Rhapsody of the seas delayed in sydney

livingstone

I think when tjhe price of crude oil was over 75 USD , there was a plan to charge the fuel surcharge, to passengers, but I think that was scrapped at the end of 2009, Now that would give them (the cruise line) more than 8c a L DISCOUNT Whithout even spending a cent at woolies and with thank to there own customers. Does anyone know if they ever did charge that on any cruise?

Cruiselines operating out of the USA had a fuel surcharge added to the fare for a while. Sorry that I don't know the exact dates - and no, I don't have a link. :D

Can do better than that Thied... next ship that fills up there I will post a photo for you... promise!

All Woolworths Servos have cctv for security, we can get a copy and send to Qld for Thied. LOL. Just to prove beyond doubt that ROS was at Circular Quay Woollies Servo this week 'bunkering.'

We did one cruise where a surcharge came into play. It was with HAL in Sth America. The surcharge came in after we booked and was only applied to new bookings from that date, so we did not have to pay it. It was a set amount per day , up to a max of $80 pp

tateyama, yes nice pic of woollies servo at Circular Quay. I knew I was spot on.

I bet the Queenslanders on CC wish they had a woollies servo to 'bunker' Pacific Dawn at Brisvegas Cruise Terminal.

What say ye Queenslanders?

do you have a link to what you say as being true?

Thied, there you go, the pic is there for you to see ROS at Woollies Servo, Circular Quay, getting 'bunkered.' Who needs a link when you have it in vivid colour.

Love it Les !!!!:D:D

Thanks Liz, reckon they will have a Caltex/Woollies in Valparaiso for our Star Princess?

Even a Coles/Shell ? We could pick up our big bottles of water there to take on board,

plus a few mars bars and give the 8 cents off a litre dockets to Captain Kent, Master of Star Princess.

Thanks Tateyama you saved my skin big time.

Luckily you were there with camera ready right at the time they were topping ROS up!:)

When you magnify the photo you can see the captain with a barrow full of Woolies dockets!:rolleyes:

(P.S.)

In relation to a certain question posed above...:rolleyes:

Don't laugh, these people vote and drive on our roads... Scary huh?

Thanks Tateyama you saved my skin big time.

Luckily you were there with camera ready right at the time they were topping ROS up!:)

When you magnify the photo you can see the captain with a barrow full of Woolies dockets!:rolleyes:

No worries Floaties, only too glad to help.

Tateyama

Looks like the Rhapsody of the seas did refuel at Woolies ?? :D

Rhapsody_Of_The_Seas.jpg

Tateyama

That is a great shot, I do remember seeing that servo last December in Sydney.

Is that why there was so many ship staff at the local woolies supermarket buying groceries and collecting fuel savings on their Everyday Rewards Card?

I think when tjhe price of crude oil was over 75 USD , there was a plan to charge the fuel surcharge, to passengers, but I think that was scrapped at the end of 2009, Now that would give them (the cruise line) more than 8c a L DISCOUNT Whithout even spending a cent at woolies and with thank to there own customers. Does anyone know if they ever did charge that on any cruise?

Two things:

1) Yes, the surcharge was applied to many cruises over the course of 2008, though it was actually canned towards the end of that year. I don't believe any cruises in 2009 had the surcharge applied as all lines had canned it by then.

2) Have you seen the price recently? (Just from the way you wrote 'when it was over 75USD')

Archived