C&A new point system

Kugel

I heard today that as of January 12th the point system will be changing and Diamond and Diamond plus will receive notification of this. Has anyone heard anything? This came from a Diamond + member who ate with the hotel manager at the captains table. Rumor or truth? Why would an executive staff member make a statement like this if not true?

I LOVE this forum! :D It's always the best when a rumor is based on a diamond + member having dinner with the hotel manager at the Captain's table! LOVE THIS!

To answer your question, no one knows. Yes there have been rumors swirling around for at least a year.

EDITED TO ADD....here is the one of the more recent discussions on it...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1320454

I heard today that as of January 12th the point system will be changing and Diamond and Diamond plus will receive notification of this.

If it is hapening-why only D and D plus members being notified?? G-P- and any one else who may be thinking of enroling-IE-everyone should be informed also.

I heard today that as of January 12th the point system will be changing and Diamond and Diamond plus will receive notification of this. Has anyone heard anything? This came from a Diamond + member who ate with the hotel manager at the captains table. Rumor or truth? Why would an executive staff member make a statement like this if not true?

Why would they change it on the 12th (not the 1st) and in the middle of the week (not a monday)? Figures...I cruise on my 10 night on the 14th, which would have finally made me Diamond. :(

Hope this is indeed a rumour, and not fact.

we lost our benefits of the top shelf concierge lounge for two cruises in 2010 but the concierge actually remembered me and didnt card me so we were able to enjoy Cosmo's for free every night with our friends. Honestly that is the biggest benefit...if it disappears I will be happy to spend time outside of that lounge every night, as much as I love it, we can gather somewhere else, so long as we are together, we love all our friends in that lounge, and we will work it out. It won't stop me from cruising 35 days a year...

Wonder if this discussion took place before the wine was poured or after!!:D

Right before the discussion on the dress code in the dining room, and followed by chair hogs / bringing your own alcohol on board, and obnoxious adults and/or children on board.

Michael

we lost our benefits of the top shelf concierge lounge for two cruises in 2010 but the concierge actually remembered me and didnt card me so we were able to enjoy Cosmo's for free every night with our friends. Honestly that is the biggest benefit...if it disappears I will be happy to spend time outside of that lounge every night, as much as I love it, we can gather somewhere else, so long as we are together, we love all our friends in that lounge, and we will work it out. It won't stop me from cruising 35 days a year...

Hi there..how was the Oasis?

Steve and Karen

On our Explorer cruise in November a statement was made by a senior staff member at a large meeting with several senior staff in attendance that the C&A benefits will change in January and that some of the changes will include Celebrity. He said he thought the changes were very favorable.

Why would an executive staff member make a statement like this if not true?

I think that some crew members, including those of high rank, actually take delight in starting rumors such as this. Most of those who make these types of statements have no real "inside" knowledge to back up their claims, but since change is sometimes inevitable, occasionally they may be able to claim that their statements turned out to be correct. When RCI puts out a press release or Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein, or Betsy O'Rourke make an announcement about changing the C&A policies, then I will pay attention. Until then, I'll give the rumors the credibility they deserve - little or none. ;)

Why would they change it on the 12th (not the 1st)

My guess would be to allow time for all those who cruised in December to be credited with their cruises (and bonuses for Diamond/Diamond Plus) so they know who qualifies for whatever grandfathering there might be.

My guess would be to allow time for all those who cruised in December to be credited with their cruises (and bonuses for Diamond/Diamond Plus) so they know who qualifies for whatever grandfathering there might be.

Drats...wish they would wait until the end of the month as I have two upcoming cruises mid month. :(

Was so happy to be able to make Diamond by next month. Hope they don't take that away from me. I was looking foward to the Diamond balcony discounts!

Still hoping this will not happen as rumoured. :(

Why would they change it on the 12th (not the 1st) and in the middle of the week (not a monday)? Figures...I cruise on my 10 night on the 14th, which would have finally made me Diamond. :(

Hope this is indeed a rumour, and not fact.

Me too I leave on Jan 16 and this will be the 10th cruise. Would hate to get this close and then it changes.

Me too I leave on Jan 16 and this will be the 10th cruise. Would hate to get this close and then it changes.

I love your avatar and name!! :)

My 2 "spoiled mommas babies" are brown tabbies.

Lets hope our luck holds and we get to be joining the diamond ranks by next month! :)

Have a wonderful cruise! :D

UMMM I am not so sure.........

Would it not be cheesy of RCI to encourage December travel by baiting us Diamond members with an additional cruise credit..only to take the credit away by raising the bar to achive Diamond plus? And so soon? January 2011??? Seems very tricky

if that is the case..... I certainly hope not.

... This came from a Diamond + member who ate with the hotel manager at the captains table.

...Who happens to be married to the first cousin of the nephew of an stage extra in one of Kevin Beacon's first films.

Degrees of separtion:

1=Diamond + member

2=Hotel Manager

3=First Cousin

4=Nephew

5=Stage Extra

6=Kevin Beacon

Not sure what they are going to do or not do

Just made diamond

Just looked at my cruise history and it now states that fact

I will make a copy of it

If RCL does change their policy about how cruise credits are earned then I hope that do that going forward and leave those who are at their current level be grandfarthed in. But with RCL and how they make decisions sometimes you just never know...So it is a wait and see game for now. I do think something is going to happen.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. And there's a lot of smoke. Fortunately readers here on CC were alerted to these possible/probable changes quite a while ago so there's no excuse for not attaining your desired loyalty level.;)

I heard a while back that the January change was supposed to be a bunch of positive items to balance out a drastic change to the way credits are counted. Most likely a switch to days instead of cruises. Anyone heard any more recent rumors of this type of change?

Archived