I Accepted the upgrade offer!

lindy sails

I'm booked on the Noordam

holiday cruise in an inside cabin on the Main deck. Today I was offered a VA deluxe verandah aft cabin on the Rotterdam deck for an addtional $298. I just couldn't say no to the offer! My total price is under $1500 for a solo travelor. I think I did well!

holiday cruise in an inside cabin on the Main deck. Today I was offered a VA deluxe verandah aft cabin on the Rotterdam deck for an addtional $298. I just couldn't say no to the offer! My total price is under $1500 for a solo travelor. I think I did well!

WTG!! I think it is a great up sell price, and once you have cruised in it you will understand why so many of us, this week at least, are refusing upgrades and upsells to what others think are more preferential staterooms:)

Joanie

WTG!! I think it is a great up sell price, and once you have cruised in it you will understand why so many of us, this week at least, are refusing upgrades and upsells to what others think are more preferential staterooms:)

Joanie

Many of us? Really?? I think it was more like many of us were questioning a certain person's sanity:rolleyes:

To the OP - that's a great upsell, you will sooo enjoy it.

I'm booked on the Noordam holiday cruise in an inside cabin on the Main deck. Today I was offered a VA deluxe verandah aft cabin on the Rotterdam deck for an addtional $298.

That's a great deal! For singles, it is 200% of the double occupancy fare to book a verandah cabin, so you did well. Enjoy your cruise.

There seem to be a lot of upsell offers lately. I was wondering about the likelihood of getting a call from the TA even if the offer is extended to them by HAL. I usually use one of the online volume TA's and they seem to be only interested in the booking. I have done it because of the extra shipboard credits they often extend. Now I am wondering if I might be missing out on a great opportunity just to get a few extra dollars credit. Please let me know your experiences. Thanks

There seem to be a lot of upsell offers lately. I was wondering about the likelihood of getting a call from the TA even if the offer is extended to them by HAL. I usually use one of the online volume TA's and they seem to be only interested in the booking. I have done it because of the extra shipboard credits they often extend. Now I am wondering if I might be missing out on a great opportunity just to get a few extra dollars credit. Please let me know your experiences. Thanks

We use an online TA I deal with by phone and e-mail (have never booked directly on their site). We got HAL upsells transmitted to us by him by phone for our last 3 cruises. Seems like your TA may be a bit on the lazy side. Upsells are an added source of revenue for them too as they get a percentage.

I think you did very well, indeed. As a solo cruiser, too, I pay attention to the reports of upgrades/upsells, and don't ever remember mention of a solo getting one.

Enjoy your little slice of private outdoor space.

Is this the 12/23 sailing? If so come and join our Roll Call. Great upgrade!!!

Lindy: You did very well for a solo cruiser. Enjoy your balcony.:)

Archived