Canadian thanksgiving

Travelrd

We are pretty low key about Thanksgiving. It is not as big a deal as USA Thanksgiving but we usually do get the family all together and have a big meal and count our blessings....of which my family has many.

Laurel

We were in Halifax for your Thanksgiving & walking around town found only the Maritime Museum & a deli open. We still had a good time "walking in the rain" to explore Halifax & look forward to visiting again next October...and no port calls on T-Day.

We enjoyed Thanksgiving today with family.......ate too much.....drank enough wine......and looking forward to next year when we will be on the Island Princess for Thanksgiving.Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I would like to know how Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving ~ what foods are

served? Is it a national holiday in Canada? Have a great day. Karen

Similar foods as American Thanksgiving. --- Turkey, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, etc. It is a National holiday officially tomorrow however many people celebrate on Saturday or Sunday. Personally my goal is to get invited to a different dinner each of the three days!

I would like to know how Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving ~ what foods are

served? Is it a national holiday in Canada? Have a great day. Karen

It is a national holiday and we celebrate it with turkey, dressing, potatoes, vegetables and pumpkin pie for dessert.

Darlene

Thanks for the well wishes! 'twas a warm one today here in SW ON!

Had wine, homemade jalapeño poppers, turkey, stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, Hubbard squash, broccoli, gravy, homemade bread, and pumpkin pie and whipped cream - along with some ice wine! MMM...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We harvested the last of the carrots and the beets from our garden today, and enjoyed an excellent turkey dinner with family and friends. We have so much to be thankful for - and so many wonderful times to look forward to :)

Similar foods as American Thanksgiving. --- Turkey, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, etc. It is a National holiday officially tomorrow however many people celebrate on Saturday or Sunday. Personally my goal is to get invited to a different dinner each of the three days!

It's good to have goals . . .

Happy Thanksgiving to the nice neighbours "upstairs"!

Thanks for the good tidings! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays all year. I ate way too much and am bathing in the glow of a fabulous homemade pumpkin pie. How though am I ever going to lose the weight prior to my Dec 8 Emerald cruise!!

I'm heading to the Dominican on Friday!! I don't think any of my clothes are going to fit after all the food I've ate this weekend :eek:

Thank you for the wishes - and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else. The turkey is in the oven, and since I'm the only one in the family who likes sweet potatoes, I save them for later in the week and do them as fries. Today is squash, green beans and garlic mashed potatoes....and of course...the Ocean Spray JELLIED cranberry sauce - I'm not allowed to serve the homemade "chunky" variety. Apparently, it is still to have the shape of the can it came out of when served on the plate. Sigh.

Archived