First day attire

ramrax4

Just double checking re:attire for first day.

I know this has been answered many times but my computer is very slow and it makes for agonizing searches so I do apologize to anyone that might get annoyed by this post.

We board the Sea on the 29th and would like to eat in the MDR vs buffet. I plan to wear a new pair of jeans with a nice blouse and DH will wear a pair of black pants with short sleeve button up shirt. Princess site states no jeans in the MDR for dinner but doesn't specify lunch. So I'm assuming it's ok especially the first day as long as they are new and not torn or frayed.

I hope this :confused: doesn't lead to a long worn out debate re: Princess dress code which I plan to follow and have no issue with, just not sure about lunch on embarkation day.

Thanks in advance for any help:)

Embarkation day is usually more relaxed than others due to the fact that some passengers don't receive their luggage before dining, especially if they dine early. You should be fine with your jeans in the dining room on the first evening and DH is perfectly fine as well. Shorts, t-shirts and jeans are allowed in the dining room during breakfast and lunch as well, every day.

While we have not eaten lunch in the MDR the first day, we have eaten lunch a number of times in the MDR while on the cruise and we have always been in shorts and never had a problem. Bathing suits are not appropriate, but no need to wear "smart casual" for lunch.

Just double checking re:attire for first day.

I know this has been answered many times but my computer is very slow and it makes for agonizing searches so I do apologize to anyone that might get annoyed by this post.

We board the Sea on the 29th and would like to eat in the MDR vs buffet. I plan to wear a new pair of jeans with a nice blouse and DH will wear a pair of black pants with short sleeve button up shirt. Princess site states no jeans in the MDR for dinner but doesn't specify lunch. So I'm assuming it's ok especially the first day as long as they are new and not torn or frayed.

I hope this :confused: doesn't lead to a long worn out debate re: Princess dress code which I plan to follow and have no issue with, just not sure about lunch on embarkation day.

Thanks in advance for any help:)

Yes you can wear pants etc, shorts are also allowed during breakfast/lunch in the DR.

It has been my experience that one of things which is never allowed in the Dining Room (Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner) is tank tops for men. I've cruised with someone who tried to get into the MDR for lunch on the first day with a tank top, but was turned away and asked to go back to his room to change. No big deal, he just didn't know. I didn't know either since I never wear them.

It has been my experience that one of things which is never allowed in the Dining Room (Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner) is tank tops for men. I've cruised with someone who tried to get into the MDR for lunch on the first day with a tank top, but was turned away and asked to go back to his room to change. No big deal, he just didn't know. I didn't know either since I never wear them.

Its amazing isn't it?

There are always tons of women wearing tank tops. :(

Apparently women don't sweat.

Its amazing isn't it?

There are always tons of women wearing tank tops. :(

Apparently women don't sweat.

Yup. Amazing, isn't it? They look good in them, too. On the other hand, women usually don't have hairy arms and chests which might have something to do with it. :)

Archived