11 nights, same outfits twice?

BritYank94

We are on Millie for the 11 night so carribean. With our status with Delta we are not lmited on luggage or weight but after packing our dive gear etc we will be limited on space.

Is it OK to wear the same oufit twice for dinners? I've read the cost to have clothes laundered is not too expensive so we thought we would take 5 nights of clothes, have them laundered and then wear them again. Certainly not the same outfit back to back. :D

We are Select Dining so we may not be eating with the same group every night so maybe no one will notice??

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

We are on Millie for the 11 night so carribean. With our status with Delta we are not lmited on luggage or weight but after packing our dive gear etc we will be limited on space.

Is it OK to wear the same oufit twice for dinners? I've read the cost to have clothes laundered is not too expensive so we thought we would take 5 nights of clothes, have them laundered and then wear them again. Certainly not the same outfit back to back. :D

We are Select Dining so we may not be eating with the same group every night so maybe no one will notice??

Absolutely. Don't worry about others. Go and enjoy your Cruise.

We completed a 19 day vacation including a 14 day Med cruise out of Venice in July and absolutely had no problem wearing outfits twice. I did take one sports coat and tie for the three occasions that our group had a bit more formal dinner.

Still, my Wife and I each had one checked suitcase that each barely passed the 50 lbs test, and two carryones that ran about 25 lbs. Any more than that would have been a pain in the---.

I disagree, I act like the fashion police and will point out and laugh at you if I even think you're wearing the same outfit/shoes/tshirt two times. Shameful:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously, nobody is going to care, if they do then feel sorry for them as they have big issues worrying about what other people who they probably will never see again wear.

It's a good question. For far too long the Mrs REFUSED to let the ship do the laundry on her clothes so she ALWAYS overpacked. I FINALLY convinced her to just pack for 1 week and guess what - it worked!!!!

Now if I can only convince her to only take 3 pairs of shoes...:rolleyes:

If you think about it, most people shower before changing for dinner. Then your outfit is on probably 4 hours. Unless you're furiously dancing the night away, I doubt if your dinner outfits will need to be washed in between wearing. If in doubt, bring some Fabreeze to freshen things. We always wear our dinner outfits twice and haven't had any complaints yet!!:D:D:p

As far as daytime outfits, I would imagine you can wear the same shorts or capris twice. Just bring a fresh top for each day - they won't take up a lot of room in the suitcase. I'm always hesitant about using the ship's laundry since there are many pieces of clothing that I typically don't put into the dryer at home.

Mary

One thing I didn't see mentioned is that you may eat some meals in the MDR and some in specialty restaurants....that alleviates some concerns about your tablemates seeing the same clothes....but as others have said just about everyone is recycling their clothing.

Our last cruise was 11 days and we did 5 extra days on the front and back and there was absolutely no way in this world we could pack all those clothes for all those days/excursions/evenings. And dragging around an extra suitcase would have been a nightmare...so we all had one large suitcase and one carry-on and it was great.

I agree with all who said no one else will care (or probably notice) if you repeat clothes...because we all do it. Relax and enjoy it...and my guess is that you'll be like us. The more years, the more cruises, the less we overpack. We'll have it down to a science by the time we're 90! :rolleyes:

Is it OK to wear the same oufit twice for dinners?

I Dont know, wearing the same dive gear at the table twice, think people might notice somehow lol:)

It's a good question. For far too long the Mrs REFUSED to let the ship do the laundry on her clothes so she ALWAYS overpacked. I FINALLY convinced her to just pack for 1 week and guess what - it worked!!!!

Now if I can only convince her to only take 3 pairs of shoes...:rolleyes:

I would quit while the going is good, down to 3 pairs of shoes think you are dreaming there lol:)

I would not do it on a 14-night cruise BUT that is for me, not anyone else. If ou are happy to do it, no problem.

Sue

Go for it lass, I will be wearing my Kilt on more than one occasion so dont worry about it. I know for a fact that there are 3 formal nights and 3 semi formal nights on my trip so my Kilt will be worn 6 times, though the top will be different each time......Got to maintain some decorum lol :)

If you think about it, most people shower before changing for dinner. Then your outfit is on probably 4 hours. Unless you're furiously dancing the night away, I doubt if your dinner outfits will need to be washed in between wearing. If in doubt, bring some Fabreeze to freshen things. We always wear our dinner outfits twice and haven't had any complaints yet!!:D:D:p

As far as daytime outfits, I would imagine you can wear the same shorts or capris twice. Just bring a fresh top for each day - they won't take up a lot of room in the suitcase. I'm always hesitant about using the ship's laundry since there are many pieces of clothing that I typically don't put into the dryer at home.

Mary

Let me add in the air conditioned atmosphere I'm sure you can wear the same top twice without laundering.

Remember that shoes take up a lot of room and are heavy.

And unless you have some exceptionally flamboyant outfit, no one will bother what you are wearing.

For some pax its needs must; when we went to OZ &NZ in 2008, we were away from home for 5 weeks & were only allowed 1case (23kg) on the flights.

So we had to do laundry( Celebrity did an excellent job, returning many ironed items on hangers) but it did cut down on the number of changes we could make for evening wear.We bought light hold-alls on wheels, but DH had to wear his sports jacket to travel in to cut down on weight.

That is why they invented steamer trunks, so you can take all the clothes you need. But since steamer trunks are so yesterday you will have to settle for what fits in the suitcase. Color co-ordinate your outfits, that way you can mix and match.

Fashion advise from a guy, so take it with a grain of salt.

I often wear the same outfit to work twice in 2 weeks. I might switch the accessories, but I see these people 5 days a week all year, and they certainly don't care. Unless you are wearing the most amazingly unique piece of clothing ever, I doubt anyone would notice.

As someone previously said, if anyone has a problem with it, it's their problem.

You will never see the people on your cruise again.

Also, I think you should pack half of your clothes in one suitcase and half in another. Then, leave one of the suitcases home. You will still have too much.

On our cruise last year, there was a mix-up with our bags, and we were stuck wearing the same outfit everyday for 7 days :eek: I bought a shirt from the gift shop just to have a little variety. I think you'll be fine wearing the same outfit twice.

We're cruising the Med this week, and I'm fully intending to wear each outfit I bring twice. I was able to pack everything in a carry-on (to avoid another luggage issue!). I packed a lot of neutral-colored clothing.

my friend and i are doing 11 nites in jan. on millenium, we have learned since we cant take that much luggage anymore that we take 2 pairs of white slacks, 2 pairs of black and 1 or 2 others with tops for a week. i used to say who cares? nobody will ever see us again, but alas, we keep running into many of the same lovely people on the next cruises. so now i say who cares? so you saw me in that. it's clean believe me. the only thing we do do is bring undies for every day. does that sound wierd. well anyway i am a bit strange in a good wauy and thats part of my charm. if we should happen to meet i won't bring up the fact that i saw that top if you won't. shelley

Archived