Everything Silhouette thread.

derf5585

By Andrew Gibson

Celebrity Cruises has recently announced the details of their new services that will be available on their two new ships. They will include all the luxurious facilities included on the rest of the fleet but there will be some new additions as well. The Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will be launched in 2011 and 2012 and the new facilities may also be available on other ships in the fleet eventually too.

The new technology introduced on board will mean that guests will be able to see the menu on an ipad with a touch screen wine list and interactive cocktail and dinner menus. In addition to the regular food options, there will also be the option of taking Champagne Royal Tea where the tea service will be white gloved and there will be elegant pastries and savouries served on Wedgewood bone china that is being custom made.

There will also be new accommodation services with Aquaclass suites. Each will have 57 square foot veranda, 251 square feet inside with complimentary access to the speciality restaurant and of course the butler service which all suites of the Celebrity Cruise ships get. There will also be additional staterooms on board as well as other suites.

There will be more restaurants than on the other ships and an art studio where guests can enjoy interactive classes. The Lawn Club Grill will allow diners to eat outdoors and give demonstrations and classes. There will also be some private retreats in this area. There will also be a hideaway where guests can take their ipads or try out new Apple products.

from

http://www.compareaway.co.uk/news/2011/03/03/celebrity-cruises-announce-greater-guest-experiences/

pulled out his chalks and created an image of Celebrity Silhouette's Lawn Club so realistic that passersby were tempted to sit down and kick up their wing-tipped heels.

http://www.frommers.com/community/blogs/cruise.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog:52f8da68-7f6d-4edc-b082-451715e6da97Post:162a494f-cde3-4c8b-9c91-67a20f28d941

I've been drooling over the pictures of the new Silhouette. Does anyone know if the it will be sailing out of Bayonne year round once it gets here? I'm looking for a new New York to Caribbean itinerary to replace The Caribbean Princess which will not be sailing it next year. An added bonus would be getting to sail with Celebrity again, we used to go on the Zenith every year!

Does anyone have any new pictures of the Silhouette, other than the

artists renderings? The last picture I saw from the shipbuilder was

dated in early February. I really enjoy watching the progress

I post them as I get them.

See previous posts.

I've been drooling over the pictures of the new Silhouette. Does anyone know if the it will be sailing out of Bayonne year round once it gets here? I'm looking for a new New York to Caribbean itinerary to replace The Caribbean Princess which will not be sailing it next year. An added bonus would be getting to sail with Celebrity again, we used to go on the Zenith every year!

That would appear to be the case, since it's sailing all winter.

Does anyone have any new pictures of the Silhouette, other than the

artists renderings? The last picture I saw from the shipbuilder was

dated in early February. I really enjoy watching the progress

buffi001 - Since she is still under construction all we get to see right now are the ones that are posted from the shipyard webcams and updates from Meyerwerft. She should be ready for her final floatout and sea trials by late April or early-May.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=2&subs=0&did=826

http://www.meyerwerft-medien.de/data/pressefotos/218/7232.jpg

So disappointed that X has cancelled the Alexandria port for all the Med cruises for Silhouette, we were so looking forward to seeing the pyramids....not sure if we will still take this cruise now......I love the idea of being on a brand new "S" class but this cruise was more about the ports....just thought it was too early to make the call...and that if they did they would add another port not just extend time in Ashdod....:(

buffi001 - Since she is still under construction all we get to see right now are the ones that are posted from the shipyard webcams and updates from Meyerwerft. She should be ready for her final floatout and sea trials by late April or early-May.

http://www.meyerwerft-medien.de/data/pressefotos/218/7232.jpg

What is that white stuff under the bow?

my dh said it is probably a drop cloth for sandblasting before painting to smooth out the metal, or just a drop cloth for painting. he was an engineer..........

don't think our cabin is ready yet either, we have a mid balcony on the 7th level............:eek:

What is that white stuff under the bow?

It appears to be a giant tarp tent as mentioned earlier by Oceandancer as if they are working on the hull underneath the tarp and don't want the effects of that work (i.e. sandblasting) to speed through the dock area.

Ipad-touchscreen-unsanitary-bad idea-period!

This is incorrect. No less sanitary than a menu. In fact more sanitary. They will wipe the screens they rarely wipe the menus. Also saves printing etc... and makes menu changes quick and easy.

I understand the Silhouette will have Qsign.

Can someone who has eaten there tell us what it is about?

Thanks

It's excellent. It's all about unique food in small serving. Example order the soup and you get 3 soups in test tubes that you drink. everything is small bit sized. a table is expected to order between 5-7 items. It's really a gourmet tasting menu. It is fun adn the food is excellent

I understand the Silhouette will have Qsine.

Can someone who has eaten there tell us what it is about?

Thanks

LOTS of food served in small amounts, they equate it to "tapas".

Make sure you are hungry. When booking they suggested allowing 3 hours for dinner... and they were right. :cool:

Everyone should try Qsine at least once! :D

Archived