I've been contacted about my Feedback Survey

warmwinds

You know, the one they have you fill out on the last day. As usual, I had mostly praise and a few criticisms, and this is the first time I've been contacted. We were out and just had the message on the machine with a number to call, and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if you felt it was worthwhile to call and elaborate on what you wrote.

Wife and I were on the 6/27 Solstice sailing and got a voice mail today. I have not had a chance to call them back. This was my 23rd cruise and we have never been called before.

Looking forward to hearing why they called since we had no issues on the Solstice (had room #1603 in Aqua Class which was great, as was Blu).

Chris

We had a phone call regarding our cruise on Equinox Trans Atlantic Nov 5 ,2009 . Imo Celebrity is looking for the honest opinion of certain cruisers .We have done 47 cruises & mostly with Celebrity & Royal ships .

Oh almost forgot .My review was 95% positive . The only negative was the too crowded lunch area at the buffet & lack of available seating ,during prime time lunch

We were also contacted. Nice to think that someone is reading those things! I got the impression that the person didn't have an agenda, just wanted us to know we had been heard. (Our review was mostly positive also). I felt she would have listened as long as I wanted to talk. Since I was in a hurry we had a short conversation! First contact after many cruises on 4 different cruise lines, and lots of comment cards filled out!

Wife and I were on the 6/27 Solstice sailing and got a voice mail today. I have not had a chance to call them back. This was my 23rd cruise and we have never been called before.

Looking forward to hearing why they called since we had no issues on the Solstice (had room #1603 in Aqua Class which was great, as was Blu).

Chris

Hi Chris, if you read this before you call them back....ask them

how they choose which passengers they call. I have sailed with them

25 times and have never received one.

Hi Chris, if you read this before you call them back....ask them how they choose which passengers they call. I have sailed with them 25 times and have never received one.
I have 18 Celebrity cruises and was contacted for the first time after our May 2010 Mercury Alaska repositioning. The rep was familiar with my mostly favorable comments from the card. I'm not sure if they are contacting most people now or not, but X is obviously devoting many more resources to contacting passengers after their cruise and discussing their experience, presumably both to see if they can learn more and most likely as a "soft" sell [buying another cruise was never mentioned, but "we care about you" is a good sales technique]. I said that I did have one small complaint that I had not put on the Comment Card - the "Do Not Disturb" signs that often fall off of the door handle [and mentioned that sister companies RCI [sign sticks in the keyslot] and Azamara [sign sticks in a vertical slot on the door] have much better solutions and don't have a problem with falling signs. I was thanked for this input and told that it would be forwarded. BTW the falling sign did NOT ruin our cruise:D

Thom

When we get home - DH has an internal bet about how long before we get the call. RCL - no call, but Celebrity we've been called 4 or 5 times. We're usually pretty positive - but I also make the negatives clear as well.

On the survey - and on the phone.

We were called last year after our mercury cruise. We had mostly positive things to say and the caller seemed interested in how I felt they could correct some of the minor issues we had. ( I must say that just asking me that made the issues seem even more minor because it seemed like they cared...Nice marketing move:)) I did say I would like to see a new ship home port in the Northeast and shortly afterward....TADA.....The silhouette is coming to Bayonne. who knew I was soooo powerful!!???:eek::D

Since we have yet to embark upon our first cruise, we will have to wait and see if we are contacted regarding comment cards. I can, however, state that my in-laws have already been called by Celebrity reps who were trying to sell them a cruise. They used the telephone number that was required as an emergency contact as a marketing tool.

We've been called on our last two cruises with Celebrity. Both have been in CC class cabins. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Our reviews have generally been positive, but we do tend to fill in the comment portion of our cards with all our comments, including what maybe was not up to par, etc. Particularly on our last cruise, there was quite a few negatives that we pointed out. Maybe they call people who take the time to fill out that portion of the comment card as I'm sure the written comments are more valuable to them than the standard fill in the bubble???

In addition, on our last cruise I also received an email from celebrity about our cruise to fill out a more detailed survey about our cruise on line. That survey took about 20 minutes to complete and asked more in depth questions and asked for a lot more feedback based on your responses.

My wife and I were on last week's 4th of July cruise. I got a call today from Celebrity with a follow up of our onboard survey. Nice lady, informal follow up. We were in AQ cabin.

Nice touch.

Kel:)

Seems like there is definitely a trend in the responses. Haven't noticed anyone with a mostly negative response being contacted. Maybe there aren't any. :rolleyes:

Seems like there is definitely a trend in the responses. Haven't noticed anyone with a mostly negative response being contacted. Maybe there aren't any. :rolleyes:

I think Celebrity is pretty smart and I agree that there appears to be a trend, unless the folks who had negative experiences aren't reporting back on phone calls they received, or perhaps they are not on CC!

I used to work with students to raise their SAT scores, and we used to tell them that it is easier to raise scores in your strong area than your weak one. I think Celebrity buys into that theory....for those of us who list mostly positive reviews, they can cement that "post-vacation happiness" with the warm, fuzzy, relatively short telephone call. I would think those who are significantly unhappy would sound off for a long while if they had the opportunity, so their calls wouldn't be as efficient.

Has anyone who was really negative on the comment cards received a call? Inquiring minds want to know! :D Regardless, I was pleased to get my call, so the strategy worked with me!

We were contacted after our Feb.3,2010 Equinox cruise. Mine was mostly positive but for a very minor complaint about the little mat that is at the balcony door entrance. It was frayed and ratty looking and just didn't belong in the otherwise beautiful cabin. The person calling agreed and said he'd report it along with the praise that I had given to our waitstaff and room attendants.

I was contacted less than a week after our Infinity Alaska cruise in June. We are Elite. My comments were mostly positive and the lady focused on those. I would have elaborated more on the not so positive comments I had about the captains club host but she wasn't interested! Either way, I was glad that someone read my comments and called.

We had some negative comments on our last survey. Our bathroom shower was not in the best of condition, needed regrouting, etc and the a/c wasn't working properly, etc. There were a few others, but I can't recall. When they called they left a message thanking us for our comments and also went on to say that they would forward them to the appropriate departments. So I am assuming the negative ones about ships maintenance were forwarded back to the ship for taking care of.

I was pleasantly surprised to listen to a v/m from Celebrity as I headed home from work today. We were also on the July 4 Solstice cruise.

I had mostly positive comments and provided a list of crew members that gave us outstanding service. I think that my biggest negative was not having enough staff in Cafe al Bacio and the bar inside Oceanview Cafe during peak times.

Holly

Archived