Checking onboard charges from your stateroom

doubletree07

I have no doubt about that! I'll be on "X" next June so I'll experience the interactive TV for the first time. When I've been in hotels, sometimes the system is good, sometimes it's awful and difficult to use.

Even though the technology is out there, I would guess there are a number of different systems and perhaps Princess is analyzing them in order to implement the best one for their customers. If they're going to do it, better have it right/good when it's done.

I just loved the interactive system on our last years TA on the Equinox. You could even order room service via the tv menu's.

I have no doubt about that! I'll be on "X" next June so I'll experience the interactive TV for the first time. When I've been in hotels, sometimes the system is good, sometimes it's awful and difficult to use.

Even though the technology is out there, I would guess there are a number of different systems and perhaps Princess is analyzing them in order to implement the best one for their customers. If they're going to do it, better have it right/good when it's done.

Pam, I have sailed on a couple of different cruises on other lines that had the interactive TV. Half of the time it didn't work at all. It isn't difficult to use, but the fact it only worked about half the time to me meant it must be almost more trouble then it was worth and they just couldn't seem to keep it working for very long.

We could order room service, shore excursions, pay per view movies, etc. Along with checking our account. But as said, it was pretty useless when they kept having problems keeping it up and running on those ships.

I can see why maybe Princess hasn't implemented it on their ships after my experiences with it in the past.

Frankly, the interactive TV connection is not a bit deal with me. I am of an age where I like to have that piece of paper to sit at the desk with and study. Going to the purser's desk every 3 or 4 days is not a big deal but I do look forward to the day that the print out kiosks are available on more ships.

As they say, "Be careful what you wish for."

On our recent Crown Princess cruise, there were a lot of great movies daily to choose from, either classics, relatively recent, or Oscar-nominated movies. There were also occasional movies in the theater and, of couirse, MUTS. All free.

So true.....:):):)

Bob

Pam, I have sailed on a couple of different cruises on other lines that had the interactive TV. Half of the time it didn't work at all. It isn't difficult to use, but the fact it only worked about half the time to me meant it must be almost more trouble then it was worth and they just couldn't seem to keep it working for very long.

We could order room service, shore excursions, pay per view movies, etc. Along with checking our account. But as said, it was pretty useless when they kept having problems keeping it up and running on those ships.

I can see why maybe Princess hasn't implemented it on their ships after my experiences with it in the past.

Perhaps your experience with the interactive tv was troublesome due to the fact it may have been brand new to the cruise line at the time since you mentioned yourself this was in the past and from what I can tell, you have been cruising Princess exclusively for some time now. As with anything new in technology, even these days, typically glitches are discovered in the beginning and most of the time most issues are resolved quickly. I don’t believe I have ever read complaints about the interactive TV in the cabins on the cruise ships that have it for years that they do not work properly.

]I don't think anyone really said it was a big deal...just simply saying that it sure is convenient to access your account in your own cabin.

[/color]

As for lines at the purser's desk' date=' you can run into lines there and this has been said here plenty of times. When the introduction of the kiosk became available on the Sapphire (I believe) many posted "great news no more dealing with lines at the purser's desk" to the poster who reported that piece of information. So I am pretty sure that if the kiosk will be Princess' system for the fleet, many will be very happy.[/quote']

Thanks...you are correct. I didn't imply it was "a big deal" -:confused: only commented on how I thought it would be a good feature. I also think it's great that Princess has a laundromat on each deck. :)

I know the Emerald has the Kiosk!

I read that the Sapphire has it; wondering if that's true! We took our first cruise in July and I got my account print out twice from passenger services. Once on Tuesday, then again on Friday...we were on the Golden. I hope I can utilize the kiosk on the Sapphire in March.

I read that the Sapphire has it; wondering if that's true! We took our first cruise in July and I got my account print out twice from passenger services. Once on Tuesday, then again on Friday...we were on the Golden. I hope I can utilize the kiosk on the Sapphire in March.
Sapphire does have it....it was posted earlier this year on a few different threads.:)

I just loved the interactive system on our last years TA on the Equinox. You could even order room service via the tv menu's.

And you can pick up a phone and talk to a room service person in probably half the time. Just like it's probably much faster to quickly scan a printout than scroll through pages and pages on a television screen. I don't want crap loaded onto the television because then I'll be expected to figure out how to access it, and I don't want to waste my cruise sitting in my cabin staring at a television screen for any reason (unless it's for Love Boat reruns while eating pillow chocolates before bed!).

Sometimes I think people get so enamoured of technology, they don't realize that it really takes more time than just doing it the "old-fashioned" way.

We were on the Sapphire last October and if there was a kiosk we didn't see it.:confused:

Good idea, Paul, to check the charges frequently like you mentioned. We have found mistakes a few times, but I don't know if I would have caught the error if I had waited till the end of the cruise. Now, we check about every 2-3 days, and we compare it with our receipts. That way, we won't have to worry about challenging the charges on the last day.

Something that happened to several of us in our group several times in different lounges is that the bar staff charged the wrong cabin for a drink, and the person signing the chit didn't double-check the name and charge on the top. It wasn't a big deal but this was the first time I've had this happen so often. I'd say it happened about five times during our cruise. It's a good thing I got a printout of my onboard charges every few days and checked each line item.

I know with RCCL you can access your onboard bill from your stateroom TV. Wondering if Princess offers this feature?

As a rule, we check as soon as get on board to verify any onboard credit promised. We have been told once the ship leaves port OBC cannot be added. Don’t know if this is true since we have never had a problem.

On the Second or third day I check again just to make sure nobody else’s charges are going to the cabin. Have never had to wait more than three minutes.

On the last day, it’s a zoo at the purser’s desk so we head off any problems ahead of time.

Don't understand how you can check your onboard account as on our July cruise on Golden we were never issued with receipts for any drinks purchased at the bar. Luckily it was only a 7 day cruise and, as we are not big drinkers, we could sort of remember what we had but it would be very difficult on a longer cruise. Why have they discontinued giving out receipts?

Don't understand how you can check your onboard account as on our July cruise on Golden we were never issued with receipts for any drinks purchased at the bar. Luckily it was only a 7 day cruise and, as we are not big drinkers, we could sort of remember what we had but it would be very difficult on a longer cruise. Why have they discontinued giving out receipts?

Archived