Everything Silhouette thread.

derf5585

Rough traslation

25 June there will be a festival at Meyer Werf. You will be able to see the Silhouette.

Willkommen zu unserer Februar-Ausgabe!

Auch wenn der Frühling zurzeit noch auf sich warten lässt, in Papenburg erwarten Sie gerade jetzt attraktive Winterangebote für einen ganz individuellen Aufenthalt in der Emsstadt.

Im März wird zudem die "AIDAsol" in voller Schönheit an der Pier der Meyer Werft zu bewundern sein, bevor sie feierlich aus Papenburg verabschiedet wird.

Große Ereignisse werfen bereits jetzt Ihre Schatten voraus: erleben Sie am 25. Juni das NDR 2 Papenburg Festival vor dem Kreuzfahrtschiff "Celebrity Silhouette". Wir verlosen Tickets!

In unserem neu erschienenen "Angebotsjournal 2011" bieten wir für Ihren kommenden Aufenthalt in Papenburg eine große Auswahl an Arrangements, die wir ganz individuell auf Ihre Urlaubswünsche abgestimmt haben.

Auf Wiedersehen in Papenburg

Ihre

Papenburg Tourismus GmbH

Celebrity Cruises is going all high-tech with its new ships, Celebrity Silhouette in 2011 and Celebrity Reflection in 2012.

Guests will have to work out how to use iPad menus in its restaurants, plus touch-screen wine lists, interactive dinner menus and cocktail lists.

Less technically savvy guests might prefer the new Champagne Royal Tea experience, a luxury white-glove tea service, with Tea Forte loose teas served in custom made Wedgwood Bone China.

Other new developments include new dining areas and an art studio where guests can enjoy interactive classes.

The cruise line said the new initiatives will initially be available on these new ships but will gradually be rolled out to the rest of the fleet.

from

Wow, I started to get excited about the "Champagne Royal Tea", it sounded like a return to the old days when the "Tea" was an elegant affair, then I read that X is going to charge $20/pp...:eek:

And apparently not all the fleet will be "solsticized"...Very interesting remarks from Dan Hanrahan. I knew it was eventually going to happen, but it looks like Mr. H would like Century to go ASAP...

In a few weeks' time the 1997-built Celebrity Mercury is to be transferred to Germany's TUI Cruises, a joint venture operation part-owned by Celebrity's parent company Royal Caribbean. From May the 1,800-passenger ship will be sailing as Mein Schiff 2.

It was apparent that Hanrahan would be happy to see the 16-year-old Celebrity Century taken off his hands to become Mein Schiff 3, but it does not appear to be an option in the immediate future.

Later this year it will begin a season of cruises based in Australia, before returning to Alaska in summer 2012.

Hanrahan was quick to stress that the ship remains popular, has some of the line's best crew on board, and was still benefitting from investment in maintenance. But there are no plans to Solsticise the vessel and his pledge that it would be part of the Celebrity fleet "for the foreseeable future" hinted that he would welcome an approach from anyone with a fat cheque book prepared to take it off his hands.

Rough traslation

25 June there will be a festival at Meyer Werf. You will be able to see the Silhouette.

Willkommen zu unserer Februar-Ausgabe!

Auch wenn der Frühling zurzeit noch auf sich warten lässt, in Papenburg erwarten Sie gerade jetzt attraktive Winterangebote für einen ganz individuellen Aufenthalt in der Emsstadt.

Im März wird zudem die "AIDAsol" in voller Schönheit an der Pier der Meyer Werft zu bewundern sein, bevor sie feierlich aus Papenburg verabschiedet wird.

Große Ereignisse werfen bereits jetzt Ihre Schatten voraus: erleben Sie am 25. Juni das NDR 2 Papenburg Festival vor dem Kreuzfahrtschiff "Celebrity Silhouette". Wir verlosen Tickets!

In unserem neu erschienenen "Angebotsjournal 2011" bieten wir für Ihren kommenden Aufenthalt in Papenburg eine große Auswahl an Arrangements, die wir ganz individuell auf Ihre Urlaubswünsche abgestimmt haben.

Auf Wiedersehen in Papenburg

Ihre

Papenburg Tourismus GmbH

Hi Derf,

You forgot to mention they're raffling tickets. :D

Celebrity Cruises unveil more details of new ships PDF | Print | E-mail

Written by Kari Reinikainen

Friday, 18 February 2011 11:42

Celebrity Cruises has released further details of the new services and experiences which will initially be available on new ships, Celebrity Silhouette in 2011 and Celebrity Reflection in 2012

Examples of new guest experiences to be introduced will include the innovate use of iPad menus in Qsine with video player options, touch-screen wine lists, interactive dinner menus and cocktail lists. Whilst a newly introduced Champagne Royal Tea experience will offer guests the chance to experience a truly world class white glove tea service, with Tea Forte loose teas served in custom made Wedgwood Bone China with elegant savouries and pastry accompaniments.

New accommodation options will also be available with a new deck added to Celebrity Reflection in order to introduce 34 brand new AquaClass Suites. Each suite will offer 251 square feet of interior space as well as 57-square-foot verandas, and all the amenities associated with Celebrity Cruises’ AquaClass accommodations, including exclusive and complimentary access to the speciality restaurant “Blu”, noted for its modern design and healthy cuisine. The new suites will also offer the 24/7 butler service that is a hallmark of every suite across the Celebrity Cruises’ fleet.

In addition to the 34 new AquaClass Suites, Celebrity Reflection will also host an additional eight Sky Suites, 19 additional Concierge Class staterooms, and 11 additional inside staterooms, bringing the stateroom/suite total to 1,515.

Other new developments introduced onboard both Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection include a range of new dining, relaxation and leisure areas; new dining areas include The Lawn Club Grill and The Porch; The Alcoves and The Hideaway for relaxation; The Art Studio will provide guests with an opportunity to enjoy interactive classes; and an expanded and restyled concept will be introduced for Michael’s Club.

The introduction of the “The Lawn Club Grill,” to both Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will bring the first outdoor, interactive grill venue to the cruise industry, with speciality dining options overlooking the lawn and sea, in addition to interactive demonstrations and classes. Another addition to The Lawn Club will be “The Alcoves”; eight exclusive, cabana-style private retreats, each designed for two to four guests. Meanwhile The Porch, an intimate 48-seat venue, will offer quick, simple, casual and complimentary breakfasts and lunches. Both Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will also feature the restyled Michael’s Club bar offering an impressive selection of rare malts, whiskies and scotches and more than 50 beers.

Meanwhile, guests seeking a particularly quiet spot to get away from it all can head to the new “The Hideaway” on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection. The venue will provide a high-tech escape for guests relaxing with their iPads or perhaps trying out a new Apple product from the Celebrity iLounge, or simply read a good book.

Additional increased guest facilities onboard Celebrity Reflection will also include:

* Additional 245 loungers

* Expanded pool deck

* 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theatre,

* 118 additional seats in Oceanview Café

* 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille

* 40 additional seats in the main dining room (and four additional seats in Qsine)

from

http://www.cruisebusiness.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1659:celebrity-cruises-unveil-more-details-of-new-ships&catid=43:latest-news-catecory&Itemid=115

help.................are we the only one's that don't own an i pod? :eek: i guess we will miss out on interactive this and that............

we have a free dinner from our ta, any suggustions on where to eat? i believe it is for 50.00.

thanks................

I think the menu is on an IPOD that they "give/loan" to you

In My HAUTY Opinion

i can barely read a menu in the mdr without my glasses, now if they loan you an i pod, i/we will need a crash course on how to use it, along with a magnifing glass, don't even tweet or text..............and i thought my 88 year old mother was tech challanged, honestly, her vcr is still blinking 12...:D now i have mastered the interactive tv for shore excursions, etc. maybe the special restraunts could post their menus on the tv:D any one with suggustions for one not to be missed? we are more beef and seafood eaters.................

i can barely read a menu in the mdr without my glasses, now if they loan you an i pod, i/we will need a crash course on how to use it, along with a magnifing glass, don't even tweet or text..............and i thought my 88 year old mother was tech challanged, honestly, her vcr is still blinking 12...:D now i have mastered the interactive tv for shore excursions, etc. maybe the special restraunts could post their menus on the tv:D any one with suggustions for one not to be missed? we are more beef and seafood eaters.................

Celebrity Cruises is going all high-tech with its new ships, Celebrity Silhouette in 2011 and Celebrity Reflection in 2012.

Guests will have to work out how to use iPad menus in its restaurants, plus touch-screen wine lists, interactive dinner menus and cocktail lists.

Less technically savvy guests might prefer the new Champagne Royal Tea experience, a luxury white-glove tea service, with Tea Forte loose teas served in custom made Wedgwood Bone China.

Other new developments include new dining areas and an art studio where guests can enjoy interactive classes.

The cruise line said the new initiatives will initially be available on these new ships but will gradually be rolled out to the rest of the fleet.

from

http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1146466.php?news_cat=7

Whilst a newly introduced Champagne Royal Tea experience will offer guests the chance to experience a truly world class white glove tea service, with Tea Forte loose teas served in custom made Wedgwood Bone China with elegant savouries and pastry accompaniments.

At this rate they can hold Revolutions wherever they like because we will be so pampered none of us will want to leave the ship!

Attaching to bow to the ship

Sil1.jpg

Just in case any one was wondering, all of those giant prefabricated module sections lying alongside of the Celebrity SILHOUETTE belong to the new Disney Fantasy which just had her 'keel' laying ceremony last week and can be seen (black hull and white balcony supports) rising in front of her in this webcam shot previously posted by derf5585:

dd2.jpg

We just got off Equinox and you'll be happy to know that the specialty restaurants DID have their menus on the TV! Equinox doesn't have all the same options that Silhouette will have, but as big fans of beef ourselves we really enjoyed our meal at Tuscan Grille. My husband had a ribeye, which came with some outrageously rich mac n cheese - it was the best meal of the cruise for him. I had grilled branzino (aka Mediterranean sea bass), which was only ok - somewhat overcooked - but I was so full from the other courses that I didn't really care. They would have replaced it if I had asked. Fabulous meatball with pappardelle second course, too, and a chocolate-pistachio creme brulee that was one of my favorite desserts of the cruise.

All that said, I'll be watching this thread with interest because we are DYING to cruise on the Silhouette! We live in NYC so Bayonne is perfect for us, and we loved Equinox so much that we know we'll adore Silhouette.

thank you alsmez for the dinner info..................you are making me hungry:D

prices for the silhoutte have really gone up since we booked, our cabin is more than 600.00 pp now. once the novelty wears off in a year or so, the prices should come down to affordable levels. hope you get your chance to cruise on her.................

Ticket Pricing: Free

Celebrity Cruises commissions world-renowned inventor of 3-D street painting, Kurt Wenner , to create one-day only art installation to celebrate the Tri-State arrival of its newest and most innovative ship, Celebrity Silhouette, coming to Cape Liberty (Bayonne), in November.

from

http://events.newyork.cbslocal.com/localevents/event/100/7691-Celebrity-Cruises-Art-Installation

In an effort to increase use of the grass area on Deck 11, the glass-blowing display is to be replaced by a new Lawn Club Grill restaurant and Porch cafe, and a number of "alcoves" offering semi-private seating and lounging - for a fee - will be installed.

Very sorry to see the unique glass-blowing show replaced by a banal profit-making venue.:(

Archived