Navigator cxld Ocho Rios

Just got off of Navigator today, 11/20. Our 5-day was supposed to stop at Labadee and Ocho Rios. On day 2, the captain announced that we would NOT be stopping at Ocho Rios on day 4, and that Montego Bay would be the alternate port of call. The only reason given was "due to a berthing conflict." Does that mean that too many ships were scheduled to stop at Ocho Rios, and not enough dock space was available? Our itinerary was scheduled for Ocho Rios for many months, so who screwed up?

Just got off of Navigator today, 11/20. Our 5-day was supposed to stop at Labadee and Ocho Rios. On day 2, the captain announced that we would NOT be stopping at Ocho Rios on day 4, and that Montego Bay would be the alternate port of call. The only reason given was "due to a berthing conflict." Does that mean that too many ships were scheduled to stop at Ocho Rios, and not enough dock space was available? Our itinerary was scheduled for Ocho Rios for many months, so who screwed up?

Could have been a ship wasn't able to leave due to an issue, so now the spot is taken that the Navigator was to have had. Maybe dock workers didn't show for work and due to safety reasons, a decision had to be made to re-group. Most likely, it was for a safety reason. I don't know if there is any one intity to point a finger at. Just guessing it would be less of an oversight issue and more of a safety concern on RCL's part. But...we'll probably never know the whole story. Sorry for your disappointment. I've been concerned about our Christmas cruise to Labadee, Haiti. Our big reason for wanting to do that port is to let our sons do the zipline over the water that we did last summer. I will be disappointed as well if that port is cancelled.

I just read that some more upcoming Ocho Rios stops are cxld, and that Montego Bay is being substituted....hmmmm. Makes you wonder. In any case, Labadee was absolutely fantastic. That was our 4th time there, and I always love it. I rode the Dragon's Tail alpine coaster and had a blast. So far, no Labadee stops are affected by Haiti's troubles.....

I just read that some more upcoming Ocho Rios stops are cxld, and that Montego Bay is being substituted....hmmmm. Makes you wonder. In any case, Labadee was absolutely fantastic. That was our 4th time there, and I always love it. I rode the Dragon's Tail alpine coaster and had a blast. So far, no Labadee stops are affected by Haiti's troubles.....

Sorry to hear about the change

We are on the 29th and we got switched as well...... a couple questions how was Mobay better or worse than Ochi

Did they have plenty of shore excursions available @ short notice or did they have the same ones and longer bus rides

what night was the fishermans platter last night or second to last night?? were trying to make reservations for chops and the platter is my favorite

Sorry to hear about the change

We are on the 29th and we got switched as well...... a couple questions how was Mobay better or worse than Ochi

Did they have plenty of shore excursions available @ short notice or did they have the same ones and longer bus rides

what night was the fishermans platter last night or second to last night?? were trying to make reservations for chops and the platter is my favorite

We went to a wonderful all-inclusive resort in MoBay:

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

Ocho RIos has been canceled for most of the Dec sailings as well. I am on the NOS Dec 13th. I was told that all of them up until Dec 26 sailing were rerouted. Dec 26 was TBD.

The wonderful RCCL customer service rep read the email to me that they had recieved. All I remember from it was that it had to do with berthing and the number of ships in port.

There were a few excursions offered at the last minute....not very many. I'm sure they'll add more, now that they have advance notice of the itinerary change. Some of the original ones still operated, with long bus rides! As far as the fisherman's platter, it was actually on night 3! I've never seen it offered that soon. I've always seen it on night 4....but we had it on night 3! (on a 5 night cruise)

There were a few excursions offered at the last minute....not very many. I'm sure they'll add more, now that they have advance notice of the itinerary change. Some of the original ones still operated, with long bus rides! As far as the fisherman's platter, it was actually on night 3! I've never seen it offered that soon. I've always seen it on night 4....but we had it on night 3! (on a 5 night cruise)

we are trying to book with locals right now for our excursion

so the night after formal night they had the platter that is different but I hvnt been on this short of a cruise since I did a pacific coastal repo years ago

Thank you for responding back

We went to a wonderful all-inclusive resort in MoBay:

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

We would have been happy, never again will we go to Ocho Rios!

I stayed at the Jamaica Grande on several land trips (before they were the "Sunset Jamaica Grande") in Ocho Rios. I called on a recent cruise that had a port stop in OR, and they have a day pass there for cruisers. It's a beautiful property!

I believe the berthing problems are because several ships, not just RCI ships, had originally shown Falmouth starting in Nov. or Dec. Since Falmouth is not ready for ships, all are having to divert to Ocho or Mo'bay.

That makes a lot of sense. However, it would seem that a ship that already had a spot in Ocho Rios should keep its space and the ship scheduled for Falmouth would be the one moved to where ever there was room. I can't quite figure a ship being moved from OR to MB.

I believe the berthing problems are because several ships, not just RCI ships, had originally shown Falmouth starting in Nov. or Dec. Since Falmouth is not ready for ships, all are having to divert to Ocho or Mo'bay.

That would most likely make the most sense. Frustrating, however, if a cruiser picked a cruise for a specific itinerary. I know with cruising, there is always the chance an itinerary can change. We try to take everything in stride, but having an anticipation bubble burst is no fun. :p

Ocho RIos has been canceled for most of the Dec sailings as well. I am on the NOS Dec 13th. I was told that all of them up until Dec 26 sailing were rerouted. Dec 26 was TBD.

The wonderful RCCL customer service rep read the email to me that they had recieved. All I remember from it was that it had to do with berthing and the number of ships in port.

Does that mean that Freedom of the Seas will not be going there in December ?

Does that mean that Freedom of the Seas will not be going there in December ?

I only specifically asked about Navigator as I am going on the 13th and a good friend is going on the 23. Either call RCCL or check My Cruises on their website.

I stayed at the Jamaica Grande on several land trips (before they were the "Sunset Jamaica Grande") in Ocho Rios. I called on a recent cruise that had a port stop in OR, and they have a day pass there for cruisers. It's a beautiful property!

We were accosted many times by locals trying to get us to buy drugs. I was grabbed, the backpack my DH was holding was grabbed in an attempt to stop us. And many times their "police" were watching. FYI, we are not young. Many on the same cruise had simular experiences. We will never book a cruise going to OCHO RIOS!

Archived