Will our staterooms be next to each other?

pgphoto

Based on your question, I'm guessing you didn't select specific cabins?

If you all booked guarantees, and linked your bookings, then HAL will make an effort to keep you near each other. But this is not assured.

Depends. Are your bookings tied together? Then, maybe.

Do you know what cabin you have? Compare notes with your family, and the HAL website for cabin locations. If you booked GTY cabins, then you won't know until assigned, and the chances get much smaller.

Are you in the same level of cabin? That increases the chances, altho it is possible that you could be in two different levels, and be side by side.

Did the TA or HAL employee with whom you booked seem aware of the three bookings together? Did you or your family members request or discuss this with whomever you booked with? Then maybe.

But, as Ruth says, it does sound like you booked GTY. And I agree with her assessment.

You can't see from one veranda to the next, unless you are at the rail (or holding a mirror). You can ask the steward to open the doorway between the verandas, or just leave them closed. ;)

Sound travels even with the doorway closed. :o

My husband and I are going on a cruise with my parents and my sister and her boyfriend. 3 staterooms. Will we be next to each other?

Not to put a damper on this but I have booked many VH Guarantees on HAL with family and friends and linking them together and they almost never are next door occaisionally they are near each other but most are in totally different areas of the ship. The linking of the cabins are truthfully used for dining only and if you have Any Time dining then it really makes no difference. Truthfully if you want to have cabins near each other you need to bite the bullet and pay the extra money. If you booked Flash rates then unfortunately you just need to keep your fingers crossed :D

All VH guarantees. We actually didn't want to be right next to them, ha ha. It would be kind of awkward if we're out on our verandas at the same time...

That's funny...it is assumed that your question was geared toward being adjacent, but reality is that you don't want that. Good luck! You leave in only two weeks and no assignment yet? Hopefully soon....let us know.

I agreee, OP.

When we travel with others, we prefer to not be right next door.

We like private time on our verandah and rather not have to watch everything we say :eek: in case our travelmates are also on their verandah. ;)

I think the odds are better you will not have three cabins in a row rather than that you will.

Have a great cruise.

Not to put a damper on this but I have booked many VH Guarantees on HAL with family and friends and linking them together and they almost never are next door occaisionally they are near each other but most are in totally different areas of the ship. The linking of the cabins are truthfully used for dining only and if you have Any Time dining then it really makes no difference. Truthfully if you want to have cabins near each other you need to bite the bullet and pay the extra money. If you booked Flash rates then unfortunately you just need to keep your fingers crossed :D

If you read my 2nd post, you'll see that I actually don't want to be right next to each other :-)

That's funny...it is assumed that your question was geared toward being adjacent, but reality is that you don't want that. Good luck! You leave in only two weeks and no assignment yet? Hopefully soon....let us know.

If you read my 2nd post, you'll see that I actually don't want to be right next to each other :-)

When I wrote the answer I had not read your post stating you did not want to be next to them. Your Very First post certainly sounded like you wanted to be near them.

I am sorry for trying to answer your question :rolleyes:

Have to smile a bit at this question. So often, in fact pretty typically, folks post here who have booked together only to find out they're spread all over the ship and they're unhappy about it. Even people who ask to be next or close to each other have had mixed results. Fate being what it is, unusually a bit fickle, you're all probably wind up next to each other when you want it the other way. :)

You just never know. We (and friends) were booked in veranda suite guarantees on the Amsterdam for Dec 2 -- we, too, would be just as happy a few doors away from our friends. We were linked for dinner. We ended up next door to each other with :eek: adjoining cabins.

Turned out fine. The adjoining door was as soundproof as the walls and the one time we decided that we would try to pass a note under or around the door we discovered that the seals around the door were so good that not even a scrap of paper could pass.:D

Archived