ARghhh... missed an PS upgrade

kathy_bc

Got the upgrade notice this morning for a PS upgrade for $659 each. Phoned HAL, and it was still available, so phoned husband. Took a little bit to get a hold of him, and in that 15 minutes, the PS was gone.

We do have the SC wrap-around balcony, so looking forward to that, but it would have been nice to try the PS. This is our very first time in a deluxe suite, so looking forward to all the extra perks! Hope I remember them all. :)

Y'know, maybe I'm just making lemonade from lemons....but if you haven't had a HAL suite before....why totally spoil yourself with the PH first? :)

Enjoy your stern wrap SC. My one and only time in one was a "perfect 10" vacation. I hope yours is, too.

We got the PS upgrade offer for an eleven day cruise $699 pp but said No, Thank You.

We love our "S".

Mrs banjo & I took the upgrade to the PS last summer. we usually cruise on HAL in a deluxe suite and I, personally, would not turn down a bargain to be back in the penthouse

Mrs banjo & I took the upgrade to the PS last summer. we usually cruise on HAL in a deluxe suite and I, personally, would not turn down a bargain to be back in the penthouse

We have cruised before in PS and it is a beautiful cabin. Very comfortable, for sure.

We love our "S". :)

Re: Limited 'first come, first served' upsell offers and response time.

I can see how there may be an advantage for those who book directly with HAL - there is no 'time lag' for the offer to be relayed to the pax through their TA (and the answer back to HAL).

I'll still stick with booking my TA though. The OBC alone makes it worthwhile.

We were offered an upsell for the PS last month, but it was $999 per person which was so not worth it for a 7 day cruise, in our opinion. We could take that money and apply it to another cruise.

KallieKae - On our Eurodam cruise a couple of years ago, we were offered an upsell from a G to a V - unspecified balcony cabin. I don't recall HAL's initial amount, but it was a LOT more than we were willing to pay, we didn't want anything less than a VD & we're a bit picky about location.

Via our TA we made a ridiculously low counter-offer. It went back-forth for a week or so until we eventually got a VA of our choosing on Deck 8 (from what was available) for..... I don't remember :o. I'm gonna say $199/pp. It might have even been $159. I don't think we paid more than $400 total for the upsell. We were heading to Europe & wanted to have plenty of $$$ for other things.

Enjoy that deluxe suite & wrap-around verandah. We've had the pleasure of attending parties in that kind of cabin - SWEET!!! :)

Your first suite, so it's not the end of the world.

Earlier this year, I got the same call from my TA, called dh and he was busy said he would call me back in 1/2 hour. So, I called the TA and said we would take it and called him back to let him know. I knew it would be gone in 1/2 hour.

We did get the penthouse, but we have done suites, so maybe things happen for a reason. If you had gotten the penthouse you would be so disspaointed in a suite later. enjoy your suite and next cruise when you hopefully get the same offer, you will appreciate both. Enjoy your suite and the Neptune lounge:)

Shared this thread subject with Mrs. K last night just to test the waters so to speak. She looked at me like I'd lost my mind. :o Finally got her to say that, assuming it was a reasonable up sell, that I didn't need to even think about calling her. Even though we're in an S for our next cruise I figure the chances are so slim that I'm not exactly sitting by the phone hoping we'll get a call. :)

Just so everyone knows... I am extremely happy to be in the aft deluxe suite. Normally we are insiders, so we are treating ourselves to that. It was just I didn't expect my husband to say "ok" to the upgrade, and I could have upgraded on the spot! :) I know we we love the suite, and don't ever expect to get offered this again. It was just "I can't believe I even got the offer, and even more so, my husband would have actually been ok with that" kind of rant. Now I know for the future that if this should happend again, to just jump at it. Kind of a good talk to have "just in case". Just never dreamed it would have happened to us. Always thought it's the other people that get the offers.

I do like booking direct, as I can check all the details constantly, as I like to do as it gets closer to the sailing date. I'm just weird that way.

Getting excited to see some warm sun. we are socked in with the snow here.

The only PS I have seen in person was on our first cruise on RCCL. We had to leave our cabins early on debarkation day and I wandered around the ship while my husband watched our bags while he played the piano in the Crown Lounge. Their Royal Suite was beautiful, with intricately tiled entry, piano, nice sculptures. Wow, good thing I didn't see it before we spent a week in an inside 138 sf cabin! But it gave me something to add to my bucket list!

Archived