National Geographic & Oasis of the Seas

I was trying to find another episode but came across this and it looks pretty interesting: Worlds Largest Cruise Ship Episode airs: Thurs-Sept. 9-9PM(EST), Fri-Sept.10-12AM(EST) and Thurs-Sept. 16-5PM(EST)

Already have my DVR programmed to record this program about Oasis of the Seas. Last week, the Science Channel carried a similar program but it was about Independence of the Seas, which was the World's Largest cruise ship when the program was made.:)

I was trying to find another episode but came across this and it looks pretty interesting: Worlds Largest Cruise Ship Episode airs: Thurs-Sept. 9-9PM(EST), Fri-Sept.10-12AM(EST) and Thurs-Sept. 16-5PM(EST)

this is a show about the FREEDOM....its an older show..we just watched it.

Nat Geo's website says it has an Oasis show on 9/11...but my DVR doesn't show it. :confused:

this is a show about the FREEDOM....its an older show..we just watched it.

Nat Geo's website says it has an Oasis show on 9/11...but my DVR doesn't show it. :confused:

The show on the Nat Geo channel IS the Oasis and not the Freedom. It has been on previously. It's a great show that takes you through the planning and building stages with the final five minutes taking a quick tour through such places as Central Park and Royal Promenade.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/man-made/5098/Photos/5098-man-made-worlds-largest-cruise-ship-09_04700300.JPG#tab-Photos/8

:eek:yeah my dvr also says frredom. first, science channel screwed it up about saying its oasis but turned out to be independence. and now nat geo is also saing oasis, at least on their website, and dvr says freedom............. what the heck man:cool:

It's a little confusing. According to my Cox schedule, BOTH shows are going to be on.

From COX - (Pacific time zone) Guide

9am - 10 am - Man Made which I assume is about Oasis. Description says largest cruise ship, but does not specifically say Oasis.

6 pm - 7 pm World's Largest Cruise Ship.. Freedom of the Seas.

World's Largest Cruise Ship repeats at 9 pm - 10 pm.

I've set my DVR and I guess it will be a surprise when I watch. There's another Freedom show with Samantha Brown from Travel Channel, but I'm guessing this is not the same one. We're just off the FOS and my granddaughters will enjoy seeing this show. We're hoping to go on Oasis soon so they'll enjoy the Oasis show too.

I'd be curious if anyone is seeing totally different programming from different cable companies. I often get shows twice based on east and west coast feeds, but I would think the different cable companies get the same shows on the same days.

:eek:yeah my dvr also says frredom. first, science channel screwed it up about saying its oasis but turned out to be independence. and now nat geo is also saing oasis, at least on their website, and dvr says freedom............. what the heck man:cool:

For the show "Man Made" our DVR says Queen Mary 2. :confused: After which is "The Worlds Largest Cruise Ship" listed as the Freedom. I've seen this show and unless they changed things, it is about the Freedom. I sure wish they would fix this. :(

Enjoyed it, again. It was shown a while back. Glad to sea it once more. Nothing, again, was shown of the pre-, Make A Wish, ignaugural/maiden voyages. Looks like Discovery Channel has the rights to those. Discovery has shown their Oasis program in Canada. When will we sea it in the states?

R&D

It's a great show. I missed the beginning though.

I think that whatever companies provide the channel guides for some of your particular cable providers may be responsible for the incorrect listings. Fortunately my DVR correctly showed that last week's Science Channel was about Liberty of the Seas,and tonight's National Geographic show was about the planning and construction of the Oasis so there was no confusion in this quarter.:) Having watched both, I felt that tonight's program was far more interesting and it was really amazing to watch the ship take shape.

Archived