SIMPLE poll: new version of CC or current one?

Merion_Mom

Should the format of Cruise Critic change?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. Should the format of Cruise Critic change?

• LEAVE Cruise Critic the way it is
    • CHANGE to the Independent Traveler's format
    • I don't give a fig.

Really don't care. If it is changed in a short period of time everyone will become familiar with the format and posting habits will not change.

Will probably catch some flack for this but.....Does anyone remember how upset folks were when RCI changed the reservation format on their website? Does anyone even remember the old format?

Absolutely but with one condition. The moderators back off a bit. If I'm going to pay for a site, I don't want to wind up in the naughty room for the slightest transgression.

HA! I'd pay for that! :D I bet there would be a whole naughty room full of us willing to pay for that. :p;)

I do have another question - advertising pays for these forums. The new type of site seems to have a lot more advertising on it.

Are you willing to pay to belong to this forum to have it left as is?

This site makes money off of advertising. The rates for that advertising is based on the number of hits on this site. Who are the ones that are making money for this site???? Bingo....................we are. There are some folks who make a pay check from this site and they have US to thank for it.;)

This site makes money off of advertising. The rates for that advertising is based on the number of hits on this site. Who are the ones that are making money for this site???? Bingo....................we are. There are some folks who make a pay check from this site and they have US to thank for it.;)

Welcome to the naughty room, I've saved you a spot. :D Hee!

I do have another question - advertising pays for these forums. The new type of site seems to have a lot more advertising on it.

Are you willing to pay to belong to this forum to have it left as is?

Am I willing to pay for the value that we add to this site? I think......NOT.

Welcome to the naughty room, I've saved you a spot. :D Hee!

No need to welcome me. I live there.;)

I'll smuggle the booze for all of us. :D Who's got the smokes covered? :confused:

I think we will have a blast in there. People may be begging for us to unlock the door and let them in.:D

Not sure why everyone is so opposed to change, but I for one don't see the big deal.

I joined CC about 6 months ago and spent a few days learning how it worked and figured it all out, this new format seems to be similar enough.

I've seen posts where people are just refusing to read or post if the format changes...honestly.

Did it occur to anyone the reason for the change may not be just to change the appearance? Seems it may be a more efficient board and what if there are problems with this one that we don't see...such as user security. Or it may be that this particular board is no longer supported by the software they use. Or perhaps it costs alot to maintain this board and a new one that offers advertising would help.

So many different reasons for change, and there's no reason for causing a fuss over something so trivial.

When I was searching for a place to get info about my cruise I didn't happen upon CC and choose to sign up and come back frequently because it's pretty....I actually dislike the way it looks, but it's functional.

Cruisers are supposed to be this laid back, easy going group of fun loving people and yet tell them an internet web forum where they trade cruise stories is going to be changing the way it looks and suddenly everyone acts like they sat on the flagpole.

Lighten up...it's a cruise forum

Cheers

Persnickety

Not sure why everyone is so opposed to change, but I for one don't see the big deal.

Did it occur to anyone the reason for the change may not be just to change the appearance? Seems it may be a more efficient board and what if there are problems with this one that we don't see...such as user security. Or it may be that this particular board is no longer supported by the software they use. Or perhaps it costs alot to maintain this board and a new one that offers advertising would help.

So many different reasons for change, and there's no reason for causing a fuss over something so trivial.

Nope. None of us thought of any of those things.... even though they have all already been mentioned as possibilities.;)

Cruisers are supposed to be this laid back, easy going group of fun loving people and yet tell them an internet web forum where they trade cruise stories is going to be changing the way it looks and suddenly everyone acts like they sat on the flagpole.

That is why we all get on a ship periodically.... so we can unwind from getting all worked up here at CC over the trivia..:D

That format is why I do not post on Independent Traveler. Its a pain in the butt.

Leave this site alone.

Laura

I agree.....seems like you have to keep clicking and clicking to get to anything.........I haven't even figured out how to get back to where I was. I'm with you........it's a pain in the butt! LOL

Archived