New version of CC forums coming soon!

Texas Teen

Just happened to look at the announcements area above the sticky threads yesterday (which I rarely do), and saw an announcement saying "New Version of the Forums: Coming Your Way & 'Happy Thanksgiving Note" !!! :eek: And she (LauraS) says the new forums are going to be like the Indepent Traveler forums! She also says they're coming "very soon", but doesn't give an exact date. LINK

I just checked out the Independent Traveler forums, and prefer the design of these forums. Their forums look ugly & tacky to me! :( Oh well, I guess it's not too bad. (Although I'm not a member of their forums, so I'm not sure if & how posting is going to be different after the change.)

I guess the upcoming forums will just take a little getting used to!

Cruise Critic has changed before and people said the same type stuff. People are resisistant to change. After a week or two everyone will get used to it.

Looks like this same discussion is being had on other forums as well - with much the same reaction to the proposed changes...

From the HAL forum.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1314460

From the Regent forum... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1314502

To be honest, I'm not opposed to the change as long as we don't lose any functionality we currently enjoy. Like any other change, it will just take some getting used to.

Sorry to have to agree with almost everyone! They are really bad looking esp. with that ugly thick sea green bar..

It is going to waste alot of space/time scrollling through threads... not very easy to use or read... Hope they re-consider!!!

the present format works well!!

Thanks for the link, but not the news. Not too interesting, and it looks like it is more than just cruising. I wonder why the change? It would be nice if there was a reason provided.

I don't know the reason for the change but Cruise Critic is running on vBulletin software. So perhaps these changes come with the new version of vBulletin.

NO definitely will not be using this new format...ugly and hard on the eyes. Have been spending far too much time on these boards so will not be using it. My legs will love it as they will get for exercise doing something else.

Too bad they had to change this as it sounds like most do not like it...:mad:

Agreed, that one just looks tacky. You should have made this a poll TT, so we could have a little vote on which we liked better :o

Well I don't even think that we need a poll on this one. Pretty clear message as to what everyone thinks. Wanna bet it falls on deaf ears?

I think a simple like/dislike poll would have sufficed, too many choices

I'm gonna make a SIMPLE poll..................

I

Don't like the new look ... looks alot like another cruising board --- which I don't use as I don't like the set up ... Its too bad -- new and improved isn't always better. Jan

The boards that use the vBulletin software are upgrading to the newest version. You may not like the look but it is what is under the hood that counts. Also generally software companies stop supporting older versions at some piont. They stop making patches and putting out security updates. The change is inevitable. Does not matter if what we think of the look or what the Cruise Critic owners think of the changes. Their alternative is not sticking with what they have, it would be switching to other software.

Archived