Recent cruisers, I really need your help!

ekerr19

No, that's on Carnival - but they do shape the end into a different flower every night.....

At the Hampton Inns everything from TP to tissues to towels are all accordion pleated:)

I must be really weird growing up ( this came from my Dad) TP paper was to pull out from the bottom and Paper Towels were to roll out from the top. I personally think TP papers tears off easier if pulled off from the bottom.:o

Now you know that pointed thing with the paper on the HAL ships is often a joke with the comedians or in the Debarkation Talk about being able to find the TP paper in the dark:D

It is amazing the topics this board starts talking about but it has made for a humorus thread

Thanks ekerr :)

I dunno. I think it tears easier when rolling from the top. I can't do it from the bottom.

For me we're only on page 2, but I have 40 per page so maybe that's why.

I certainly hope we've been helpful to EKerr with this problem and that DH hasn't come home and ripped her to shreds for ruining his previously spotless reputation!:D

No this is a REAL issue in my house. DH actually installs the roll coming off the bottom. I can not understand that kind of behavior. Everyone knows that as the roll gets near the end, if it is coming from the bottom, it will just all unroll in a freefall! Anyway, we just returned from the Zuiderdam and they placed the roll with the tissue coming over the top with the little pointy triangle. The point didn't become an issue because it disappeared everyday, twice a day, shortly after I noticed it! Marilyn

EKerr, tomc, dave et al, thanks for the best laugh I've had in a while!!

Ekerr, Your DH and you have no need to hide when you board the ship. You will be the toast of the crew and those pax who read these boards! What fun people you must be! I hope someday our paths cross.

Now that I think of, if your kids get a look at this thread, you may be 'toast' to them too! Just remembering how my boys acted when I "did not act my age" or otherwise embarassed them. :D

I would like to offer my professional services to all who are traumatized by this horror and have their cruises ruined by TP placed the wrong way on the roll in their bathrooms. The stress of dealing with this trauma, far from home, on what should be a flawless, blissful vacation can be overwhelming.

I am sure HAL will provide us with accomodations so that we can hold our necessary group therapy meetings on board. We must be on board one of their ships for the necessary desensitization sessions so those afflicted can overcome their trauma, in vivo.

Post Traumatic Stress can scar a person for their entire life. Surely, HAL will respond to those who have been subjected to the horror of Reverse TP Exposure. I feel that we would need 10 days, on a ship, in a warm climate, with daily group sessions and lots of relaxation for those who are traumatized to begin their recovery.

What do you think? ;) ;)

Linda

"...This just in to Mid-Morning News: The crap hit the fan today on Holland America Line's Merdedam when a passenger confronted a cabin steward over how the toilet paper was placed in its holder. The steward had accidentally put it "under" and the passenger wanted it "over." The steward's grasp of English was not that good and, when asked, "Exactly how am I supposed to use it this way!?" the steward smiled and said, "Sir, shove it up your @."

I meant he would prefer the TP in its' natural form...

I might just have to hide out onboard the Volendam... we know a few of the crew & officers onboard (they went directly from the final Noordam voyage)... I can only hope they haven't seen this!

ekerr, dont let this bother you, My son-in-law also feels this way, my daughter goes to great pains to make sure every resturant, or public restroom he goes into, she goes first and fixes the paper for him. He has been known to just walk right out in the middle of dinner due to this! Without leaving a tip either!

Post Traumatic Stress can scar a person for their entire life. Surely, HAL will respond to those who have been subjected to the horror of Reverse TP Exposure. I feel that we would need 10 days, on a ship, in a warm climate, with daily group sessions and lots of relaxation for those who are traumatized to begin their recovery.

What do you think? ;) ;)

Linda

Linda..you rule.

I also think that there may need to be some self-medication through the judicious use of adult beverages. Just to help manage the trauma symptoms of course.

EKERR, many apologies and many thanks! This is the funniest thread I've read -ever!!! I understand husband hang ups and it sure is fun to make situations light!!! I hope your husband understands, or if not, never sees this thread! Life is meant to live and enjoy! Have a great cruise!!!:)

Imagining an announcement in the HAL daily programs:

"Friends of Mr. Whipple meeting will be held in the aft unisex public restoom

at 1pm each day. Roll call optional."

Good thing I read this one at night, or there'd be another coffee-flooded keyboard on my desk! :rolleyes:

-dave

There no longer need be a fight when there's an "over the top" TPer rooming with an "under the bottom" fan. The Bathroom Butler® wall300BL.jpg (although shown configured for the really anal-retentive or, should I say over-the-top, Over The Top TPer) allows for dual rolls rolling in dual directions!

If only we could solve the dress code dilemma so easily :cool:

-dave

Imagining an announcement in the HAL daily programs:

"Friends of Mr. Whipple meeting will be held in the aft unisex public restoom

at 1pm each day. Roll call optional."

Oh Lordy, just when I thought this had gone as far as it could go! Coffee on the keyboard once again!

Just too too funny!

TinaLee (who, being NEW to the HAL board, was very relieved to find this actually WAS meant as a joke after her original post to this thread)

Actually, Dave, I don't think that will solve the problem. I think it's actually SEEING the paper rolling from under that causes EKerr's DH's reaction.

Linda, an excellent suggestion and many thanks for the offer of your services!!! I think (in memory of who outted the problem) the meetings should be called Friends of EKerr, or FOEK.

That will be easily remembered and easily identifiable on the Daily Program.