Lack of Stockholder Benefit

J&KCruiser

By the way on our last cruise there was a Stockholders reception with free drinks. Not a biggie but beats out most coupons especially a $1 off a bottle of catsup.

I didn't know they do that. How did identify the shareholders and handle the invitations/guest lists?

I bought my first hundred shares when it was $45. That was after my first X cruise. I have gotten that stock paid for in OBCs. I bought a few hundred more when it was way under $10. May keep it for a while and sell when it hits $40. Or I may just hold on to it. An extra $250 on a cruise comes in handy!:)

We had a stockholders breakfast on our last cruise. Pancakes and the non existing Canadian bacon one morning. We got a invitation in our cabin with the meal listed on it, it was held on a sea day. It was a nice touch although when the the food and beverage manger was asked what happen to the bacon and other items missing from the menu he said the chef forget to make it.

On Princess, you get your future cruise credit OBC and your stockholder OBC both. Discounts don't affect that either.

I am going on my first Celebrity cruise and I got a discount in the price. I haven't sent in for the shareholders OBC yet. Now I'm thinking I probably won't get it. I guess I better try for it and see what happens.

We bought ours at almost $40 a share, and after using it on just one or two cruises, they began their "noncombinable" rule. There has seldom been a cruise since where I could not get a benefit equal to the stockholder benefit. We are getting rid of the stock if it ever reaches the price we paid. Though we are going on a Celebrity cruise in a few weeks, the ability to get stockholder benefit and FCC booking credit is one of the main reasons we stick to Princess for almost all of our cruises.

We bought ours at almost $40 a share, and after using it on just one or two cruises, they began their "noncombinable" rule. There has seldom been a cruise since where I could not get a benefit equal to the stockholder benefit. We are getting rid of the stock if it ever reaches the price we paid. Though we are going on a Celebrity cruise in a few weeks, the ability to get stockholder benefit and FCC booking credit is one of the main reasons we stick to Princess for almost all of our cruises.

I own both CCL and RCCL and never have gotten rejected from CCL for Carnival and Princess cruises I've taken even with future booking obcs and heavy discounts. RCCL rejected my last 2 requests on RCCL because I received a residency rate but surprisingly they allowed my 11 night Celebrity cruise which was bought at a group discount rate through an internet agency which was substantailly lower than the cruise line's rate. That's a $200. obc so I was thrilled and surprised they granted it to me.

I don't know what to do about holding on to the stock but it's worth more than what I paid for it so don't see the point of dumping since it's one of the highest earning stocks I own at this point and I made enough off that stock to make up for the $150. obc's they refused so far or what the bank would have paid me on the same investment. Just have to keep watching the stock. At this point, my last 2 RCCL cruises were not so wonderful as to entice me into booking more. I'll see how my Celebrity cruise goes.

I bought when it was more than it is today. I'll hold it a little while longer but when it hits what I paid for it, I'm out of there. No benefits for me hanging on to the stock.

I guess if you book all your cruises while on a cruise and get a nice OBC, then you certainly won't need the Stockholder OBC. We've booked our last few cruises directly on line with Celebrity, then transfer to a TA. We get the Stockholder OBC plus the TA OBC. It works for us.

I agree, there is not benefit to hold onto their stock anymore. We will be selling when the price is rights.

Rollie

Really?? How about a gain of 168.17% in a little under two years! One doesn't buy a stock for the OBC!

In our case it is bitter since the OBC for onboard booing doesn't apply to most foreign bookings so the ONLY discount we can get is the one it is no longer combinable with the stockholder - namley the balcony discount......

Now that we don't get any dividends we can only get our OBC if we travel in less expensive cabins which if you take a closer look is actually COSTING RCCL more than bottom line than if they granted us the OBC as a combination for the higher end cabins.

Therefore overall not a clever business model although I can understand why they were redusing the number of combinations - some people were leaving the ship getting paid several hundreds...... The question is how many are not buy the better cabins at the higher prices and just how much is this practise costing them.

Archived