We're on Epic! What do you want to know?

kelly@

Hi there,

Wow, lots of questions already! I am actually onboard from tomorrow afternoon (June 22) through to Thursday, June 24 -- so I will go loaded with the questions tomorrow and hope to answer as many as I can.

Our editor in chief, Carolyn Spencer Brown, is already onboard -- she joined the ship on Saturday -- and is sharing her thoughts over on Cruise Critic U.K.'s blog.

She may have even answered some of your questions there.

Check it out here: http://cruisecriticuk.wordpress.com/

Looking forward to answering as many questions as I can on here, too.

Hi Kelly and Carolyn ( we met you on the QM2 a few years ago!!)- Can you tell me if there is ample legroom in the toilet area on the balcony cabins? Enough for a tall person. My DH found that there was no leg room in the toilets on the Jewel. Thanks Ellen

Hi there,

Wow, lots of questions already! I am actually onboard from tomorrow afternoon (June 22) through to Thursday, June 24 -- so I will go loaded with the questions tomorrow and hope to answer as many as I can.

Our editor in chief, Carolyn Spencer Brown, is already onboard -- she joined the ship on Saturday -- and is sharing her thoughts over on Cruise Critic U.K.'s blog.

She may have even answered some of your questions there.

Check it out here: http://cruisecriticuk.wordpress.com/

Looking forward to answering as many questions as I can on here, too.

Kelly, there is a big CC group that I'm sure you know (epicmadhatters.com and epic TA rollcall) boarding on June 24. Might be a good story to connect with us, especially Jim, who is the mastermind of the group!

If you look at the other threads you'll see lots of pictures that will help with your questions, including live bands and at least one piano bar. There's also a jazz club (fat cats), a dueling piano bar (howl at the moon) and lots more.

Thanks SdMike, I appreciate the information.

Just to keep you updated:

We found out a little while ago that Epic will be delayed arriving into Southampton tomorrow due to a technical problem with the propeller shaft. Epic had been due to arrive in port at 10 a.m. BST, but now it won't arrive until 5:30 p.m. BST, with embarkation at 8:30 p.m. BST.

So I wont be onboard until late tomorrow night.

As I mentioned already, our editor in chief, Carolyn Spencer Brown, is in Rotterdam getting ready to sail (although she tells us that there are still people waiting to board, and the ship was supposed to leave at 4 p.m. local time...).

She will be blogging here: http://cruisecriticuk.wordpress.com/

Here is a question:

What does NCL plan to do for Families that have an infant? Where are they going to put a crib? What about a toddler who doesn't sleep in a crib, but needs a safety rail? Do they have them available for the couch? Thanks so much!

Here is a question:

What does NCL plan to do for Families that have an infant? Where are they going to put a crib? What about a toddler who doesn't sleep in a crib, but needs a safety rail? Do they have them available for the couch? Thanks so much!

That's a rather general (and unrelated) question for a thread on Epic's first sailing.

That's a rather general (and unrelated) question for a thread on Epic's first sailing.

I think its a rather relevant question. Since the name of this thread is "What do you want to know?" People who are interested in this ship, and have children, may want to know if they can even fit a crib into the room as it seems that there is not enough room to fit a crib. I would think that NCL would have an answer if one were to ask. People are asking about 3rd and 4th bedding, but are assuming that those sleeping there are of an older age. I was just wondering as my son is going to be 2 years old when we go in September and do we need to pack something so that he doesn't fall off the sofa at night. If it doesn't get answered, so be it, but I might as well ask. Thanks.

Hi Kelly,

Glad to hear from anyone on board with some feedback. Just curious if you can tell me what is across from stateroom 13203? I'm hoping not alot of noise coming from there. Tks...

sunscreen

Hey Sunscreen! (wave) I haven't seen you on the roll call for a while, and I apologize for going off topic here, but are you interested in getting our kids together when mine is up there this summer? You can let me know on the roll call and we can make arrangements if you'd like.

Back on topic, I would love to know if people can eat from Cagney's menu and the Churroscaria at the same table. On the Star, we were able to order from the Asian Fusion menu and the Sushi menu at the same table, and I know that Cagney's and the Churroscaria share the same space and kitchen, and originally I interpreted it to be a 'combination' venue, as opposed to two separate ones, so I was kind of hoping for churroscaria with Cagney's sides...

Also, I've seen the noodle menu, have any others been posted anywhere yet? Jeez... I swear I'm not completely obsessed with food!! Really!!! :p

While we are all anxiously awaiting OUR turn to board, my group does have a quetion about getting off once our wonderful week is up. :( Don't want to think that far yet, really....

We do have a late flight out of Miami so would like to be among the last to leave the ship -- easier to find our luggage, ya know!

Can we sit in dining rooms or lounges -- will there be beverage service?

Any info at all will be helpful. Thanks for doing this!!

I think its a rather relevant question. Since the name of this thread is "What do you want to know?" People who are interested in this ship, and have children, may want to know if they can even fit a crib into the room as it seems that there is not enough room to fit a crib. I would think that NCL would have an answer if one were to ask. People are asking about 3rd and 4th bedding, but are assuming that those sleeping there are of an older age. I was just wondering as my son is going to be 2 years old when we go in September and do we need to pack something so that he doesn't fall off the sofa at night. If it doesn't get answered, so be it, but I might as well ask. Thanks.

I would call the cruise line directly on this, as I doubt you'll get an answer here (small percentage of passengers visit here, and even smaller % have a 2 year old)

I think it's a very relevant question!!

I am on the transatlantic with my 2 yr old and have exactly the same questions as you do! If no one answers before me then I'll post my experiences when I get back mid July!

Why don't one of you call the cruise line? I'm sure you'll get a much better answer a lot faster than you'd get here. My two cents. :)

The ship has arrived in sunny Southampton! I will be heading down to board early evening.

Looking forward to exploring the ship and getting as many answers as I can for you all! :)

We had to book a courtyard villa, as no Courtyard penthouses were available on our sailing. We are just two people and the two bedrooms is a waste of space. They do not show a floor plan for the penthouse, and if one should become available...I am wondering how much smaller the livinging/bedroom/bath area is over the CV. Thanks!

I am actually sorry that we booked a penthouse instead of cv. We stayed in cv's previously and they were great.

I've heard reports that the Courtyard area is not yet finished and those booked for them have been moved to other cabins for the 2 day sailing. True?

If true, do they expect they will be ready by Thursday for the TA? I've got friends booked up there so just trying to find out.

thanx

-Mongo

Archived