Embarkation day restaurants

AnitaJane&RB

It seem that everyone rushes to the buffet for lunch on embarkation day and its like a zoo. Is the Aqua Spa Cafe open ? Its a much more pleasing alternative.

The Aqua Spa Cafe was open on embarkation day for our January cruise on the Connie. Open, but devoid of people! The rush is always on to eat at the buffet! For some, that is the only place (other than the MDR) to eat! :) Just leaves more room at the other venues for the rest of us.....

I actually checked this out for a friend on our Eclipse cruise, both the Aqua Spa cafe and the Mast Grill were open when we boarded around 12 and no one was using them.

Julie

Thanks to all for the info. If you're on the Dec 4th Eclipse sailing, we'll see you in the Aqua Spa cafe!

First time Celebrity cruiser here...............I'm puzzled by the posts. Are all of these places open for diners?

I see one charges $5.00.........I'm only used to paying $20. in a fine dining restaurant and fear these varied choices and charges will be confusing for us..................:

Thanks for any/all advice!:

First time Celebrity cruiser here...............I'm puzzled by the posts. Are all of these places open for diners?

I see one charges $5.00.........I'm only used to paying $20. in a fine dining restaurant and fear these varied choices and charges will be confusing for us..................:

Thanks for any/all advice!:

The posters are referring to where they eat lunch on embarkation day. I'm sure other posters can advise you on the various venues for dinner. The times the restaurants, buffet, cafe and poolside grill are open are in the daily schedule, Celebrity Today.

If you use the search feature on this site you'll find much information about all of these places.

Enjoy your first Celebrity cruise!

Last year on the Solstice the Aqua Spa Cafe was not open for lunch on embarkation day... I don't think the Mast Grill was open either, but I could be wrong.

We love eating at the Bistro on 5 ($5 charge) for lunch on embarkation day. There were very few people dining there but we had a view of everyone as they boarded the ship. Great food and great people watching!

The Aqua Spa Cafe was open on embarkation day for our January cruise on the Connie. Open, but devoid of people! The rush is always on to eat at the buffet! For some, that is the only place (other than the MDR) to eat! :) Just leaves more room at the other venues for the rest of us.....

Is there a charge for the Aqua Spa Cafe? What can you get to eat there?

Thanks for any/all advice!:[/quote

Hi,:) folks are asking about different venues that are open for lunch

on the day of sailing. The 5.00 venue is Bistro on 5 but Infinity does

not offer that choice. At this point in time it is only on the S class

ships and Constellation. I see your signature says you are sailing

on Infinity.

As for Fine Dining, Infinity's Specialty Restaurant is called

"The USS UNITED STATES" and it is 35.00 per person.

Is there a charge for the Aqua Spa Cafe? What can you get to eat there?

No charge for it:) they serve healthier options and it is really good:)

Grilled chicken and salmon (just a couple of examples) fresh veggies

and marinated fruit....which is really, really good:D...salads, and yes

they have desserts too.

It is open daily for breakfast and lunch.

I seem to remember the Mast Grill being open on embarkation day on all sailings. On our cruise last year on the Equinox my DH wanted a burger and fries from the grill. The problem was, it was very windy in port and not many passengers were opting for the grill so everything was cold. The buffet was a much better choice on that cruise. If we had known how good the lunch buffet was on other days we would have gone to Bistro on 5 the day we sailed. That's my plan for our next cruise.

Mary Lou

No charge for it:) they serve healthier options and it is really good:)

Grilled chicken and salmon (just a couple of examples) fresh veggies

and marinated fruit....which is really, really good:D...salads, and yes

they have desserts too.

It is open daily for breakfast and lunch.

Yummy! This sounds perfect. Thank you!:D

Friends,

Times and venues will vary from ship to ship, from class to class, and from cruise to cruise ... but perhaps the following Embarkation Day times -- from a February, 2010, Equinox cruise may be interesting/helpful to some of you. [The "d" in parentheses means "deck."]

-- Lunch options were:

Bistro on Five and Gelateria (d5) from 11AM onward,

Mast Grill (d14) from 11:30AM to 6:30PM,

Aquaspa Cafe (d12) from 12N to 3PM,

Oceanview Cafe (d14) from 12N to 3:30PM [incl. hot/cold lunch, pizza, pasta, and ice cream]

-- Afternoon/Evening availabilities at Oceanview Cafe (d14):

Ice cream (continued) from 3:30PM to 9:30.

Pizza/Pasta (continued) from 3:30PM to 1:00AM [except 9PM to 9:30].

Sushi from 5:30PM to 9:30.

Snacks from 9:30PM to 1:00AM.

-- Dinner options were:

Main Dining Room -- early seating (d3/d4) from 6:00PM to roughly 8:15.

Main Dining Room -- late seating (d3/d4) from 8:30 to roughly 11:30.

Main Dining Room -- "Celebrity Select" open seating (d4, port side?) from 6:00PM to roughly 11:30 (last seating at 9:00).

All specialty restaurants (Murano / TuscanGrille / SilkHarvest) from 6:00PM to 10:00.

Blu (d5) -- open seating (for the Blu-blooded only ;)) from 6:00PM to roughly 12:00 (last seating at 9:30).

-- Cafe al Bacio (d5) was open from 11AM to 1AM. Live music during embarkation was only in Cafe al Bacio (d5, 11:15AM to 4PM).

-- Bar that opened at 10AM:

Passport Bar (d3, to 12NOON, but reopened at 4PM).

-- Bars that opened at 11AM:

Pool Bar (d12, to 9PM),

Sunset Bar (d15, to 11PM),

Oceanview Bar (d14, to 12M).

-- Bar that opened at 12:30PM: Mast Bar (d14, to 8PM).

-- Bars that opened at 4:00PM:

Martini Bar & Crush (d4, to "late") -- with "Martini flight" available from 5:00PM to 9,

Passport Bar (d3, to 12:30AM),

Sky Bar (d14, to 1AM).

-- Bars that opened at 5:00PM:

Cellar Masters Lounge (d4, to 12M),

Michael's Club (d5, to 1AM),

Ensemble Lounge (d5, to 1AM),

Galeria Tastings [Molecular Bar] (d5, to 12M) -- "Molecular Mixology" at 7PM.

-- Bar that opened at 6:30PM: Michael's Club (d5, to 1AM).

-- Bar that opened at 10:00PM: Quasar Bar (d4, to "late").

-- Live music in the evening:

Poolside (d12, at 4:45PM sail-away to ?),

Oceanview Bar (d14, at 5PM to ?),

Ensemble Lounge (d5, at 5:30PM to ?),

Passport Bar (d3, at 6:15PM to ?),

Cafe al Bacio (d5, at 7:45PM to ?),

Sky Bar (d14, at 10PM to ?),

Michael's Club (d5, at 10PM to ?).

-- For early (6PM) MDR diners, theatre show was at 8:45; for late (8:30PM) diners, it was at 10:45.

• 5 weeks later...

jg51, thank you so much for all this information. Could you tell me what time the mdr opens for breakfast and lunch? Is lunch served M-Sa in the mdr? If you don't happen to know, could you steer me in the right direction for an answer? If I forgot to thank you, I do appreciate all the work you put into the beverage price list. You are making me anticipate this cruise even more - knowing I'm not going in to it blind!

Could you tell me what time the mdr opens for breakfast and lunch? Is lunch served M-Sa in the mdr?

On Sea Days:

MDR Breakfast - 7:30 - 9:30 (Open Seating)

MDR Lunch - 12 Noon - 1:30 (Open Seating)

On Port Days:

MDR Breakfast - 7:30 - 9:30

MDR Lunch - Closed

If there is a Brunch scheduled, then MDR is closed for breakfast and open for brunch from 10:00 - 1:00.

On Disembarkation Day all venues are open at 6:00 (Ocean Cafe & Cova Cafe) or 6:30 AM (MDR & Aqua Spa Cafe) and serve until 8AM.

Celebrity Today (which you receive each evening) will post the times for your ship and itinerary. I am sure they can vary, depending on arrival times in port, etc. These were the hours on the Connie in May, 2010.

This can all change due to arrival times in port, etc. Hope this helps.

jg51, thank you so much for all this information. ... If I forgot to thank you, I do appreciate all the work you put into the beverage price list. You are making me anticipate this cruise even more - knowing I'm not going in to it blind!

You're very welcome, "twofortheroad."

I'm glad that "gimletgal" was able to answer your questions.

Archived