Oasis, The Chef's Table with a 3 and 6 year old.

DawnCt

Originally Posted by SkyGuy747 viewpost.gif

Just to throw some doubt into the mix again, here's the reply I received when requesting the Chef's Table:

Good Day SkyGuy747,

We received your request for Chef’s Table. Guests must be 21 or older to

attend. If the guest are under 21 we have to request special access and we

would have to arrange this ahead of time. We do not have the age of guest_2 , they are listed as unknown. Please email me back with the age information so we can proceed with the reservation. Thank you.

Regards,

XX

Specialty Dining – Chef’s Table

Royal Caribbean International

800-398-9819 option #

However someone else did post this...

I could be wrong but I think the issue is children at the Chef's Table which is advertised as a 21 and older event. You should be fine at any other specialty dining venue. At Chops you will have your own table.

I don,t worry too much about my kids age,One is a cop ,one a firefighter,one the CFO of a major drug company,one a profesional athlete, and one is a teacher.I do hope they behave at dinner though!

I don,t worry too much about my kids age,One is a cop ,one a firefighter,one the CFO of a major drug company,one a profesional athlete, and one is a teacher.I do hope they behave at dinner though!

If they don't behave, one of them can use his strength to subdue the others. If that doesn't work, one of them can arrest the others. If this results in a big fight, and candles get knocked over and a fire starts, one of them can put it out. Then, one of them can sedate the others. And finally, one of them can teach the others why their behavior is unacceptable.

So, I think you've got your bases covered! :)

Can someone show me the link and not emails where the Chef's table is advertised as an adult only event?

Everyone keeps on making these claims that RCI is not following their rule/policy and I have yet to see anything in black and white.

Remember RCI's new slogan....WHY NOT??????

And have you seen Celebrity's....... "X the Rules"

I looked and didn't see much information at all on the Chef's Table, on the rccl website. It does describe it as a dinner with wine pairings and a pre-dinner cocktail party, though, so it is no-doubt aimed at adults. I would think, if one group wanted to reserve an entire session, then they should be able to have children with them, if they so choose. But if you have people there who booked expecting it to be an adult evening, I don't think some other party should be allowed to bring their kids.

Wow. What a great group. Off topic but you must be very proud. I know I would be.

As someone in Law Enforcement, I am telling you...your argument holds NO water. If a cop did choose to pull you over for 5 MPH, good luck using that argument in court, lol.

You can pass cops doing not 5 MPH over the speed limit, but maybe 15+ MPH over the speed limit. That does NOT mean that you are "allowed" to speed that much. It means that the cop is off duty, or on his way home, or on his way to court, or any other number of reasons he doesn't have time to pull you over. OR he just doesn't handle traffic enforcement. Again, it doesn't mean it's "allowed".

Saying that just because a rule isn't enforced at all times means that there is no rule is a ridiculous argument.

I'm not using any argument to justify speeding. All I am saying is that a unenforced rule does not exist. If the cop pulls someone over, then they are enforcing the rule (or law it this case). If Royal Caribbean chooses to ignore its own rule, then for all practicable purposes the rule does not exist.

Same on the freeway, the reason everyone on one freeway is going at least 5 MPH faster than on the other freeway is better enforcement on the slower freeway.

On the faster freeway, for all practicable purposes, they might as well just raise the speed limit, 'cause no one, including the cops, are paying much attention to it.

Originally Posted by SkyGuy747 viewpost.gif

Just to throw some doubt into the mix again, here's the reply I received when requesting the Chef's Table:

Good Day SkyGuy747,

We received your request for Chef’s Table. Guests must be 21 or older to

attend.
If the guest are under 21 we have to request special access and we
would have to arrange this ahead of time.
We do not have the age of guest_2 , they are listed as unknown. Please email me back with the age information so we can proceed with the reservation. Thank you.

Regards,

XX

Specialty Dining – Chef’s Table

Royal Caribbean International

800-398-9819 option #

However someone else did post this...

Just reading this email again (for the umteenth time) and realize RCCL does claim that if a guest is under the age of 21, special access would have to be requested. Hmmm. Maybe special access was requested ahead of time for those two young children that were spoken about in the original post. That makes the original premise of this thread kind of moot. Yikes!!! :eek:

Edited by coffeebean

That makes the original premise of this thread kind of moot. Yikes!!! :eek:

That may be true, however, if I arrived to a $75pp cocktails and dinner event for 14 people and there were young children present, I really think I would leave and eat somewhere else for free.

I have to say, when I first sat down this really surprised me, and in fact, I was initially annoyed. A family from Brazil arrived with two little girls, age 3 and 6. We were seated next to the father. Their mother sat next to them and they were accompanied by their grandmother and uncle. We brought our 23 year old son. When we first reserved, I saw one notification, "Must be over 21". Then I saw another, "must be 16" so i wondered how they were seated. Having said that, they were extremely well behaved and when the three year old got bored, she fell asleep. The six year old was not only well behaved, spoke perfect English when spoken to. Her father was an very nice, interesting man. Grandmother and uncle spoke no English and the mother's English was limited.

We have seen references to the Chef's table. Is this just on the two new ships? If someone can give us some information about this and where to find it on the RCCL web page we would be grateful

We have seen references to the Chef's table. Is this just on the two new ships? If someone can give us some information about this and where to find it on the RCCL web page we would be grateful

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25384149&postcount=58

It is currently only on Allure and Oasis, but will be added to Radiance and Splendour.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I apologize in advance for re-opening one of the threads that will not die ;)

But it seems the plot thickens. Earlier posters have re-printed the e-mail confirmation stating that participants must be 21 or older unless special arrangements are made. I had deleted my e-mail, but I did find something interesting as I was going through the documents I kept from the cruise. Here's the confirmation we received in our suite in December on the Oasis, stating that "Guests 13 and older are welcome"....

13 year olds are vastly different than 3 & 6, but regardless, I think RCI needs to decide what the rule is and educate the staff, to avoid confusion and angering guests that expect a purely adult experience.

5408462077_afabf0080a.jpg

Chef's Table Confirmation by brentwoodmom, on Flickr

I apologize in advance for re-opening one of the threads that will not die ;)

But it seems the plot thickens. Earlier posters have re-printed the e-mail confirmation stating that participants must be 21 or older unless special arrangements are made. I had deleted my e-mail' date=' but I did find something interesting as I was going through the documents I kept from the cruise. Here's the confirmation we received in our suite in December on the Oasis, stating that "Guests 13 and older are welcome"....

13 year olds are vastly different than 3 & 6, but regardless, I think RCI needs to decide what the rule is and educate the staff, to avoid confusion and angering guests that expect a purely adult experience.

5408462077_afabf0080a.jpg

Chef's Table Confirmation by brentwoodmom, on Flickr

That is my point - there is no rule.

• 1 month later...
I cannot understand why anyone would take small kids on any cruise.It is no holiday for the little ones or Mum and Dad, and as this post shows folks will be unhappy with children in certain venues.

Take the little darlings to Disneyland or let Granma and Grampa spoil them for a week.Thats what my family does.

I have 4 children and this will be our fourth cruise as a family (when I had less children we got away for 4 without them :-) A cruise is the perfect family vacation because the children get to go to the kids club and meet new friends, spend quality time with us (7 days is very hard to be away from my children), see new places and they do not stop talking about it! Plus the Oasis is designed for families.

The Chef's table will be a date night for my husband and I since we have no family where we live and can never go out.

• 2 years later...

I'm 15 and I'm appalled at some of these people's comments. Adults can be just as bad as children- even worse in times. There's exceptions to everything; not all teens and kids cry every ten minutes and get into trouble. Should we, as the future, look up to adults as criminals just because some set a bad example?

I'm 15 and I'm appalled at some of these people's comments. Adults can be just as bad as children- even worse in times. There's exceptions to everything; not all teens and kids cry every ten minutes and get into trouble. Should we, as the future, look up to adults as criminals just because some set a bad example?

A 15 would hash up a 2 year old thread. :rolleyes:

Also, about your post, the point of this thread wasn't how terrible kids are, just they are not supposed to be at an adult only event. There are places on the ships where adults can't go, either, they are just for kids, did you know that? I can't go into the kid's hangouts, like Fuel and whatnot. I think they look like fun, but, I will never know! :(

Hello! And I thank you for the welcome so very dearly! I do admire my name too, alas, the grand liners (i.e. Olympic, Normandie, the 'Big U') are scrapped away. Im in lone with the real passenger ships. Not that Im implying modern ships aren't nice, because they are. Surprisingly, Oasis will be my very first cruise. How excited am I? Let's just say I'm counting down the seconds..