Specialty Dining time changed without my knowledge

HappyCampers3

Has anyone ever experienced their Specialty Dining time changed after they made their reservation (2 1/2 months prior to their cruise date), paid for it and received confirmation?

Come to find out my 7:00 SD time was changed without my knowledge to 10:00 p.m. Called Specialty Dining and was told that it was initially reserved for 7:00 but they had no history of when or why it was changed. I was also told they could not give me any other time that evening (besides 10:00 p.m.) or any time between 6 and 7:30 for any night of our 11 night cruise (January 3, 2011).

Who can I contact about this besides Specialty Dining?

Thanks for your reply.

It provokes me that I can not resolve this situation before arriving at the port. I am a planner and do all of this kind of stuff ahead of time (as a lot of people do), so I don't have to deal with it once I leave home or have to wait until I arrive at port. If my TA or the Specialty Dining rep can't resolve this before I leave, I'll most likely just cancel the specialty dining all together. Why worry myself with 'paying' for a meal?

Customer service told me not all reservation slots are open to internet users and they keep some open so folks can reserve once they board. Ok, that's nice of them, but what about the reservations they 'sold', were 'paid' for and then won't make right? Not good for future business :(

The specialty restaurants on Celebrity are outstanding. I would not deprive myself the opportuntiy for an amazing meal over this. Just stop by the specialty restaurant after you board as Ellbon suggested and there is a very good chance that within 2-3 minutes the problem will be solved. I too like planning in advance, but have learned that it pays to be flexible when situations warrant.

Has anyone ever experienced their Specialty Dining time changed after they made their reservation (2 1/2 months prior to their cruise date), paid for it and received confirmation?

Come to find out my 7:00 SD time was changed without my knowledge to 10:00 p.m. Called Specialty Dining and was told that it was initially reserved for 7:00 but they had no history of when or why it was changed. I was also told they could not give me any other time that evening (besides 10:00 p.m.) or any time between 6 and 7:30 for any night of our 11 night cruise (January 3, 2011).

Who can I contact about this besides Specialty Dining?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out your dining time had changed? I have already booked my specialty dining time for my May 2011 cruise. Now you have me wondering if I need to monitor my reservation. I hope things are resolved to your satisfaction.

Karen

Last evening I went into my reservation on the Celebrity website to book a ship excursion. Once I purchased the excursion, a screen came up listing all my purchases, which included the Specialty Dining and the excursion I had just booked. That is when I noticed my dining time was not what I had previously booked/purchased on October 18th. I did print off a confirmation at the time I purchased the specialty dining, so I know it had indeed been changed. Everyone I've talked with today seems to be unable to help me with changing the reservation to the time I purchased, a reasonable time that same day, or at a reasonable time any other day of my cruise.

Last evening I went into my reservation on the Celebrity website to book a ship excursion. Once I purchased the excursion, a screen came up listing all my purchases, which included the Specialty Dining and the excursion I had just booked. That is when I noticed my dining time was not what I had previously booked/purchased on October 18th. I did print off a confirmation at the time I purchased the specialty dining, so I know it had indeed been changed. Everyone I've talked with today seems to be unable to help me with changing the reservation to the time I purchased, a reasonable time that same day, or at a reasonable time any other day of my cruise.

Take that paper with you at the time of your reservation and play dumb..

Sounds to me like there might be a large group on board that is being given priority on the Specialty restaurant reservations. Just a guess.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I guess I will just have to keep an eye on my pre-cruise purchases.

Karen

I had the exact same thing, my 7pm was changed to 9:30pm with no notification, I just happened to notice it when checking everything a couple of weeks before the trip. They said there was no record of who did it. I said perhaps I got bumped by suite passengers but she said that was impossible etc. So I cancelled it and rebooked once aboard ship.

It might be a website bug, their site is pretty primitive by today's standards, even the CSRs joke about it.

Thanks Celebrity! All my phone calls paid off. Specialty dining reservations contacted the ship directly and they made the change in their reservation book on the ship. :)

Hi,:) I would still go see the Maitr'd after you board the ship to

RE-Confirm everything is what they say it is;)

The specialty restaurants on Celebrity are outstanding. I would not deprive myself the opportuntiy for an amazing meal over this. Just stop by the specialty restaurant after you board as Ellbon suggested and there is a very good chance that within 2-3 minutes the problem will be solved. I too like planning in advance, but have learned that it pays to be flexible when situations warrant.

We have just completed our Trans Atlantic cruise from Rome to Fort Lauderdale and have to say it was a wonderful experience all levels. We did dine in the Tuscan and Murano restaurants and while the experience was delightful I am not sure I think the food is that much better, than what is served in the MDR, to justify the additional cost. Will be do it again? Of course. Not for the food but for the experience. One of our dining companions had the cavier in the Murano at a $120.00 a serving. We thought that was pretentious but then that is our friend. Loll..

We have just completed our Trans Atlantic cruise from Rome to Fort Lauderdale and have to say it was a wonderful experience all levels. We did dine in the Tuscan and Murano restaurants and while the experience was delightful I am not sure I think the food is that much better, than what is served in the MDR, to justify the additional cost. Will be do it again? Of course. Not for the food but for the experience. One of our dining companions had the cavier in the Murano at a $120.00 a serving. We thought that was pretentious but then that is our friend. Loll..

I would agree with you about the Tuscan Grill and Murano....they are good but not all that much better than MDR or especially Blu...but the OP is on the Millenium and I think the specialty restaurants on the "M" class, the Olympia in this instance REALLY are that much better than the MDR. They are wonderful both the food and the service....

The $120.00 caviar:eek:, just can't ever see myself doing that....to each his own!!:D

Archived