Poll: Which Princess ship is your favorite?

Kimidfw

We have sailed on 11 different Princess ships and we love them all. Can't say I have a favorite. Each one feels like "home" the minute I board.

I like your answer. We disembarked the Costa Atlantica in November, and boarded the Emerald Princess the following day, sort of a quasi B2B.

My wife remarked "we're home" as we were greeted by the smiling faces of the Emerald's crew.

I feel each of the Princess ships has a personal and remarkable feel.

I am so glad that so many have mentioned the Sun class ships. I love them, too. Especially great are the aft facing mini suites, on these ships: so spacious and luxurious for a mini suite! Wow! I also like the forward facing buffet area, with seating that wraps around the front, in a very sleek and scenic manner.

I was also pleased that the original Royal Princess was mentioned. I loved her beautiful, wrap around promenade deck, as well as the outside rooms on the promenade deck. In one of these rooms, one could go out of one's room and within just a few steps, be out on the promenade deck. That was truly wonderful. (Amazingly enough, the original Royal Princess had only outside rooms: no inside cablins!) What a ship! As one of the captain's of that time described her: "45,000 tons of ocean going splendor, the Royal Princess!" When she first sailed, in 1984, 45,000 tons was one of the larger cruise ships.

It was also touching that Princess Diana had christened the original Royal Princess. There was an area that featured pictures of Princess Diana, and from what I understand, fresh flowers were kept in this area at the time that Princess Diana passed away.

I would say the Sapphire... so far that is. I look forward to experiencing the rest of the fleet. :D I felt the Sapphire had a lot to offer and plenty of room for all of the passengers. On our last Mexico cruise we were concerned by the number of "spring break" college students on-board. The Sapphire proved to be wonderful - the younger partiers found their area to hang out and party and we found the quieter Lotus pool to relax.

Our overall most favorite of all past and present. The Crown Princess:Dand all the wonderful people we were honored to meet on her and of course John Lawrence our all time favorite CD.

For the present. Coral. Then the others.

Our least favorite(s) all the crowded ones. :eek:

We've only been on one Princess cruise which was on the Emerald Princess over this past Thanksgiving. We absolutely loved the ship. And, Princess quickly rose to the top of our list of cruiselines too. We came home after our cruise and we scheduled another cruise for April on the Emerald Princess in the very same cabin. We loved everything about the ship, including the crew, the cabin, the restaurants, everything. We love that the ship is large but you don't feel like there are very many people on the ship. We never experienced any crowds and never had to wait to be seated at dinner (anytime dining). We've always admired the hard work of the crew on all of the ships we've been on in the past, but we just felt like the Emerald Princess crew just worked their tails off to make our cruise fabulous. We loved our room steward and hope by some slim chance that we might get him again. We would recommend the Emerald Princess to anyone.

Archived