Change Celebrity?

GeorgeL

No, don't do that to the crew. Their shipboard life is bad enough....

Hi,:) I agree with you wholeheartedtly. They work more hours in a day

than I could do~many of them come from very, very hard lives at

home as well. I doubt Celebrity could even find as many crew as they

need that are non-smokers.

Cheryl, I wanted to tell you, I love your Avator:D

Totally agree. The Celebrity crew would be the ONE thing I would not want to change. They are superb!

One of the things we liked most about Celebrity when we started cruising the line was the fantastic party band and the great acoustical rock singer who played the aft bar.

Over the years, and over a dozen X cruises later, the entertainment in these venues has been very inconsistent and instead of trending towards the style we like the music seems to have shifted toward a style that is either lower quality and/or appeals to a more mature target group than us (and we're in our 50's). This isn't true on all cruises, for example our last X cruise had a pretty good party band and a pretty good acoustical rock singer. But it is inconsistent and on some cruises the party band is of poor quality and can't rock at all and neither can the bar singer.

As tor the theater entertainment - I don't know if it has gotten weaker or just hasn't changed enough from what we've seen on prior X cruises as frequent cruisers. But we sure would like to see an improvement in quality and variety. I mean, how many times does one really want to see a xylophone player as the featured theater entertainment - some like him but once was too many times for us.

Otherwise, we enjoy the X experience enough to keep coming back. As for food, while there is always room for improvement in the food it is pretty good already and we're satisfied with the current level.

One of the things we liked most about Celebrity when we started cruising the line was the fantastic party band and the great acoustical rock singer who played the aft bar.

Over the years, and over a dozen X cruises later, the entertainment in these venues has been very inconsistent and instead of trending towards the style we like the music seems to have shifted toward a style that is either lower quality and/or appeals to a more mature target group than us (and we're in our 50's). This isn't true on all cruises, for example our last X cruise had a pretty good party band and a pretty good acoustical rock singer. But it is inconsistent and on some cruises the party band is of poor quality and can't rock at all and neither can the bar singer.

As tor the theater entertainment - I don't know if it has gotten weaker or just hasn't changed enough from what we've seen on prior X cruises as frequent cruisers. But we sure would like to see an improvement in quality and variety. I mean, how many times does one really want to see a xylophone player as the featured theater entertainment - some like him but once was too many times for us.

Otherwise, we enjoy the X experience enough to keep coming back. As for food, while there is always room for improvement in the food it is pretty good already and we're satisfied with the current level.

I totally agree about the quality of entertainment. It remains Celebrity's weakest area, IMO.

COFFEE!!

I know this thread is supposed to be about the ONE thing you'd like to change and I already whined enough about the entertainment. But it seems like it would be relatively easy to make decent coffee on the ship and not the terrible brew they've served for years.

Yes they have great coffee at the coffee bar but, like many Americans, I prefer good old drip/filter/brewed coffee over espresso based coffee and the $4/cup price at the coffee bar is too much for ALL of our coffee drinking.

I'll also admit that they've improved the coffee over the past couple of years, but while going from a 1 to a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10 is a big improvement it still isn't good enough. Give us some decent coffee!!!

Thanks. A belly button avatar is hard to find....:eek:

C

I agree about the entertainment... Evenings seems a little bit slow. I love Celebrity for the relaxing and mellow vacation that they provide, but it's fun to enjoy a good show. The shows just aren't up to par with other cruise lines. I don't expect Celebrity to have huge broadway shows like other mainstream lines, but a single great performer would be preferable to mediocre shows that poorly imitate Vegas shows.

More variety - including shorter cruises.

Hop on - hop off option (you can take the whole cruise or just a segment).

Saturday departures/arrivals vs. Sunday ones (for those of us who have to be back to work Monday morning).

More ships sailing in/out of Northeast even if it means one-way runs (e.g. 1st Cruise: Miami --> Bahamas --> Bermuda --> New York. 2nd Cruise: In reverse).

I want to whine about Celebrity leaving Baltimore. My DH & I recently ('07) became turned on to cruising & were all happy about being able to sail our favorite cruise line out of Baltimore. It's a lovely cruise port. So my #1 request would be Celebrity (ANY SHIP) sailing out of Baltimore again.

Annie

More variety - including shorter cruises.

Hop on - hop off option (you can take the whole cruise or just a segment).

I would love this option! Allow guests to leave the cruise at any port and make it easy to pick up another ship at any port. A month of "ship hopping" and exploring ports would be great.:)

You could create your own itinerary!

Kel:)

I would love this option! Allow guests to leave the cruise at any port and make it easy to pick up another ship at any port. A month of "ship hopping" and exploring ports would be great.:)

You could create your own itinerary!

Kel:)

When my husband and I took our first cruise, during the middle seventies, someone on our cruise did that. The cruise was round trip from New York with Ports of Call at St Thomas and St Maarten. One passenger just took it from New York to St Maarten which was not unusual at the time. However, with all of the current security procedures, I don't think that will ever happen today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LustforLife

Bring back M. Roux

Quote:

Oh, yeah.

And beef up formal night dress code, back to where it used to be.

Spearmint

I agree with both of these!

getting rid of formal/semi-formal nights; or at least splitting MDR so that those who want formal/semi-formal can have it, and those that don't, don't need to comply.

I think that would have worked very well before the dining rooms were split for traditional and select dining, but would not work now. However, now that Celebrity's new ships have multiple specialty restaurants, I think it would be a good idea to have one of them with full service that is always casual.

Change I want:

Reverse the changes of the last 15 years.... :cool:

Since that`s a non-starter...

Give those people who come back year after year because they like the Celebrity experience, a greater choice in evening entertainment options.

.. and if that happened on new itineraries, even more people would be happy.

Archived