Help Me Decide Please!

heidik

ok, this is only my 2nd cruise ever, I am traveling solo and want total R&R and as much quiet as possible - I'm doing a b2b on the Westerdam leaving 11/19. I have just received my SZ gty upgrade to SS 8051. I have now just received an upsell offer to a Deluxe suite for a total of $800 (single person, 14 days) -- I plan on spending alot of time in my cabin and on my balcony - I'm not a partier and again, am really looking for major peace and quiet......and pampering...........I'm concerned about the Lido being above the SS 8051 location. Should I go for the upsell to the Deluxe? Are the suite perks worth it if I do not drink alcohol and do not wish to socialize much at all? Thank you for your valuable input here

Deluxe Suite amenities have nothing to do with alcohol and you could skip any parties you might be invited to if you wish. If you can afford the upsell price and only you know that, I would say YES. The Neptune Lounge itself will add to your relaxed enjoyment for sure and to me is worth the price. It is not a cocktail lounge and there is no alcohol, btw, but a place for snacks/sandwiches/sweets all day and concierge service for any need or problem you might have. Plus the gorgeous cabin and huge balcony to relax on. There's a large table on the balcony and you can get great room service meals if you wish and eat out there in luxury. Any appts or reservations you might want will be handled by the concierge with no problem. Truly- you are completely pampered in a Deluxe Suite in every way imaginable. It sounds like just what you are needing, so I say go for it. You only go around once in life and a DLX Suite will make your cruise first class.

To break it down, you would basically be paying a little more than 50.00 a day upgrade fee, to get a whole lot of amenities that will add to your pampering desire....along with 75% more space in the cabin you say you will be spending a lot of time in.

If you can afford it, I would say go for it!

I say do it also. You can have enough food from the Neptune Lounge and room service that you would never have to go to the dining room if you didn't want to. And as peaches said, no alcohol in Neptune except for the Welcome party. And there is a great espresso machine.

Being under the Lido Cafe isn't a problem in my experience. We've never heard any noise from there. I wouldn't want to be under the Lido pool area though.

Other than the Suite Cocktail Party, there isn't "free" alcohol as a suite 'perk', so that isn't a factor in the upsell cost.

I've booked both SS and S cabins - and been quite happy in both types. I'm sorry I can't say if the extra $800 would be worth it for you or not. You'll have laundry/dry cleaning included, extra space, an actual concierge (rather than the phone concierge), priority embarkation/tenders. Is that worth $800 to you?

No one has yet mentioned the 14 days of FREE laundry, dry cleaning, and pressing you get with the DLX Suite.:D You can send a bag every day so you might be able to pack less too. JMO

This and all the other things mentioned (cabin and balcony size, Neptune Lounge services, ... etc) are worth another $50 a day IMHO. If you can afford it, GO for it. You WILL feel completely spoiled! Do go to the HAL site and review all the upgraded inclusions and have a great two weeks.:)

I went for it and WOWEE - I got SA 7054 for both legs of the b2b! I can't believe this good luck as my original purchase price was a 1-week sale for the SZ guaranty! The savings are incredible!!!! I'm lovin' HAL more and more every moment.....:D

I am SO happy for you. I was afraid you might wait too long and the opportunity for this upsell would be gone. Not only are you in an S, but an SA in the absolute best location, IMO. We've been right there port side by the Neptune and it is our #1 choice! You must have been an awfully good girl this year to be so lucky!

And we want to know every glorious detail when you return!

I went for it and WOWEE - I got SA 7054 for both legs of the b2b! I can't believe this good luck as my original purchase price was a 1-week sale for the SZ guaranty! The savings are incredible!!!! I'm lovin' HAL more and more every moment.....:D

YES WOW! We're so jealous.:)

Not only a great decision (IMHO) but about 50 feet from the Neptune Lounge. A location to die for.:D:D You will love it! Enjoy the 14 days of pampering. You'll be spoiled for life.:D:D

Congratulations!!

I was worried that I was missing good deals by not having a TA and doing everything directly with HAL.....when I called to accept the upsell, the very nice HAL person at first said the new cabin at that price was only available my first leg and that I would need to move all my stuff back to the SS 8051 cabin for the 2nd leg. I persisted (in other words, begged) and ask that she please please please check with someone to see if I could buy the upsell for the 2nd leg as well. I was on hold for about 15 minutes and then she came back on and said although they are not sure yet if there will be an upsell offer for the 2nd leg, HA would allow me to use this upsell offer for both legs!!!! I almost cried I was so happy.

Lesson learned: persistence and assertiveness pays off!

Didn't they originally offer you the upsell for $800 for two weeks? Or was it $400 a week and you assumed it would be $800 for two weeks? This is a really good price for a solo. You definitely will not regret your decision. The cabin is so comfortable and the Neptune Lounge will add to your enjoyment.

Lesson learned: persistence and assertiveness pays off!

And politeness, it sounds like. You didn't berate the phone rep or make demands, you just asked (firmly) to see if an arrangement could be made that would serve both you and HAL well. And I'm incredibly pleased to hear that they made it work out!

Thanks. I spoke to her from the heart and I think that is what came through - and my gratitude if she could help me make this happen..... I think she "read" the excitement and hopefullness in my voice :) I was so excited I was stuttering! At the end of the call she said, "have a wonderful cruise" and I (stuttering and ready to explode from excitement) said "Oh You Too!!!" and then we both started cracking up and I said "I mean, have a great life!" hee hee. I'm still walking on air I'm so happy.

GRATZ on a great upsell!!! You will love it!! ;)

We too were offered an great upsell from SY to SA and jumped on it fast. The included laundry alone was worth it for me since the kid is cruising with us and with three of us and luggage restrictions by the airlines goodness knows the fewer clothes I have to pack the better :D:p

Archived