Guarantee assignment; when to expect?

terri1020

My dh and I booked CB Princess over a year ago, leaving NYC Oct. 23. We booked a guarantee BF balcony cabin. When might we expect a cabin assignment? Any experience is appreciated. I know they say it could be as late as boarding day but I'm wondering what we do with our luggage tags if we're assigned at the terminal? And, has anyone gotten an upgrade when guaranteeing a BF balcony?

ALthough we've never booked a gvuarantee, this qustion is asked often on these boards. The answer seems to be that cabin assignments happen anywhere between a few days after booking to at embarkation. If you do not have a cabin assigned in advance, I've read that the porters have a list and will mark your luggage tags.

If you don't have a cabin assignment before you leave, you can get luggage tags from the porters. You might want to bring a Sharpie to fill out the luggage tags to make the info more visible.

Good luck - I hope you get a good assignment!!!

My dh and I booked CB Princess over a year ago, leaving NYC Oct. 23. We booked a guarantee BF balcony cabin. When might we expect a cabin assignment? Any experience is appreciated. I know they say it could be as late as boarding day but I'm wondering what we do with our luggage tags if we're assigned at the terminal? And, has anyone gotten an upgrade when guaranteeing a BF balcony?
I have booked quite a few Gty's and the latest I ever recieved my cabin assingment was 4 days B4 sailing. Your luggage tags are available right up to day of sailing. But no problem getting them at the pier, the porters have a list of all cabin assignments.

Yes tags can be had from the porters at the pier.

There really is no time frame for cabin assignment.

We have booked an obstructed view cabin guarantee through our TA. She is now on holidays for a few weeks. Does this mean that, if Princess were to offer us an upgrade, we wouldn't get it as our TA is away and would not respond to Princess? Just wondering....
No problem Princess will not need a response from your TA they will just U/G you if your lucky.

Anytime up to the moment you board. I've had it come through the night before and the morning of boarding. It all depends on how full the ship is and when people start backing out of the cruise.

In the cases above, the ship was oversold and they were contacting people to try and get them to change their plans.

I hope you get the best cabin assignment possible. Whatever you receive, have a great cruise.

We are sailing 9/29 on the Emerald in 3 cabins. Two got the assignment weeks ago and 1 hasn't as of today!!!!Guess you never know.

Donna

Several people on our 33 day Sapphire cruise (9/19) still haven't received assignments. You definitely never know.

We have booked an obstructed view cabin guarantee through our TA. She is now on holidays for a few weeks. Does this mean that, if Princess were to offer us an upgrade, we wouldn't get it as our TA is away and would not respond to Princess? Just wondering....

Since you're in a Guarantee category, you'll just be moved where they want to move you. Princess is supposed to send a fax to the TA and then they are supposed to get in contact with you when you're assigned a cabin. That doesn't happen sometimes though, so it's best to monitor your Cruise Personalizer for up-to-date information. Good luck!

You would still get it as they do not have to ask you for permission or acceptance. You can check the personalizer on the Princess web site to see if you have received an assigned cabin yet. Or you can wait until your TA returns

We received our Cabin assignment today for our Sept.25 cruise on the Grand.

Up grade form BF to BB in a nice section of the ship.

The really nice part is that we are on 3 cruises B2B2B, and we have the same cabin

for all three legs. :D

(We asked for UG and linked the 3 legs)

Yes, we are very pleased:)

On our last cruise on Ocean Princess I too panicked with no cabin .I got it 3 days before I left for New york prior to the cruise I got an UNBELIEVABLE upgrade .YES it DOES happen .I was VERY VERY pleased

I think the longer it takes the better your chances Good Luck

On Crown I had a guaranty balcony and got a Caribe deck It was GREAT

Archived