Does Oasis Really Stink?

Bakincakes

I was reading a blog, this morning, that is done by a man who does alot of world cruising. He takes gorgeous photos, BTW. His ship was docked next to Oasis in ST. Thomas and he said the sewage smell coming from Oasis was horrible.:eek:

http://amazingvoyages.blogspot.com/

The person who wrote that blog wasn't a passenger and hasn't ever even sailed on Oasis....he even posts "I wouldn’t go on that ship even if it were free":rolleyes:

The person who wrote that blog wasn't a passenger and hasn't ever even sailed on Oasis....he even posts "I wouldn’t go on that ship even if it were free":rolleyes:

True.

His ship was docked next to the Oasis.

I'm betting the cab driver in St Thomas probably hasn't sailed Oasis either.;)

We were on Oasis oct 23 and got off the ship at the end of the cruise at 6:15am by taking our own luggage with us. We went outside to wait for a bus to take us to the rental car place. Yes it stunk outside....not sure why or where it was coming from but the port stunk. We stood waiting for 25 minutes and the whole time we could smell sewage.:mad:

Look at the decking on the top picture in his blog. From the looks of how that ship is kept up I am not sure I would sail that one even if it was free.

I was reading a blog, this morning, that is done by a man who does alot of world cruising. He takes gorgeous photos, BTW. His ship was docked next to Oasis in ST. Thomas and he said the sewage smell coming from Oasis was horrible.:eek:

I surely don't believe everything I read, and I would take this statement with a grain of salt. Perhaps there was a garbage truck or dumpster sitting up wind from where he was standing and that's what he smelled.;)

No ship should be dumping sewage in port or anywhere else.

This is true. The Oasis Class has the best water treatment system onboard of any ships in the world. I still can't believe people are saying there are lines everywhere. Only believe it from those who have sailed on it and it seems the reviews speak for themselves.

Look at the decking on the top picture in his blog. From the looks of how that ship is kept up I am not sure I would sail that one even if it was free.

Its kept up quite well, actually. The teak decking looks that way because part of it was wet.

That was my point. I said that I would not sail on THAT ship even if it was free.

He was on the HAL Mothballdam. :) I have cruised HAL and believe me they are not what some want you to believe. If going to bed at 9:00 is your thing then HAL is for you. The food in the lido was the best ever but the dining room food was only slightly above that of RCI or Carnival. Once was enough for me until I reach the age of 75.;)

That does not surprise me one bit. After all, Oasis has been known to fart on occasion. :D

I also sailed HAL and cruisingator2 is correct about the food. The only additional comment is that the food in the main dining room was well below the quality of RCI as well as the service (Cold Tasteless Food in MDR). We went because of the price, but I would never sell with them again.

That individual is a moron simply put> Sorry to be so blunt

We were on the October 30th cruise...and yes there was a stink.....REALLY BAD....smelled like you were talking to someone that had not brushed their teeth or mouth in over a month. I ask when I got off the Airport bus at 11:00 am and eveyone working on the dock said they never smelled it before. So I to thought it was only in the port......but it followed us throughout the cruise. Not as bad, but you could smell it while on the ship while sailing and got worse when we were in the 3 ports....Believe me ....it was BAD!!!!! :eek: Love to know what was causing it but it was from the OASIS...no doubt. I even was sitting watching the aqua show one afternoon with a light color yellow t-shirt on and by the time the show was over...I had quite a bit of soot on me....I got it off but could see my t-shirt getting spotty. If anybody had the same thing happen or could smell that horrendous smell...speak up ot Smell up!!:mad:

Mike

We have our gas mask and Glade air freshners all packed for our 11/27 Oasis cruise. The only thing that "stinks" is not cruising!!!!

I think that I can hear the waves and smell the fresh sea air........and I am 1200 miles from the port!!!! Not as good as Sarah being able to see Russia from her house though!!!

I'm kinda surprised at that. Isn't the Maasdam a Holland America ship?

Archived