Everything Silhouette thread.

derf5585

Hey you Two - Isabella - Pam --- I found you all - thank you Derf5585 for starting this thread - new thread, new ship -

Hubby Narce and I are on the same sailing as BeachBuzzard, Isabella, and Pam - Nov 18 2011 - can't wait - it'll be our second sailing on an X ship and can't wait to be with good friends as this is a reunion cruise for us all & to meet new friends who are on the roll call - love the pics of this beautiful ship being built.

Carol

We're part of the friends reunion cruise on 11/18/11.....great pics of the ship!

Dee

Hey you Two - Isabella - Pam --- I found you all - thank you Derf5585 for starting this thread - new thread, new ship -

Hubby Narce and I are on the same sailing as BeachBuzzard, Isabella, and Pam - Nov 18 2011 - can't wait - it'll be our second sailing on an X ship and can't wait to be with good friends as this is a reunion cruise for us all & to meet new friends who are on the roll call - love the pics of this beautiful ship being built.

Carol

About time you get over here now if we could get the rest to join us:)

Press Releases

Celebrity Cruises' Newest Luxury Ship To Be Named in Hamburg

MIAMI, Jan. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

Celebrity Silhouette, the newest addition to Celebrity Cruises Solstice class family, will make history this summer when it is officially named in Hamburg, Germany. When it comes to automobiles and cruise ships, "made in Germany" is often the mark of high quality, innovative design and precision. Celebrity Cruises' award-winning Solstice Class ships are no exception, and their German heritage is coming full circle with the German locale of Celebrity Silhouette's official naming festivities, with all their pomp and circumstance.

Built at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany, the 2,886-guest Celebrity Silhouette will be introduced to the world on July 21, 2011, with formal naming ceremonies that will kick off a two-night preview cruise for invited travel agents, press and other dignitaries. Celebrity Silhouette is the fourth Solstice Class ship in a series of five built at the sixth-generation, family-owned German yard renowned for its commitment to excellence, and the first in its class to be officially named in Germany.

"We are so honored that Germany will be the first country outside of the United States or the United Kingdom to host the naming of a Solstice Class ship," said Tom Fecke, General Manager, RCL Cruises Ltd., Germany. "This is a clear commitment not only to the German cruise market, but also to the growing interest in the Celebrity Cruises brand, which continues to evolve and attract affluent vacationers. Hamburg, with its strong cruising tradition and appeal, provides an ideal setting, and we are very much looking forward to the celebration of the launch of this stunningly beautiful new ship."

Vacationers eager to experience Celebrity Silhouette can book its inaugural cruise of July 23, a seven-night cruise to Rome. Following a Rome-focused two-night preview cruise for invited members of the travel industry and the media, the ship will introduce a series of 12- and 13-night Holy Land sailings roundtrip from Rome. Beginning this November, Celebrity Silhouette will be the first Solstice Class ship to present cruises from Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey, bringing the Solstice Class's award-winning style and design to the greater New York City area.

Celebrity Silhouette will offer significantly expanded onboard opportunities for vacationers to enjoy their precious vacation time. New venues that will debut on Celebrity Silhouette will highlight some of the premium brand's most compelling characteristics, offering unique experiences focused on the culinary arts, ways to relax and enjoy stylish surroundings at sea, and engaging, enriching onboard activities. These venues include:

The Lawn Club Grill, the industry's first outdoor, interactive grill restaurant

The Porch, offering quick, simple, casual and complimentary breakfasts and lunches against a backdrop of views of the lawn and sea

The Art Studio, a space within The Lawn Club where guests can participate in intimate, hands-on instruction from experts in drawing, painting and beading, as well as the art of food, with plating, tastings, mixology and other culinary-themed classes

The Alcoves, a private retreat overlooking the lawn, ocean and coastlines, featuring eight exclusive, cabana-style settings, each designed for two to four guests

The Hideaway, a high-tech, avant-garde treehouse-like spot for vacationers relaxing with their Apple iPads or perhaps reading a good book within cozy, intimate lounging "nests"

In addition to the innovative new venues and experiences, Celebrity Silhouette will offer iconic Solstice Class attributes, including:

The hip "Celebrity iLounge" that made Celebrity Cruises the industry's first Authorized Apple Reseller

Uniquely unordinary "Qsine," the first seagoing restaurant to feature a menu and wine list on an iPad®, and an engaging food-as-theater dining experience

Ten unrivaled restaurants - in addition to "The Lawn Club Grill" and "The Porch"

Modern, stylish interiors designed by some of the world's best architects and designers, including Adam Tihany

Cool nightclubs and lounges, including CellarMasters, complete with the industry's first installation of the innovative Enomatic wine serving system

One of the broadest and best wine offerings in the industry, served by one of the world's largest staffs of certified sommeliers

One of the world's largest permanent collections of original contemporary art, and the industry's first self-guided art tours to be presented on an iPad®

Top-tier entertainment, including custom aerial production shows and live music

Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of the world's top-rated premium cruise line, with spacious, stylish interiors; dining experiences elevated to an art form; personalized service, with a guest-to-staff ratio of nearly 2:1; unexpected, trendsetting onboard activities, all designed to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers' precious time. Celebrity sails to Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Bermuda, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, and year-round in the Galapagos Islands. Celebrity also offers immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. One of the fastest-growing major cruise lines, Celebrity's fleet currently consists of 10 ships, with two additional Solstice Class ships scheduled to join the fleet: Celebrity Silhouette in July 2011, and Celebrity Reflection in Fall 2012. For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111 or visit http://www.celebritycruises.com.

SOURCE Celebrity Cruises

About time you get over here now if we could get the rest to join us:)

I have mentioned it - they will be able to see lots of pics here - thanx to Derf for doing all the posting of those great pics and info.

I am soooo looking forward to being on this new ship - carol

We sailed on RCI's Navigator for a 2-night pre-inaugural, which was very cool!

We just sailed on the Eclipse in Jan., which still seemed "brand new" to me (despite the broken glass balcony divider on our veranda).

We sailed on about 5 of RCCL's ships when they were only weeks old way back in the 90's - and we took an inaugural to the Panama Canal on the Radiance in 2001 - that was chaotic - crew members were sleeping in our stateroom on the 7th deck so we were upgraded to the 10th deck - good for us!! waiters did not know what tables they had during that first dinner on the first night- but everything turned out ok - it was fun - carol

Has anyone also cruise on a brand new ship?

I sailed with my family on the maiden voyage of the TS Hamburg back in the 60's from N.Y. Those were the days when an Inaugural was really a special occasion: balloons, streamers, bands playing, crowds of people waving farewell!

More recently DH and I sailed on the Solstice Inaugural, the Equinox Inaugural TA and the Eclipse Inaugural TA.

We did, on the 4th sailing of the Summit. It was really something being on a totally brand new ship.

C-Dragons, you were on the Hamburg???? WOW! That was the original name of the Maxim Gorkiy. I was really saddened she was sent to the breakers.

Anita

Has anyone also cruise on a brand new ship?

We cruised on Navigator's 2 night pre inaugural too, fun...had never been on a ship that big before!

Also cruised on Eclipse's 3 night intro to Miami...but she was months old then..

AND

Also cruised on Summit about 2-3 months after she came out...it was a very different cruise as it took place shortly after 9/11/01. It was one of our most memorable cruises...

Very excited about being on Silhouette 9/15/2011, not brand new then but pretty close!!:D

We did, on the 4th sailing of the Summit. It was really something being on a totally brand new ship.

C-Dragons, you were on the Hamburg???? WOW! That was the original name of the Maxim Gorkiy. I was really saddened she was sent to the breakers.

Anita

Hi Anita,

Yes, the Hamburg was wonderful. I remember "High Tea" being served each afternoon on Rosenthal china by the crew dressed up in white uniforms complete with white gloves. How times have changed... ;) :)

Meyer Werft (the shipbuilder) says this is the dining room. I believe this is what it may look like.

Silhouette Dining Room

11.07.2009 14:35

2981999940083315880S600x600Q85.jpg

from

http://www.meyerwerft.de/brawur.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1498&archiv=false

The Silhouette Dining Room (Deck 3/4)

The main restaurant for 1,429 guests is one of the largest rooms on board and is extended over two decks. The passengers enter the restaurant via stairs made of glass. The highlights of this restaurant are clearly the wine tower made of steel and glass, ornamented pillars and a chandelier having a diameter of 10 metres.

from

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1674

The Silhouette Dining Room (Deck 3/4)

The main restaurant for 1,429 guests is one of the largest rooms on board and is extended over two decks. The passengers enter the restaurant via stairs made of glass. The highlights of this restaurant are clearly the wine tower made of steel and glass, ornamented pillars and a chandelier having a diameter of 10 metres.

from

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1674

Yes, that is a picture of the "Silhouette" dining room on the Equinox.

However, the name of the MDR on Silhouette is "Grand Cuvee". It should look just like the MDRs on the other S-class ships, but the color scheme will be different. :)

Yes, that is a picture of the "Silhouette" dining room on the Equinox.

However, the name of the MDR on Silhouette is "Grand Cuvee". It should look just like the MDRs on the other S-class ships, but the color scheme will be different. :)

Thanks for clearing this up.

Confusing

Then the MDR on the Silhouette should have been named Equinox.:D

Adding flavor to an already robust onboard experience are new special interest cruises, a part of the Celebrity Life Savor series, geared to those with a fine appreciation of food and wine. A renowned guest chef or wine maker will be invited aboard select cruises to celebrate all we love about good food and wine. There's no better place to showcase all this talent other than aboard the award-winning Celebrity ships with their already outstanding food and drink experience.

from

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/singleThumbTxtSub.do?pagename=special_interest_cruises

Celebrity SILHOUETTE Floated Out of Drydock

She has been floated out of the builders hall and will be subsequently repositioned back into the builders hall after the keel block for the new Disney Fantasy has been floated in and positioned in the forward well of that drydock and then sealed.

for pictures goto

http://www.meyerwerft.com/brawur.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1498

Sihouette - new venues/artist renderings

This may have already been discussed (though, I am pretty obsessed with the new Silhouette and have not seen it!), but I just noticed the artist renderings of some of the new venues debuting on the Silhouette (posted on the X website). There were no pics of the Porch or the Hideaway - or else my computer would not load for some reason - but below is a link to a few of the pics. I really like the look of the new Michael's and the art studio!

from

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz129/trafficlaw/Celebrity%20Silhouette/

Archived