C&A new point system

Kugel

Just spent a lot of extra cruise dollars the last two weeks aboard the Navigator to get to Diamond Plus. Hope it was all worth it and hope to be grand-fathered in.

PS: I did receive the glass Navigator commemorative gift for my 20th cruise on the first leg. I was at 19 cruise credits and received 2 for my first leg and moved to a GS for 3 more credits (second leg). I now have the required 24 cruise credits for D+.

Why would they change it on the 12th (not the 1st) and in the middle of the week (not a monday)? Figures...I cruise on my 10 night on the 14th, which would have finally made me Diamond. :(

Hope this is indeed a rumour, and not fact.

Even if they do make some changes, a 10 day should count for a lot.

Personally, I won't grouch much if they go to counting days instead of cruises. Seems pretty fair to me and I'm still just a puny plat. If they make the benefits all that much better it'll be ok.

Of course in the interest of total disclosure, I never go shorter than 7 days in any case. I live in the midwest after all. Paying for airfare for a shorter cruise just isn't worth the money!

Just spent a lot of extra cruise dollars the last two weeks aboard the Navigator to get to Diamond Plus. Hope it was all worth it and hope to be grand-fathered in.

PS: I did receive the glass Navigator commemorative gift for my 20th cruise on the first leg. I was at 19 cruise credits and received 2 for my first leg and moved to a GS for 3 more credits (second leg). I now have the required 24 cruise credits for D+.

Steve..........they won't take away what they have given you.....as far as a tier level.

But this is all still rumor, and I have heard so many things that when the C&A Society of Royal Caribbean........finally decides to do something different, and at some point on the calendar........ all of the rumors will be dispelled........and the Gods of RCCL will have finally spoken.

Meanwhile......cruise and enjoy.....and don't worry about what might or might not happen.;)

Rick

Steve..........they won't take away what they have given you.....as far as a tier level.

But this is all still rumor, and I have heard so many things that when the C&A Society of Royal Caribbean........finally decides to do something different, and at some point on the calendar........ all of the rumors will be dispelled........and the Gods of RCCL will have finally spoken.

Meanwhile......cruise and enjoy.....and don't worry about what might or might not happen.;)

Rick

Exactly!

UMMM I am not so sure.........

Would it not be cheesy of RCI to encourage December travel by baiting us Diamond members with an additional cruise credit..only to take the credit away by raising the bar to achive Diamond plus? And so soon? January 2011??? Seems very tricky

if that is the case..... I certainly hope not.

If this is true, they may have just wanted to give people a chance to advance to the next tier if they were only a couple of credits away from obtaining it, but I am just guessing on that though. You will still be better off than the other people (like us) who didn't take a cruise in December as you received an extra credit even if the tier level does change.

Even if they do make some changes, a 10 day should count for a lot.

Gosh, I sure hope so! Thanks Sherri! :)

What I am worried about is the possibility that they might raise the bar to achieve Diamond level. The reason I am doing yet another Monarch cruise just days before my 10 night on the Jewel, was that I needed the extra points to make it to a total of 10 points once I finish my 10 night on the Jewel. If the change comes through on the 12th...and I don't board until the 14th....sigh.... :( :(

I want to be Diamond before I book Alaska to get the Diamond balcony discount. Of course the perks are nice too! :D

If this is true, they may have just wanted to give people a chance to advance to the next tier if they were only a couple of credits away from obtaining it, but I am just guessing on that though. You will still be better off than the other people (like us) who didn't take a cruise in December as you received an extra credit even if the tier level does change.

Or if you were platinum and were not included in the extra cruise credit while cruising in december. *grin*

Gosh, I sure hope so! Thanks Sherri! :)

What I am worried about is the possibility that they might raise the bar to achieve Diamond level. The reason I am doing yet another Monarch cruise just days before my 10 night on the Jewel, was that I needed the extra points to make it to a total of 10 points once I finish my 10 night on the Jewel. If the change comes through on the 12th...and I don't board until the 14th....sigh.... :( :(

I want to be Diamond before I book Alaska to get the Diamond balcony discount. Of course the perks are nice too! :D

I am in the same boat you are (pun intended) We have done 8 cruises, and have another scheduled now for next July (Explorer). I could get another short one in, but if they change the credits around to Diamond I will be annoyed. (Especially since I sailed twice in suites in 2002 before they added the extra cruise credit for them in '04)

Well Mark that certainly is the positive way to look at it.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. And there's a lot of smoke. Fortunately readers here on CC were alerted to these possible/probable changes quite a while ago so there's no excuse for not attaining your desired loyalty level.;)

Hmmm. I hope the ;) icon means you are just joking. Lack of vacation time or lack of funds might still be valid "excuses" despite the rumors. And too many people are too far from their "desired loyalty level" to make it before the rumored changes. I am so far away, I didn't even try. As I am Elite on Celebrity, I am Diamond on RCL though I started the year with 3 Royal Cruise Credits. In 2010, we took 5 RCL cruises (loved those aft balconies). While I would like to make D+, I am still 16 credits away. With work and family obligations, I could not and would not spend December on B2B2B2B2B2B short cruises to try to make D+. maybe I will get there eventually, but there will be plenty changes and rumors between now and then.

Circulating rumors might be a good, cheap way for RCL to fill ships now. Simply post a rumor on cruise critic and watch people scramble to add cruise credits.

Hmmm. I hope the ;) icon means you are just joking. Lack of vacation time or lack of funds might still be valid "excuses" despite the rumors. And too many people are too far from their "desired loyalty level" to make it before the rumored changes. I am so far away, I didn't even try. As I am Elite on Celebrity, I am Diamond on RCL though I started the year with 3 Royal Cruise Credits. In 2010, we took 5 RCL cruises (loved those aft balconies). While I would like to make D+, I am still 16 credits away. With work and family obligations, I could not and would not spend December on B2B2B2B2B2B short cruises to try to make D+. maybe I will get there eventually, but there will be plenty changes and rumors between now and then.

Circulating rumors might be a good, cheap way for RCL to fill ships now. Simply post a rumor on cruise critic and watch people scramble to add cruise credits.

UHMMMM Interesting reply to Kewlguy.

His post struck me too.....it seems to suggest that attaining points is with in the easy reach of anyone who wants to attain the certain levels. In my situation, I live an hour from the port and can take a weekend or longer cruise on a whim. I am not a person of means...but I can scratch enough money together to take a birthday etc. cruise when I want to. Cruising for me is inexpensive. However, this is not the case for most people.. If you live in a state that is not near a port you have the added travel expense, or if you have small children, bills, cant afford regular vacations, or othewse cant travel once or more times a year, you cant just cruise up the points on the threat the rules may change. There are many variables involved here. Peoples lives are complex. Those of us who truely love RCI as I do, or even like to travel and earn status recognition can be affected by any changes RCI makes. Responding to the changes by traveling more.... simply may not be an option for most people.:):):)

UHMMMM Interesting reply to Kewlguy.

His post struck me too.....He seems to suggest that attaining points is with in the reach of anyone who wants to attain the certain levels. In my situation, I live an hour from the port and can take a weekend or longer cruise on a whim. I am not a person of means...but I can scratch enough money together to take a birthday etc. cruise when I want to. However, this is not the case for most people.. If you live in a state that is not near a port you have the added travel expense, or if you have small children, bills, cant afford regular vacations, or othewse cant travel once or more times a year, you cant just cruise up the points on the threat the rules may change. There are many variables involved here. Peoples lives are complex. Those of us who truely love RCI as I do, or even like to travel and earn status recognition can be affected by any changes RCI makes. Responding to the changes by traveling more.... simply may not be an option for most people.:):):)

Agree with both comments; I have only been seeing the "rumors" for several months now, but not many people (including us) can just start booking cruises to achieve the next tier level if that was the case, I think that assumption is just plain ridiculous. Since we actually have jobs and work, the vacation time is a huge factor including our workload. I would have loved to take a cruise in December in order to obtain an extra cruise credit, but we couldn't.

Not sure what they are going to do or not do

Just made diamond

Just looked at my cruise history and it now states that fact

I will make a copy of it

If RCL does change their policy about how cruise credits are earned then I hope that do that going forward and leave those who are at their current level be grandfarthed in. But with RCL and how they make decisions sometimes you just never know...So it is a wait and see game for now. I do think something is going to happen.

Make a copy of whatever you want, but keep in mind that .... Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Make a copy of whatever you want, but keep in mind that .... Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Yep, and we have the right to change cruise lines at any time without notice too.

When RRCL pulled the rug out from under us all a couple of years ago by denying me continued access to the Diamond Lounge and terminating my ability to combine OBC credits to which I was entitled, I branched out and have cruised Celebrity (where I'm in their top tier and can take my own wine onboard) and Princess (where I've accumulated enough days at sea to get free internet and also take my own wine onboard). I still cruise RCCL, but no longer exclusively.

Sure, by now I've cruised enough with other lines that I could be D+ on RCCL, but after RCCL demonstrated how valuable their loyal customers were to them, I recalled the saying: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me":o

I don't trust them to stick with anything they offer. They are in business to make money, and my job is to give them as little of my money as possible.:)

Agree with both comments; I have only been seeing the "rumors" for several months now, but not many people (including us) can just start booking cruises to achieve the next tier level if that was the case, I think that assumption is just plain ridiculous. Since we actually have jobs and work, the vacation time is a huge factor including our workload. I would have loved to take a cruise in December in order to obtain an extra cruise credit, but we couldn't.

The point of my post was these rumors have been floating around for three years now so if achieving a certain loyalty level is important there no excuse after three years of rumors not to have achieved that desired level. If it's important you'll find a way to do it. Especially since anyone with a half a brain knows change is inevitable. The current system cannot continue without change. I hope that clears up any confusion of my original post.

Rick

I agree. Of course when or if they change it, not sure that I want to be on this board as it implodes. All that foot stomping and shouting about never cruising on RCI again will hurt my ears:eek:;)

Yep, and we have the right to change cruise lines at any time without notice too.

When RRCL pulled the rug out from under us all a couple of years ago by denying me continued access to the Diamond Lounge and terminating my ability to combine OBC credits to which I was entitled, I branched out and have cruised Celebrity (where I'm in their top tier and can take my own wine onboard) and Princess (where I've accumulated enough days at sea to get free internet and also take my own wine onboard). I still cruise RCCL, but no longer exclusively. Sure, by now I've cruised enough with other lines that I could be D+ on RCCL, but after RCCL demonstrated how valuable their loyal customers were to them, I recalled the saying: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me":o

I don't trust them to stick with anything they offer. They are in business to make money, and my job is to give them as little of my money as possible.:)

Well, if you switched from Royal Caribbean to Celebrity, the company RCI lost nothing. I think RCI seems to hope some established cruisers will switch to Celebrity. so, as a shareholder, I thank you. Switching some cruises to Princess would impact RCI, but I would not trust that Princess's loyalty program will remain unchanged.

I agree. Of course when or if they change it, not sure that I want to be on this board as it implodes. All that foot stomping and shouting about never cruising on RCI again will hurt my ears:eek:;)

It'll be a replay of September 1st, 2009. Should be lots of fun.

Archived