LIVE from the Sapphire Princess - Sydney to Los Angeles

Pia1913

Oh my goodness, so much to say and so little time. Just a blurb about last night’s entertainment. Believe it or not we did shows. That’s plural, not singular. We saw the impressionist Paul Boland at 7:00 and Steve Moris at 8:15. Dinner was after 9:00. Paul was OK. Bad start, but good finish. Steve as always was wonderful. Don’t ever miss a Steve Moris show.

Now then, good morning from a ship that stopped rocking. Capt. Nash said we’d be OK as of Wednesday afternoon and he kept his promise. My digestive tract seems to be improving, though all I ate yesterday was soup, dry bread and baked potato. And tea. Today I will try something more exciting, starting with the Starbucks I am now drinking. And, BTW, the weather has changed considerably. It’s overcast and cool.

On board schedule starts with a culinary demo at 10:00, followed by a tour of the galley. I can’t believe how many people want to see someone else’s kitchen. The good old “up to 75% off” sale is also starting at 10:00 and at 11:15 a video presentation on the SS United States - from dream to reality.

The afternoon starts with “Earthquake Seminar”, followed by Mr. Bowers’ presentation on “Cameron Diaz”: Who would want to extort money from her? The afternoon movie being shown at 3:00 is “Flipped”.

The evening begins with the Captain’s Farewell Cocktail Party”; it’s formal night again. Numero #5 (or for some of us #10). The theater has “Motor City” and in Explorer’s is another Steve Moris show. The Marriage Game is at 9:30 and Pop Star Finals at 10:30.

A great big thank you to all of you following my chitter chatter. Sometimes it's really hard to keep the fingers moving while trying to type out something interesting. Without you guys there would be no LIVE! :D

Thank you so much for all your information. I have taken notes regarding things to see and do when we embark on our South Pacific Odyssey onboard the Sapphire Princess in October 2011. I really appreciate the benefit of your experience. Will be looking forward to your next "live".

quote=FritzG;26907459]Pia, I'm sorry to see your cruise--and your daily reports--ending.

I could be persuaded to continue. Want to pay for the next cruise?

Well, on second thought, patience is a virtue. I'll wait patiently until your next cruise reports!

Internet has become very slow. The whole ship must be on all at once. I am freezing. We are back to step one. :D

Yep... I'm online in my cabin and it's very slow.

We are debating on whether or not to do another formal night. We had a lovely late lunch with friends and DH just stretched out on the couch. Hmmmmm... to "rally" or not.... :D:eek:?? I'll see how we feel in an hour or so......

It’s Friday, it’s the last day on board and I’m cold. My L.A. son says to expect 60’s and rain over the weekend. I guess California wants us to feel like we’re back in New Zealand. Meanwhile, though the skies are cloudy, the seas remain calm. We’re just about totally packed except for our carryon wheelies which we won’t do until tomorrow morning.

Busy schedule again today, starting with the results of our progressive Kwik Quiz at 9:30. We don’t want to be in the top 5 again, since we definitely don’t want champagne. We gave away the other two bottles from the last cruise. Anyhow, this one was much tougher, so I believe we scored low. At 10:15 there’s a video presentation in the theater on the golden age of transatlantic ocean liner travel and at 11:45 the final lecture by the forensics guy; “Patty Hearst and the SLA” Were they Robin Hoods or Terrorists?

From 12:30 to 2:00 there’s a pastry extravaganza buffet in the Atrium on deck 5. As if they (the passengers) haven’t had enough pastries during the entire cruise! :eek:

1:00 PM brings us the Passenger talent show and also at 1:00 there’s the 5K On Deck for the Cure. The afternoon movie is Salt with Angelina Jolie and it will also be shown again a 10 PM.

In the theater tonight is the farewell show starring Steve Moris and in Explorer’s is the movie Knight and Day with Tom Cruise and

Cameron Diaz.

Breakfast awaits. Will check in again before we disembark.

We always enjoy your travels. So much good information from them. Our only problem is that it increases our desire to travel. Thanks again, and we will be looking forward to traveling with you again. See, you are booked for South America. You will love it. We have spent the last 5 summers(Dec/Mar) in there. Enjoy!

Pia,

We will be there tomorrow to embrace the Sapphire and you returning to LA. Do wonder how things are going to go on Saturday, but thanks for the live updates. We will sail her down to Mexico. She and Diamond are two of our favorite ships.

It’s Friday, it’s the last day on board and I’m cold. My L.A. son says to expect 60’s and rain over the weekend.

Have enjoyed following all of your cruise days. Thanks for the postings.

Have a safe trip home.

Please be aware that since you started your journey there has been a new procedure in TSA security at the airport. If for any reason you need a pat down, it will be much more agressive than in the past.

Have enjoyed following all of your cruise days. Thanks for the postings.

Have a safe trip home.

Please be aware that since you started your journey there has been a new procedure in TSA security at the airport. If for any reason you need a pat down, it will be much more agressive than in the past.

When they're done don't forget to ask for a kiss it's the least they can do for you. :D

Archived