy your cruise!

studio-cabin-1.jpg.bbd88f3db0768c4920f4f4f94396061b.jpg

studio-cabin-2.jpg.01ad5b995bef343c448cd934ac582de6.jpg

studio-cabin-3.jpg.b2c27332b3e2e1d870eac5c86a933700.jpg

Kelly

I know you're pressed for time but could you get an answer, either by asking the HD staff or by taking a look, if Aft Penthouse (SE e.g. 11321) have enough room to replace the small glss coffee table with a game table?

John

Answering this now as I have just had dinner in the Spiegel Tent and I was also there for the Nickelodeon breakfast this morning!

I have been told that the "premium" seats are the tables closest to the stage in the centre of the tent. Personally, I don't think it matters too much where you sit as you can get a good view from the outside areas, too.

The circle seating upstairs looked like it had good views down on the stage -- but this offers seats going round the edge, so you won't be sitting on big tables.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Hi Kelly! Have you had a chance to check out the Kids' Club? Do you know if it is up and running and functional? I am sailing with 2 young kids and this was a big draw for us (keep them entertained while we have a little adult time!). Also, do you know if they will allow young children who are not toilet trained into the little kids' splash pool (the one that is only ankle deep) with a swim diaper? Thanks in advance for the info!!

Not that I care...I'll be too busy getting my Martini's on...but my Parents wanted to know if there's a library onboard? Really? LOL :eek: I checked the deck plans but didn't see one.

Thanks!

On a ship like this a library is a waste of space!! :D:eek::D Need more discos! :D

Archived