The new Crown & A regulations

tgjr

What if someone who is D+, but has about 650 days at sea, gets grandfathered, but loses their days up to this point? Now they have to go from 175 (speculated D+ level) to 750?? (speculated Pinnacle level). Can't see that happening.

I feel certain they'll apply a formula, then gear up for all the calls to correct errors or explain the policies. For example, we just did a 12-night cruise, which is results in 2 credits under the current system, so that would theoretically be good for 12 day-credits in the new hypothesized system. But because we were sailing in December, a special promotion gave us an extra (third) current-style credit. Does that mean we'll get 24 day-credits?

Time will tell.

No system is perfect, but I think the changes suggested in speculation so far seem to make it more rational.

I can see them not accounting for the Diamonds in Dec. extra credits. Those credits were intended to get people to the next level faster. Otherwise, people will have mega-credits. It will be interesting to see what they do.

They would simply apply a computer program that would take all the possible senerios of length of cruises (which are already currently in your history) and how many credits were given for those cruises (which will tell whether they were suites or Diaomonds in Dec, etc) and the new program would "magically" give the number of "days" you would now have credit for.

Exactly what I was thinking -- it really shouldn't be difficult to take that part of the site down, run a program that does the conversion automatically, and everyone's cruise history would be updated with the equivalent number of days. That's not to say there couldn't be a few glitches - when the cruise history was reloaded the last time, some folks benefited from 'errors' and ended up with more cruise credits in their history than they actually should have had.:)

Suzanne

Exactly what I was thinking -- it really shouldn't be difficult to take that part of the site down, run a program that does the conversion automatically, and everyone's cruise history would be updated with the equivalent number of days.

It shouldn't be, however, in this case, it probably is!

Just got off the Majesty. The Hotel Director and C & A rep were both very tight lipped about the "CC rumors." For what it's worth, the C & A rep did state that there I would absolutely become Diamond by getting credit #10 on that cruise, notwithstanding any pending program changes.

There were others onboard who live near the port who booked this cruise last minute to move up a level. We're either collectively really lucky/smart or really unlucky/stupid--only time will tell.

Les

Something interesting happened today that prompted me to call Crown and Anchor. My husband who is D+ as I am got a letter from Adam Goldstein welcoming him to platinum level. It has his name and address but a different crown and anchor number.

During the course of my conversation with a very nice lady at C&A she figured out where things went wrong but had no idea why. Our Oct 30 cruise was booked with his number and then credited to a new number for unknown reasons. The birthday associated with that number is in Dec of 1981 for someone in Canada who did one previous cruise on Enchantment in April of 2009.

Our November cruise on Adventure was credited to my husband's real number. Our December cruise was credited to the alternate number. All cruises were booked with the correct number and the seapass was issued with Diamond Plus on them.

Now for the interesting part and the problem. She said she has no way to get into the system to make any changes for the next 2 days. There are changes being made and they won't be able to make account adjustments until Wednesday. I mentioned being aware that they were changing the way they count credits and I was hoping we could solve the problem before the changes so it wouldn't cause a bigger problem after the changes go into affect. She said she was going to handle it personally and she took notes of all of this. She said she probably wouldn't be able to make the changes the first couple of days because they expected to be VERY busy for a couple of days after the system is available again.

She also told me that my husband didn't get his extra credit for his December cruise since it didn't go to the proper D+ account number. She would take care of that. I questioned whether that would even matter with the new way of counting credits by days and suite credits. Since we were already D+ wouldn't that extra D in December cruise credit not matter or be credited to our accounts? She said she expected we will still have the extra credit in some way for the December sailing. She was definitely careful to not overstep with what she said by giving any details.

But as we know the change is coming on Wednesday. That is one thing that was very clear to me. I never would have called had they not messed up my husband's account. At least it wasn't my account since I am considered the primary account (most credits).

She did say one thing of importance. That is, it will be a good idea to print out your account information at this time. PRINT - that is what I recommend. Copying to a file isn't good enough. Computers crash when you least expect it. I had already printed my records. We looked up DH's record for the first time in a long time and printed it - minus the two sailings she told me were missing. Had DH looked at his own account, he'd have noticed in November that something was wrong.

Gina

She did say one thing of importance. That is, it will be a good idea to print out your account information at this time. PRINT - that is what I recommend. Copying to a file isn't good enough. Computers crash when you least expect it. I had already printed my records. We looked up DH's record for the first time in a long time and printed it - minus the two sailings she told me were missing. Had DH looked at his own account, he'd have noticed in November that something was wrong.

Gina

Yep, mine is definately printed.

Something interesting happened today that prompted me to call Crown and Anchor. My husband who is D+ as I am got a letter from Adam Goldstein welcoming him to platinum level. It has his name and address but a different crown and anchor number.

During the course of my conversation with a very nice lady at C&A she figured out where things went wrong but had no idea why. Our Oct 30 cruise was booked with his number and then credited to a new number for unknown reasons. The birthday associated with that number is in Dec of 1981 for someone in Canada who did one previous cruise on Enchantment in April of 2009.

Our November cruise on Adventure was credited to my husband's real number. Our December cruise was credited to the alternate number. All cruises were booked with the correct number and the seapass was issued with Diamond Plus on them.

Now for the interesting part and the problem. She said she has no way to get into the system to make any changes for the next 2 days. There are changes being made and they won't be able to make account adjustments until Wednesday. I mentioned being aware that they were changing the way they count credits and I was hoping we could solve the problem before the changes so it wouldn't cause a bigger problem after the changes go into affect. She said she was going to handle it personally and she took notes of all of this. She said she probably wouldn't be able to make the changes the first couple of days because they expected to be VERY busy for a couple of days after the system is available again.

She also told me that my husband didn't get his extra credit for his December cruise since it didn't go to the proper D+ account number. She would take care of that. I questioned whether that would even matter with the new way of counting credits by days and suite credits. Since we were already D+ wouldn't that extra D in December cruise credit not matter or be credited to our accounts? She said she expected we will still have the extra credit in some way for the December sailing. She was definitely careful to not overstep with what she said by giving any details.

But as we know the change is coming on Wednesday. That is one thing that was very clear to me. I never would have called had they not messed up my husband's account. At least it wasn't my account since I am considered the primary account (most credits).

Gina

Thanks Gina -- printed mine on Saturday and then again as I wanted a darker better copy. It is also on my hard drive, which is backed up on Mozy.

Well, I for one am very dissapointed. I've taken 4 cruises and have one booked for 1/31/11. That would make me platinum.

If this works like the rumors state, I won't make platinum for another 15 days at least. This sucks..

Love RCCL tho... and wouldn't consider cruising with any other line, just that I was hoping for a few perks.. ((sigh))

Doomed to be a peeon forever..

Printed mine just in case. Would be nice if they had a printer friendly version or am I missing it? Also have all our Sea Pass Cards.

There's no printer friendly version that I can see. I just highlight the cruises after I printed the first page with all my info - and then I choose print the selected items.

Too bad they don't have a mobile enabled web site like all other big companies, too. They need to get with it a little better in the area of technology. I suppose their lack in this area also shows on the ships with their poor internet service.

Gina

Sounds about right. I was online chatting with C&A yesterday about credit for our NYE cruise (moves us up a tier), and she said she could see the cruise tied to my C&A number, but to call C&A on Thursday to get the balcony discount on our upcoming cruises bumped up since she could not access the updates until then...

There's no printer friendly version that I can see. I just highlight the cruises after I printed the first page with all my info - and then I choose print the selected items.

Too bad they don't have a mobile enabled web site like all other big companies, too. They need to get with it a little better in the area of technology. I suppose their lack in this area also shows on the ships with their poor internet service.

Gina

Easy way to do this is highlight the page, copy and paste it into a word document, then save the word document to your computer - saves paper.

Sounds about right. I was online chatting with C&A yesterday about credit for our NYE cruise (moves us up a tier), and she said she could see the cruise tied to my C&A number, but to call C&A on Thursday to get the balcony discount on our upcoming cruises bumped up since she could not access the updates until then...

It sounds like everything is being transferred to the new system so fixing anything in the old system just isn't going to work. Any changes must need to be made in the new system/software/whatever it's called and no one can access that until everyone's info is complete and on line. That would be my guess.

Gina

Hi, This happened to me after our Nov BTB on Liberty.We booked several cruises onboard on the last portion of the BTB.

After several weeks post cruise I was checking my cruise credits, they never showed up for the second cruise.I finally called C&A and a very nice lady did take care of this. It seems that when booking the cruises on the ship they somehow used someone with a similar name number.We do have a very popular name(not Jones the other one!!!).

She did correct the C&A numbers for the future cruises but I will certainly check too.

I did print out out cruise credit page-Thanks for the tip.

Maureen

You all are kidding, right? RCI would not go back into every member history and individually make the conversions. They would simply apply a computer program that would take all the possible senerios of length of cruises (which are already currently in your history) and how many credits were given for those cruises (which will tell whether they were suites or Diaomonds in Dec, etc) and the new program would "magically" give the number of "days" you would now have credit for.

Of course I have no idea what RCI will actually do but it would not be hard to switch everyone over to the new system (whatever that system).

Otherwise, just grandfathering doesn't address the issue of when everyone will make the NEXT level.......

Actually grandfathering will address the issue completely, along with a cutoff date. Then the new parameters come to fruition. Harsh but highly likely. And if the cutoff date is such and such a date and you miss the next tier, well like the chairman of the board once said...Thats Life...

Thanks Gina -- printed mine on Saturday and then again as I wanted a darker better copy. It is also on my hard drive, which is backed up on Mozy.

Friends of mine just received their D+ package in the mail last week. Would RCCL have mailed these out knowing that they wouldn't be grandfathered in? My guess is no. They became D+ in December 2010.

Actually grandfathering will address the issue completely, along with a cutoff date. Then the new parameters come to fruition. Harsh but highly likely. And if the cutoff date is such and such a date and you miss the next tier, well like the chairman of the board once said...Thats Life...

Yes, but if you are grandfathered in as say, Diamond, is that Diamond with earned excess credits towards D+ or Diamond at the starting level.

I'm Diamond, about to make D+. Even with the new system with counting days, plus the doubling for suites, I'm still in good shape for D+.

The only fair way would be to count days.

Oh, I think they will grandfather everyone at their current level.

But I also think that they will assign each person the number of actual cruise days that they have earned.

So you might still be, say, a D+ with only 72 cruise days (you have 24 3-day cruises and so are D+ under the current system). But I don't think they will just put all D+ at 170 cruise days (or whatever the new system will designate as D+) and say go from there.

I think the person with those 72 cruise days will have a lot more crusing to do to reach the next level than the cruiser who took 24 10-night cruises to be D+. This 2nd person will start with 240 cruise days on their way to the next level.

I think there will be a computer program that switches each member over to the number of cruise days they have actually earned.

Of course, these are just my thoughts......

But if there truly is no level after D+ besides Pinnacle (~750 rumor)....then what difference would it make to most people? :)

They could keep my status and convert me to more/less/ or the same number of days that I actually have....and that Pinnacle Club would still be an AWFULLY long ways away. :D

You obviously know much more about programming than I do; but that is why I am guessing it might be a straight credit conversion. And then we will have to reach the next level (right :rolleyes: ) in a "more robust way" :D:):D

Oh, I think they will grandfather everyone at their current level.

But I also think that they will assign each person the number of actual cruise days that they have earned.

So you might still be, say, a D+ with only 72 cruise days (you have 24 3-day cruises and so are D+ under the current system). But I don't think they will just put all D+ at 170 cruise days (or whatever the new system will designate as D+) and say go from there.

I think the person with those 72 cruise days will have a lot more crusing to do to reach the next level than the cruiser who took 24 10-night cruises to be D+. This 2nd person will start with 240 cruise days on their way to the next level.

I think there will be a computer program that switches each member over to the number of cruise days they have actually earned.

Of course, these are just my thoughts......

I agree with your assumptions. :)

But if there truly is no level after D+ besides Pinnacle (~750 rumor)....then what difference would it make to most people?

They could keep my status and convert me to more/less/ or the same number of days that I actually have....and that Pinnacle Club would still be an AWFULLY long ways away.

You obviously know much more about programming than I do; but that is why I am guessing it might be a straight credit conversion. And then we will have to reach the next level (right :rolleyes: ) in a "more robust way" :D:):D

I know very little about programing personally.:o But I do have a husband, 2 daughters, and a son-in-law that are all engineers - with one of the daughters being a computer science engineer. And she wrote code when she first graduated before moving into management.

So I am aware of just how much can be written into a program. Then the computer does all the work. It really would be very easy to write a code to convert everyone's current credits to days cruised with side codes to account for suite sailings and Diamonds in Dec or whatever modifiers RCI decided they wanted to include. :)

Archived