When upgraded, what credit do you get?

On our Oasis cruise in May we booked a balcony but were upgraded to a JS. We didn't know this until we checked in at the pier, and we only received the 1 credit. Should I call C&A and ask for the additional credit?

I would because the credit is given after you completed the cruise. And since you started and ended in a Jr. Suite it will be 2 cruise credits. If you have any documentation lke your sign and sail statement showing what cabin you sailed in, make a copy of that as proof.

RCI please upgrade me to a JS, and if you do you don't have to give me the extra cruise credit.:rolleyes:

I never asked for the upgrade and certainly didn't expect one (or an extra credit). BUT, if some people are getting an extra credit for it, why shouldn't I? That's all!

I never asked for the upgrade and certainly didn't expect one (or an extra credit). BUT, if some people are getting an extra credit for it, why shouldn't I? That's all!

I would call C&A and asked them and then let us know what they say.

Seems that you never can get the same answer twice, or three times, or four times..............you get what I mean.:D

I would call C&A and asked them and then let us know what they say.

Seems that you never can get the same answer twice, or three times, or four times..............you get what I mean.:D

I would just continue to call until you get the answer you want to hear.:D

Jimbo:)

If you get upgraded before you board the ship, you will get the credits for the cabin you occupy, this is from personal experience.

This is what happened to us. We got the appropriate credit for the cabin we occupied, not what we booked.

One could assume that the same would hold true for an upgrade once on board as the cruise credits are not processed till after the completion of the cruise per my understanding.

Reporting back on my quest for an additional credit to be added to our accounts for our upgrade to a JS....

On the first try, it was a success! I even used the online live support feature (so my nosey co-workers wouldn't hear), and had no problems whatsoever!

Thank you to the OP for posting this thread, as I probably never would have asked for the credit. Also thanks to everyone else that replied stating that they did receive the additional credit for their upgrade.

Reporting back on my quest for an additional credit to be added to our accounts for our upgrade to a JS....

On the first try, it was a success! I even used the online live support feature (so my nosey co-workers wouldn't hear), and had no problems whatsoever!

Thank you to the OP for posting this thread, as I probably never would have asked for the credit. Also thanks to everyone else that replied stating that they did receive the additional credit for their upgrade.

Congratulations..........success on your first try!!:D

That's what I like to hear:) Congrats!

Archived