Caribbean Princess - What is included and what carries a fee?

amcdonnell

Hi all,

I am going on my first cruise on Dec 5 - the Southern Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess leaving from San Juan. What I am having a hard time discerning from all of the information is what can I anticipate as being included in what I have already paid? What can I expect to have to pay for on board? I understand that some dining rooms/restaurants on board carry an extra cost, but what about everything else? If I want a snack in the middle of the day, if I want to go to the pool, if I want something (non-alcoholic) to drink? What about if we want to go to one of the shows in the evening?

Thanks! I apologize if this has been asked a million times, it's just very new to me.

Best,

Anne

Specialty restaurants, the Spa, the Sanctuary, and beverages outside of regular water, iced tea, regular coffee, and juice (at breakfast) are extra.

All other food is free, the dining rooms, the buffet, the pizza, the grill, the ice cream (not to be confused with Gelato at the International Cafe).

Hi Anne,

On the CB you can definitely find snacks anytime of day that are free of charge. You do not have to pay for food in the International Cafe in the Piazza, you do not have to pay for pizza, burgers, ice cream on the Lido Deck. You have free access to the Horizon Court Buffet practially 24 hours a day. You have free room service with the exception of pizza which costs $3.00 for delivery (but is free if you go up and get it yourself from Prego's). You do have to pay for sodas (you can get a soda card if you feel you will be drinking a lot of soft drinks), you do have to pay for speciality coffees at the coffee bar next to the International Cafe (again, you can get a coffee card if you feel you will be drinking a lot of Lattes, Capuccinos, espressos, etc.). Regular coffee, tea, iced tea and ice water is always available for no charge at the Horizon Court. You can also ask a server for lemonade which is free as well (but it is not available in the self serve area). At Vines wine bar in the Piazza, you can order a glass of wine and get a plate of sushi to go with it at no additional cost, but at least as of last week, you did have to order the wine to get the free sushi. There is no charge for any of the shows or entertainment on board. There is a cost for internet access/wi fi. Hope that helps! Enjoy your cruise!:)

Thanks all, this is really helpful. I am a big tap water drinker and not too keen on soda, so as long as the water is safe I will probably (mostly) be doing that! What are the benefits of the Sanctuary? How much does it usually cost a day? I am excited!

Have not tried the Sanctuary, but I understand it is $15.00 per day or you can book for the whole cruise. It gets you a reserved and very comfortable lounger in an adults only part of the deck. There are waiters and a small menu, but I believe there is an extra cost for what you order there. Others may have more detail on this.

The water from the taps is perfectly drinkable and tastes great. Your room steward can provide ice anytime you need it and there is a fridge in your room to keep it cool.

Have not tried the Sanctuary, but I understand it is $15.00 per day or you can book for the whole cruise.

The water from the taps is perfectly drinkable and tastes great. Your room steward can provide ice anytime you need it and there is a fridge in your room to keep it cool.

It is $10 per half day. If you book it for the entire cruise it is $15/day.

Also, instead of buying bottled water to take on a shore excursion, bring an empty bottle, fill it from the tap, and chill it in the room fridge.

Hi all,

I am going on my first cruise on Dec 5 - the Southern Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess leaving from San Juan.

What about if we want to go to one of the shows in the evening?

All entertainment on the ship is at no additional cost.

You may want to join the roll call for your cruise at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1230320

There you will meet online other people on your cruise and make some friends before you board the ship. Some on the roll call may be new cruisers such as yourself. Others will be experienced cruisers and very willing to answer any questions you may have.

Some may be arranging shore excursions that you may want to join in with.

Enjoy your first cruise.

It is $10 per half day. If you book it for the entire cruise it is $15/day.

Also, instead of buying bottled water to take on a shore excursion, bring an empty bottle, fill it from the tap, and chill it in the room fridge.

or fill it from the dispenser in the HC. Just don't let the top of the bottle touch the dispenser.

There is usually a Captain's party on one of the formal nights with free drinks. Watch the daily Patter for the time.

Wish I had found these boards before my first cruise instead of after 3-4. Hope your have a great first cruise and many more!

Me too! I loved my cruising but, boy could I have loved it more!!!!

I've learned so much from so many!

I think the captain's cocktail party on the first formal night has been replaced by the champagne waterfall event. At least that's how it has been on our most recent Princess cruises. They serve plenty of free champagne, in addition to the spectacle of the waterfall.

There is also free champagne served at some of the art auctions. Check the daily newsletter (The Patter) that your cabin steward will deliver each night.

Occasionally we've had free drinks at Friends of Dorothy meetings and single cruisers get-togethers. They may serve them as well at meetings for honeymooners and other such meetings.

Hi Anne,

On the CB you can definitely find snacks anytime of day that are free of charge. You do not have to pay for food in the International Cafe in the Piazza, you do not have to pay for pizza, burgers, ice cream on the Lido Deck. You have free access to the Horizon Court Buffet practially 24 hours a day. You have free room service with the exception of pizza which costs $3.00 for delivery (but is free if you go up and get it yourself from Prego's). You do have to pay for sodas (you can get a soda card if you feel you will be drinking a lot of soft drinks), you do have to pay for speciality coffees at the coffee bar next to the International Cafe (again, you can get a coffee card if you feel you will be drinking a lot of Lattes, Capuccinos, espressos, etc.). Regular coffee, tea, iced tea and ice water is always available for no charge at the Horizon Court. You can also ask a server for lemonade which is free as well (but it is not available in the self serve area). At Vines wine bar in the Piazza, you can order a glass of wine and get a plate of sushi to go with it at no additional cost, but at least as of last week, you did have to order the wine to get the free sushi. There is no charge for any of the shows or entertainment on board. There is a cost for internet access/wi fi. Hope that helps! Enjoy your cruise!:)

If you order a capuccino at dinner in the dinning room, is there a charge for the capuccino?

Archived