Heads up on next cruise booking snafu

Hi all. Just got a super nice phone call from an RCI vacation planner. :D It started out real friend and ended that way too. So glad she called because she revealed a snafu on my next-cruise open booking. :mad:

She asked me why I canceled my Focus of the Sea booking on 10/15/2010. I told I didn’t make one and I didn't cancel one. I told her I never said the word Focus while on board. She seemed very confused. She wanted to help me. So, we were both confused real fast. :o

I was on the Jewel of the Seas on that day and did to go the C&A lounge and made the above booking. It was super, super busy on that day as that sailing was very port intensive, so many happy cruisers were there doing future bookings. The rep I had was very professional and nice to me. I filled out the form with credit card info as directed. She took my form and said she would “take care of this latter bc she had a stack of other cruises to book, and next-cruise open booking was easy.” I was told I would receive my booking documents in my cabin. I did receive the form/doc as promised. Glad I got her name. I went back later in the day to get my booking number. Glad I did that too. Onboard rep assured me there was no problem with my card and the transaction was a done deal. She did give me my booking number, and I'm so glad I wrote it down.

Now today, I get this call saying the credit card wasn’t processed. Instead I had been book on Focus and that was cancelled. As of this moment, I don’t have any open booking, but friendly phone rep said she would look into this and get back with me. She apologized, and we both agreed that this was a problem, but on the brighter side, she could get it resolved for me. She said she would get back with me either today or next Tuesday. Okay by me.

Good thing she called, as I am still in the post-cruise blues and getting readjusted into life without animal towels and good meals. I would have just filed this doc away to tend to more pressing matters.

So, I’ll keep ya inform for those who are interested.

Just a heads up to double check your next-cruise open bookings against your credit cards as soon as you get back to make sure all is well. Also keep good records of agents and booking numbers before walking away.

Hope this helps someone. It sure helps to breath deeply and roll with the punches. Glad I have this board too. Have a nice weekend. :D

Hi all. Just got a super nice phone call from an RCI vacation planner. :D It started out real friend and ended that way too. So glad she called because she revealed a snafu on my next-cruise open booking. :mad:

She asked me why I canceled my Focus of the Sea booking on 10/15/2010. I told I didn’t make one and I didn't cancel one. I told her I never said the word Focus while on board. She seemed very confused. She wanted to help me. So' date=' we were both confused real fast. :o[/font']

I was on the Jewel of the Seas on that day and did to go the C&A lounge and made the above booking. It was super, super busy on that day as that sailing was very port intensive, so many happy cruisers were there doing future bookings. The rep I had was very professional and nice to me. I filled out the form with credit card info as directed. She took my form and said she would “take care of this latter bc she had a stack of other cruises to book, and next-cruise open booking was easy.” I was told I would receive my booking documents in my cabin. I did receive the form/doc as promised. Glad I got her name. I went back later in the day to get my booking number. Glad I did that too. Onboard rep assured me there was no problem with my card and the transaction was a done deal. She did give me my booking number, and I'm so glad I wrote it down.

Now today, I get this call saying the credit card wasn’t processed. Instead I had been book on Focus and that was cancelled. As of this moment, I don’t have any open booking, but friendly phone rep said she would look into this and get back with me. She apologized, and we both agreed that this was a problem, but on the brighter side, she could get it resolved for me. She said she would get back with me either today or next Tuesday. Okay by me.

Good thing she called, as I am still in the post-cruise blues and getting readjusted into life without animal towels and good meals. I would have just filed this doc away to tend to more pressing matters.

Just a heads up to double check your next-cruise open bookings against your credit cards as soon as you get back to make sure all is well. Also keep good records of agents and booking numbers before walking away.

Hope this helps someone. It sure helps to breath deeply and roll with the punches. Glad I have this board too. Have a nice weekend. :D

One ? What is Focus?

On the positive side of next cruise. I filled out a form on the last day of the cruise. Handed to the C&A person rather than drop it in the box. I asked about confirmation. They said I would get email. Well, I was just about to get worried, when on day 3 of being home, my booking number came as well as a charge for only $100.00, as I had a TBA for the second person. So, sometimes things do work out. But it was a zoo on the Radiance up at the C&A most days.

Focus of the seas???

Are you sure that was not some credit card phone scam looking for you to give them

your credit card number to "re-book"?

Dag. That was my thought, too.

mediator, do the sounds of the word F-O-C-U-S sound anything like the name of the ship that you DID book?

Focus of the seas???

Are you sure that was not some credit card phone scam looking for you to give them

your credit card number to "re-book"?

Thanks for your concern. I took thought of that. I didn't give the phone rep my entire number. She didn't ask. I do call caller ID and ran that # on google. It is a Miami, FL based land line related to RCI.

I also googled her contact number and it is, too, Miami, FL, RCI related.

Phone Rep said with this being the weekend, the Finance Dept wasn't working, but she would see what she could do. I hope to do my next cruise as a repo from FTL to PTY in 2012. That is a lot of time to get this right. LOL.

Thanks all for the support and concern. I'm feel this is happening for a reason and will work out.

She asked me why I canceled my Focus of the Sea booking on 10/15/2010. I told I didn’t make one and I didn't cancel one. I told her I never said the word Focus while on board. She seemed very confused. She wanted to help me. So' date=' we were both confused real fast. :o[/font']

Didn't you not get a confirmation letter while on the cruise regarding your NC booking with all the information and booking number on it?:eek:

We purchased 2 on our Jewel TA and they did not have any Certificates for Family & Friends...........but it is noted on my Confirmation letter that I am entitled to 2 for each booking.

"Focus" is the name of the photo gallery on the Oasis. Is it the same on the Jewel? Any chance you had viewed photos on that day but didn't complete the transaction?

Ahhww. A light beginning to shine. I did buy the welcom aboard, very nice photo while on board. It could have been on that day. Maybe the friendly rep had small print to look at. So glad you posted.

It was a madhouse in the C&A on the 10/15/2010 as another had mentioned. Must be an honest mistake that hopefully can be corrected so that I can capture the OBC when I do book. That came in handy for Portifino/Chops good eats. :D

Ahhww. A light beginning to shine. I did buy the welcom aboard' date=' very nice photo while on board. It could have been on that day. Maybe the friendly rep had small print to look at. So glad you posted.

It was a madhouse in the C&A on the 10/15/2010 as another had mentioned. Must be an honest mistake that hopefully can be corrected so that I can capture the OBC when I do book. That came in handy for Portifino/Chops good eats. :D[/quote']

And here I thought that Maybe FORD was gonna stop building cars and build a ship instead called FOCUS.:D

Certificates for Family & Friends

Can you tell me what these are? Thanks

When you purchase a Next Cruise certificate (which they are calling something else now, officially, but we don't care :D), if there are people who would like to join you on whatever sailing you ultimately book, they can get the same benefits that you do, if they book within 30 days of your actual booking (not the purchase date of the certificte, but the date that you choose and book an actual cruise) on that same cruise. They need those Friends 'n' Family certificates to get the deal.

Certificates for Family & Friends

Can you tell me what these are? Thanks

Here's a link: Hope it works. If not, then copy/paste into your browser.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=4230&faqSubjectId=340&faqType=faq

basically, once you pay for a next-cruise open booking at $100pp, you get a booking number and OBC for next cruise, amount according to length of cruise. The Next Cruise Friends & Family Certficates are given to you when you do this. You must be Crown & Anchor members. Anyway, give the certif to F&F, then have 30 days to book the same sailing as you and they get the OBC too??? Sounds wonderful, right???

But on my past two RCI cruises, seem the C&A rep ran out. I was verbally promised these certf would come in the mail, but never did arrive. This time on the Jewel 10/09/2010, I insisted they be handed to me and I prevailed. I have read from others, if you don't get the certf from that rep, you ain't gonna get 'um. Don't know how true that is or not.

For a seven-day cruise, that turns out to be $100 OBC, great for photos, Portifino, Chops and/or bar or even excursions if booked while on board.

You'll have to google RCI NC F&F Cert (spelled out) to find out more details.

Geaux Tigers.

Gosh. Second time posting this. First one didn't work.

Just got off the phone with a C&A Soc rep who was able to happily resolve this problem. Seems there was a hang up with my credit card transaction even though that C&A rep on board, TD, assured me all was good.

The friendly Vac Planner gave me Customer Service, who then transfered me to C&A. All involved were friendly, nice and professional.

It was swamped on that Jewel C&A Soc desk, so check your credit cards to see if your booking is complete. :eek:

Now, if only LSU could have a happy ending right now. Ugh. :rolleyes:

We always check when we get home now. We've had them screw up the onboard booking the last 5 times. We get the confirmation number and have the letter. Get home, find a cruise we want go to transfer the next cruise booking to a real booking. Oh that booking number was canceled due to non payment of deposit. Or get home after booking an actual cruise, try to put it in the pending reservations on the website. No such number. Calls quickly clear it up, but it is a bit worrisome.

Dag. That was my thought, too.

mediator, do the sounds of the word F-O-C-U-S sound anything like the name of the ship that you DID book?

No, I didn't even comment on FOCUS because I knew that it did not exist, figured maybe you were mistaken about the name. I actually have an open booking, no ship named.

Archived