Concierge offerings drink/food

pandi77

Last week my CABIN MATE was originally NOT allowed to join me on the Concierge lounge, I am D+, he is D. The room key was the entrance key and his would not work. After the second day, the Concierge did give him a CL key.

About day 5, a passenger that became the self appointed concierge lounge police, actually had the audacity to stop him as he entered and ask him if he belonged.

M

About day 5, a passenger that became the self appointed concierge lounge police, actually had the audacity to stop him as he entered and ask him if he belonged.

M

Seriously?? :eek: I just booked a GS on Freedom for August. I know my oldest (13 y/o) will probably want to go in there and check it out and hang out with me (if he knows I'm in there), he'll be in the GS too. Hopefully, no one will be foolish enough to police him, especially while I'm there. Mama Bear gets fierce when protecting my young. :D

And the addtional recommended gratuity -- only a few bucks per day but still it adds up.
I don't mean to sound daft, but what additional added gratuity? Is there more expected from a GS than a JS or any other room for that matter?

Seriously?? :eek: I just booked a GS on Freedom for August. I know my oldest (13 y/o) will probably want to go in there and check it out and hang out with me (if he knows I'm in there), he'll be in the GS too. Hopefully, no one will be foolish enough to police him, especially while I'm there. Mama Bear gets fierce when protecting my young. :D

Just remember that after 5pm there are no kids allowed in the CL.

Only those folks that occupy a GS or high cabin category are allowed access to the CL and your SeaPass will be programmed for entry. Unfortunately your children will not be allowed in.

While non suite cruisers "technically" aren't allowed, i've never heard anything said to them. In my experience, as long as they were with a card holder(i'm not talking about a large group of non suite cruisers but a couple) they were fine. Children, however, aren't allowed and they are normally asked to leave if the lounge is occupied.

Just remember that after 5pm there are no kids allowed in the CL.

Oooh, thanks for the heads up!! ;) We have the early dining time, so chances are, I won't be using the CL for happy hours too often. Of course, I say this now.....:D

Oooh, thanks for the heads up!! ;) We have the early dining time, so chances are, I won't be using the CL for happy hours too often. Of course, I say this now.....:D

Its a nice time and good conversation with other passengers , you must stop in there at least once for a drink.

Just do what we do when we have the grandkids. Early dining then off to kids club for them and to the CL for us. :D

Last week my CABIN MATE was originally NOT allowed to join me on the Concierge lounge, I am D+, he is D. The room key was the entrance key and his would not work. After the second day, the Concierge did give him a CL key.

His key didn't work because he is not D+. You are D+ so your key was programmed to allow entry.

We had the 6 O clock dinner setting so it didn't work too well for us as getting dressed at 4:30 to go there at 5 just to have free drink seemed kinda silly. I asked once to take a glass of wine back to the cabin to sip on while we got dressed for diner but was told no. And by the time dinner was over, it was closed. As to breakfast I went and got some coffee and took it back to the room one day along with a few sweet rolls and then we just abandoned the place. Seemed more trouble than it was worth. It would work well for the 8:30 setting with friends. Sort of like a private cocktail party.

It stays open until 8:30........plenty of time to drop by for an after-dinner drink!

Just off IOTS today. We found the CL a great place for a light breakfast, daytime Latte, and a pre dinner drink . We were on second sitting, and found the best time to go was about 7pm, after the main sitting pax had left. A couple we got to know, who were on the 6pm sitting returned to the lounge around 7.45pm and joined us each evening till we left for dinner. Its a great place for meeting like minded passengers.

When were were in the CL in 2009, it held around 30 people and we never had much of a problem getting a seat. This year another 20 or so stacking chairs have been added, causing a lot of congestion at times. With over 100 suite passengers and 80 Diamond+ on board the lounge could not cope on some evenings. One on evening, all the chairs were occupied, and people were sitting on chair arms and some standing, when our friends joined us, one 76 year old had to sit on a planter! We all agreed this was not the suite experience we were expecting.

I did fill the comment form in after that evening, and had two follow up calls from Guest Relations about the issue, and they have forwarded my comments to Miami HQ.

To me, it would be simple to allow suite passengers to have 'free' drinks in any of the many bars on board during the 'happy hour', even if it involved handing out vouchers that could be exchanged for drinks up to certain limit.

Richard

Correct - but since we were in the same cabin, C&A assured me he would have access. He was finally given access.

M

I would assume that by "access" they meant that he could enter with you, not on his own, in which case his key wouldn't need to be activated to provide access. Either way, glad it worked out for you.

cruisecuz,

we sailed spring of 2009 with our DD who at the time was 14 along with her older siblings in their 20's (over 21). One of our sons would spend time outside with her on the 1st night and the staff in the CL were very kind and invited her to be with us. We only went to have a before dinner drink and occasionally for a light dessert after. They were all in interior rooms and we were in a GS. You will love GS.

• 4 weeks later...
cruisecuz,

we sailed spring of 2009 with our DD who at the time was 14 along with her older siblings in their 20's (over 21). One of our sons would spend time outside with her on the 1st night and the staff in the CL were very kind and invited her to be with us. We only went to have a before dinner drink and occasionally for a light dessert after. They were all in interior rooms and we were in a GS. You will love GS.

What type of desserts did the cl have?

...and don't forget the additional gratuity for the concierge in the CL.

And don't forget the additional gratuity for the bartender in the CL. For DH and I tips on a 7 night cruise (basic tips + extra for room steward, waiter, asst. waiter and tips for concierge and CL bartender) ended up being $425 in a GS.

• 3 months later...

Archived