We're on Epic! What do you want to know?

kelly@

Keep the info coming. Karan is a terrific concierge, I don't know who the second one is on Epic. Wonder if the passenger has a choice if they're partial to one.

Any view of Posh? Is it open?

Ok, so I'm obviously not Kelly and, sadly, not currently on the Epic, but I wanted you to know that I did book a balcony on Deck 12 for 3 people. Later added another, so we now have 4, but there was no problem booking for three. Plus, if you look at the deck plans on NCL.com there are clearly many balconies that show as being able to accommodate 3 people.

If I were you, I'd definitely call back.

Hi there,

Did you book a HC balcony cabin for 3 though?

Thanks

Sam :)

cabin D4 8186

Ahh yes D8 , thought so, we had been looking to go higher if poss though due to the overhang above and the lifeboats. Will check availability though for our date for deck 8 as now I have seen balcony cabin pics I am seriously worried about my being able to manouvere as the reality is def smaller then the render implied.

Thanks for the info , much appreciated.

Thanks!!

That is an MD Mini suite/Deluxe balcony - I have one of them booked for my cruise next year although I wish it was on a higher deck.

Ahh Yep, thought so.

This is my point that i find incredulous on a new build ship that has made a 'big deal' about all outsides being balcony rooms. The only choice of an accesible balcony cabin seems to be insides or suites, no 'actual standard balcony' grade cabins...unless someone can offer some other info which would be fab!!

Many thanks,

Can you get a picture from one of the actual balcony cabins that shows the 'line of sight' obstruction (looking straight out, and down toward the waterline) if any caused by the lifeboats just below the balcony cabins on Deck 8? THANKS!!!

Can you get a picture from one of the actual balcony cabins that shows the 'line of sight' obstruction (looking straight out, and down toward the waterline) if any caused by the lifeboats just below the balcony cabins on Deck 8? THANKS!!!

Hiya,

I was just going to post that question myself :)

So thats two of us that would love a pic or info for that please Kelly

Thanks

Hiya, I was just going to post that question myself :) So thats two of us that would love a pic or info for that please Kelly

Thanks

Great minds think alike! Maybe also a variety of shots from balconies in the same way from Decks 9 and above that would look down at the lifeboats to see how it affects the view of the waterline?

I would love to see our balcony - Room 13145 - it's a regular balcony room but is positioned where the center cabins extend out further and has an odd shaped balcony that is larger than the others.

How is the night life? Do they have a live band? If so, what type of music? Is there a piano bar?

I've only sailed on Carnival and have been a loyal customer of theirs but since they no longer offer the 1A cabin with the reduced single supplement, I'm looking to see how NCL compares. I do know that their solo cabins are quite small but since I'm only there to sleep and shower I don't think that the smaller cabin is going to make a difference since there isn't a single supplement. However, I would like to have a night life on the ship.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Mark

2 questions - Is there a TV in the studio cabins? From all of the ads I am assuming that there aren't any. They are in the Living Room instead. Second question - Where can one go to gather and watch the sailaway? In looking at the model of the ship, I don't see anyplace to go. Love to have a drink and watch Miami disappear in the background. Take lots of pics and/or videos. Thanks

I'd like to know more about the spa stateroom set up. The epic website suggests that the spa staterooms are in a "private" area. Is it keycard access or just an out-of-the way hallway. Is there a special spa entrance for those is spa rooms? Any details on the spa suite (especially the little hot tub) are appreciated.

ETA: I just checked out the blog. What a fun read -- I especially enjoyed seeing the real pictures of epic (with people aboard :D)

How is the night life? Do they have a live band? If so, what type of music? Is there a piano bar?

I've only sailed on Carnival and have been a loyal customer of theirs but since they no longer offer the 1A cabin with the reduced single supplement, I'm looking to see how NCL compares. I do know that their solo cabins are quite small but since I'm only there to sleep and shower I don't think that the smaller cabin is going to make a difference since there isn't a single supplement. However, I would like to have a night life on the ship.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Mark

If you look at the other threads you'll see lots of pictures that will help with your questions, including live bands and at least one piano bar. There's also a jazz club (fat cats), a dueling piano bar (howl at the moon) and lots more.

2 questions - Is there a TV in the studio cabins? From all of the ads I am assuming that there aren't any. They are in the Living Room instead. Second question - Where can one go to gather and watch the sailaway? In looking at the model of the ship, I don't see anyplace to go. Love to have a drink and watch Miami disappear in the background. Take lots of pics and/or videos. Thanks

Yes, there is a TV. It's in the closet and swings out for viewing. There are pictures in other threads showing the studios in detail. For the sail away I suggest Spice H2O on deck 15 aft. Just be aware that this area is adults only.

2 questions - Is there a TV in the studio cabins? From all of the ads I am assuming that there aren't any. They are in the Living Room instead.

Based off the images of the Studios I have seen, there are indeed flat panel TVs in the room.

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it! :P

Kelly, I'm somewhat confused - you mention visiting all cabin categories from studios to Garden Villas - I thought that there weren't any Garden Villas on the Epic. Am I wrong?

You are correct, no garden villa's on the Epic..

Are there IPod docking stations or aux jacks in the tv for in cabin personal music? How are the balcony sizes? Look forward to hearing about everything! Our standard balcony cabin has the bed by the balcony how can you walk by?????? Looks so very small.

Archived