Today is Last Day for $75 Passports

AFT_LOVER

and what a grief session we have had to get them done by midnight today. Listed agents are OOB and are still on the Fed list. So the Post Office did Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation as proof that they have our passport, application for renewal & 2 photos for each of us for $5.25.

Tomorrow it is $125........

Please check your facts...

Renewals are $110 not $125, new Passports $135.

I have no idea what you mean by "listed agents are OOB" :confused:

A wild guess -- "out of business"?

Anyway, I think I still have 4 years remaining on my passport.

What should I do -- renew now, and throw that time away

just to get the lower renewal price? When it's up for renewal,

I'll just pay the price -- it's insignificant compared to the travel

costs.

I recently submitted mine for a name change, but would have been due to renew next year anyway. Didn't realize the price was going up, but glad I managed to get the lower price.

We recently got passports for all 3 kids too, even though only one was traveling and needed one. Looks like we got a better price on all of them too!

When did everyone first learn about the price increase, and what was the source? I just knew about it because my mom heard the announcement on NPR Friday afternoon. So if she did not get the idea that we should have them before booking our first cruise (and she was not thinking specifically about cruises), I would not be waiting for a passport in 2010. Did anybody get a passport just to beat the price increase without having cruises already booked?

When did everyone first learn about the price increase, and what was the source? I just knew about it because my mom heard the announcement on NPR Friday afternoon. So if she did not get the idea that we should have them before booking our first cruise (and she was not thinking specifically about cruises), I would not be waiting for a passport in 2010. Did anybody get a passport just to beat the price increase without having cruises already booked?

The proposed rate increase was announced in late February.

The proposed rate increase was announced in late February.

I did not hear about it until late June.

I guess I missed the late February announcement because I was on a Princess cruise in another hemisphere at the time.

Wish I had heard about it as it will now cost us $82 each for the extra pages that used to be free.

Archived