How much CCL stock do you need to buy

califgary

Quick question how much CCL stock do you need to have in order to qualify for the OBCs? Do you just let the reservation person know you are a stock owner how do they verify? If I bought stock now can I apply to cruises Ive already reserved?

Info appreciated thanks!

You must hold at least 100 shares.

You can submit the request after final payment. Send it by Fax, email or snail mail

FAX the request (include stock ownership paperwork) to Liza McDaniel at 661-753-0151. Include your name, sailing date, ship name and booking number. Ask for a confirmation by email to make sure it has arrived and been accepted.

Email address: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151

You need to own a minimum of 100 shares in order to qualify for the OBC. You just need to fax your proof of owndership to:

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151

lmcdaniel@princesscruises.com

It can be applied to cruise you have already booked as long as you provide proof of ownership in advance of your sailing date.

How much OBC is available? Does it vary with cabin type and length of cruise?

I rec'd this link and also heard you must by shares every year to maintain:

Here's a link to the stockholders benefits page: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...0/shareben.pdf

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...0/shareben.pdf

I rec'd this link and also heard you must by shares every year to maintain:

Here's a link to the stockholders benefits page: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...0/shareben.pdf

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...0/shareben.pdf

You heard wrong. You do not need to buy additional shares every year...

How much OBC is available? Does it vary with cabin type and length of cruise?

The amounts are outlined here:

Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to their shareholders:

• Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250

• Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days+ US $100

• Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $50

100 shares will give you the OBC and if you want, often your TA will look after getting it for you if you provide him/her with evidence of your holding. I don't believe you get the OBC until after final payment has been made on the cruise in question.

To buy CCL or any other stock, one should have an account. Further, if one does not know how to find the cost of a stock, it may be a bit risky to purchase it.

Buying stock is an investment. You buy with the goal of increase in value over time.

Before purchasing any stock the potential buyer should conduct a bit of research.

Certainly, CCL is close to a low point for the year now. Stock prices fluctuate -- they go up and they go down. Any buyer must be aware that the stock over time may make or lose money.

We've owned 100 shares of Carnival stock for many years. We find it to be a good investment especially when everything else is down :(. We get more in OBC than we get in dividends. I'd suggest that you use a copy of your "Proxy Vote" as proof of ownership, not your Broker's statement.

We've never had a problem. It seems that you can combine it with other OBC, too.

I think Roses2 is probably in the "Broker Business" :). She's absolutely right in what she posted, but we feel that the OBC is a big plus to our investment :).

No, we are NOT in the stock brokerage business. However, we are long-time prudent investors.

When investing, and buying stock is an investment, one should fully understand the risks involved.

We have held CCL for many years and with taking about 3 cruises a year, in addition to the investment value, the OBC has worked out very well for us.

For an occasional cruiser to buy the stock just to get the OBC probably is not the wisest course of action.

At the current price of just over $30 per share, CCL is at the lower end of its price range over the past 12 months. CCL has ranged from just under $30 to about $42 per share during the past year.

Before buying this, or any other stock, any prudent individual should evaluate what he/she is buying and if he/she does not know how to find the price of a stock, perhaps it would be prudent to learn before spending $3000 to buy the stock.

Just a peronal opinion -- nothing more.

OK, so I just purchased 100 shares, and I have a cruise coming up in November. What is considered valid ownership paperwork, the letter I get from my investor showing the purchase that I get with every stock trade that gets mailed to me, or do I need something else?

Thanks,

Mike

A recent trade confirmation, a recent account statement or a proxy for the annual meeting will all do. The trade confirmation will work for a while, but not forever since you can sell the stock. I bought in June 09, and used the confirmation for July & October crsuies without problem. Dor April 10, Liza sail She needed something more recent.

A recent trade confirmation, a recent account statement or a proxy for the annual meeting will all do. The trade confirmation will work for a while, but not forever since you can sell the stock. I bought in June 09, and used the confirmation for July & October crsuies without problem. Dor April 10, Liza sail She needed something more recent.

Paul,

Sounds good, I will assume my trade confirmation will suffice, and hope that if it isn't, they will tell me that.

Thanks,

Mike

When investing, and buying stock is an investment, one should fully understand the risks involved.

We have held CCL for many years and with taking about 3 cruises a year, in addition to the investment value, the OBC has worked out very well for us.

For an occasional cruiser to buy the stock just to get the OBC probably is not the wisest course of action.

That's pretty much what I said in a recent thread, and was kind of pooh-poohed for it. Had I bought 100 shares in May, just when I booked an Alaska cruise I'll be on next week, in order to get the $100, I would be looking at about $1000 in paper losses just now. Meanwhile, by keeping the same amount of money in a low-risk GNMA fund, I earned about $120. And yes, while the stock could recover tomorrow, there's a question in my mind about a possible double-dip recession, when CCL is totally dependent on people - including many fixed income retirees - willing to plunk down disposable resources on recreational travel.

Like you said, for frequent cruisers who know they be on a lot, and a lot of longer cruises, in the foreseeable future, the OBCs do provide a cushion against possible losses or a bonus to possible gains. But yeah, risky.

Archived