HOW RCI FIGURED NEW CREDITS...(Seriously)

EVALUATOR

This worked for me, I have 11 credits and am now at 90 (Diamond to Diamond). Fwiw, 3 of the 11 were in JS (so 6), 1 in GS (2), 1 in OS (2, free upgrade) and 1 in D1 (last cruise, we booked a connecting D1-L (Freedom). Just glad to stay Diamond

I haven't read any details but is there any hope for us to get credit for rooms we are paying for that our kids are in? We have 2 balconies reserved on Freedom in October, do I still get credit for just one room?

Thanks

Theres nothing fair about changing the rules of the game while you're playing it. There should have been lead time to let people cancel or modify their cruise plans.

We upgraded to a suite for next months cruise partially to get the two points to make us Diamond. Now it won't happen since that cruise will get us 8 points under the new system (we have 69 credits). It stings even more that C&A clearly stated that we would be Diamond after it's completion.

Not only is it unfair, I think its borderline fraud. Akin to a bait and switch. Well, we took the bait, and now they've switched. They've got our money, which is apparently all they care about.

This has been in the works for quite a while. I think these different anchor status's are cool, but I truly think that the benefits are just not all that worth getting worked up over. I guess robe or having dinner with officers or embarkation benefits, etc just really aren't that important to me. Think about how it's truly going to impact your cruise... I dunno, I guess it's just not a big deal to me.

HOWEVER, I 100% understand how you feel - and you make a good point.

OK - someone help me. We are missing 26 (days). For instance - if we did a 11 night in December 2010 under the old system they gave us 3 cruise credits. (2 for a 11 night and 1 extra for cruising in December). What does that calculate under the new system?

I thought it was 12nts to get the 2 credits ?

OK - someone help me. We are missing 26 (days). For instance - if we did a 11 night in December 2010 under the old system they gave us 3 cruise credits. (2 for a 11 night and 1 extra for cruising in December). What does that calculate under the new system?

I thought it was 12nts to get the 2 credits ?

Correct. Fancycroozer - Extra credit was not awarded for 11 nights. It had to be 12 nights.

First of all, thanks to Evaluator, your explanation makes so much sense! Of course, I was a math major in college...

And as for this question, the way I understand it, they did NOT go back and refigure nights at sea for previous cruises. All they did was take your total CREDITS, and convert those to the current system using the explanation Evaluator provided in the first post of this thread.

So your new level should reflect a "contribution" of 3 credits from that December cruise to your total before converting to the new level. The same as if that would have been a 7 day cruise in a suite (1 for cruise + 1 for suite + 1 for December). The fact that it was 11 days does not add "extra" at this point. But any future longer cruises WILL add more to the total.

We gained more than I thought, thanks to the way they calculated. We have 9, 5, 7, and 7 night cruises, one in a JS, so we were platinum, and I had figured 35, but we ended up with 38. The interesting thing I noticed on the website is that when it shows my cruise history and how they arrived at 38, it shows 33 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 (the JS). But how they came up with the "33" is a mystery.

Not complaining, I think it's VERY fair. Kudos to RC!

Sue

They give double the number of days if you book and pay for a JS or higher.
I just noticed on the C&A Website; for future cruise it shows only that "Suite" purchases gets double points, not Junior Suites. I guess they've eliminated that perk.

"New Cruise Points - We've Made it Easier

Cruise Points is the new way to earn your membership status in the Crown & Anchor® Society.

Earn one Cruise Point for every cruise night you sail with us and DOUBLE the points when you purchase a suite.

For Example: When you take a 7-night cruise, you'll earn 7 Cruise Points, and when you purchase a suite, you'll earn 14 Cruise Points.

Please note: On January 21, 2011 your cruise credits will be converted to Cruise Points. To see your new Cruise Points go to our online calculator. (Any cruises taken after January 21, 2011 may take up to the normal 14 days to be applied to your account.)"

I haven't been able to log into the RCCL website so I can't see my account, but if what you are saying is correct, this will help my DD but will hurt myself and DS.

We have taken 3 cruises together ( 2 7's & 1 5 = 19 days). My DD took a cruise with her boyfriend for her 4th cruise (5 days) which would put her at 24 days. If what you say is true she will be at 29 which any cruise will take her to the next level, while under the old system she probably would have had to taken a 7 dayer. I will need a 4 & 7 day to go to 30, while my son who is on a 4 day on spring break will also need another 7 days to make the next level.

Gregg

I am quoting myself, because I was finally able to log into my account, and I guess because my DD and DS live with me, I was given 29 days the same as my DD (this must be one time when the parent rides the coattails of their child instead of the other way around). Can not get into my DS account, but if his is at 29 also, then his cruise in March will raise him to the next level and possibly me and my DD.

Gregg

After reading through "E's" evaluation it actually looks like a very clever solution to what would have been a very messy problem. Not everyone is going to be happy of course but it seems to be overall a very practical solution.

In our case we are D+ with 26 cruise credits and 146 cruise days. This would have left us shy of D+ but clearly they needed to "grandfather" everyone so rather than create a "grandfathered" status they forced the "points" to the minimum for the level and then arbitrarily assigned 7 day cruises to the "excess" points.

This saved them having to address each account individually, smart move.

I just noticed on the C&A Website; for future cruise it shows only that "Suite" purchases gets double points, not Junior Suites. I guess they've eliminated that perk.

Cruise Points is the new way to earn your membership status in the Crown & Anchor® Society.

Earn one Cruise Point for every cruise night you sail with us and DOUBLE the points when you purchase a suite.

For Example: When you take a 7-night cruise, you'll earn 7 Cruise Points, and when you purchase a suite, you'll earn 14 Cruise Points.

Please note: On January 21, 2011 your cruise credits will be converted to Cruise Points. To see your new Cruise Points go to our online calculator. (Any cruises taken after January 21, 2011 may take up to the normal 14 days to be applied to your account.)"

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category

Theres nothing fair about changing the rules of the game while you're playing it. There should have been lead time to let people cancel or modify their cruise plans.

We upgraded to a suite for next months cruise partially to get the two points to make us Diamond. Now it won't happen since that cruise will get us 8 points under the new system (we have 69 credits). It stings even more that C&A clearly stated that we would be Diamond after it's completion.

Not only is it unfair, I think its borderline fraud. Akin to a bait and switch. Well, we took the bait, and now they've switched. They've got our money, which is apparently all they care about.

The perks of C&A are a gift to loyal cruisers. How can a free gift be fraud?:confused:

I imagine a big reason for this change is to eliminate the 'become Diamond in 4 cruses" scenario. My guess is no more double credits for JS and above. They may get 1 or 2 extra credits but it doesn't really make sense to change the system if you can still reach the higher tiers with just a few cruises.

There is still double credits for a JS and above. You can't reach the higher tiers as quickly, because double points for a 3 night cruise is now 6 days credit, as compared to double points for a 7 nights cruise which is 14 days credit. You will have to cruise more shorter cruises to reach the higher levels.

Have you read the disclaimer it states that C & A program can be altered or withdrawn at anytime. I would be careful accusing RCI of fraud much to strong of a word and and my opinion is libelous!

If you look under the C & A benefits you'll see an extra day at sea is awarded for JS Cat.

It is fair to me and as far as the new tiers it will slow down the growth and make it longer period to reach the next level which is what most on here said that they should do. Our conversion was easy we are both diamond we have 11 cruises which converts to 90. The benefits seem the same so no big deal.

Where does it say JS is not included. If they are not including JS's they need to change the name of the cabin. Previously, although they booking a JS didn't get you many of the suite perks it did get you the extra cruise credit. If they take away the extra credit (or points as it is now) there doesn't seem to be a lot of point in paying all the extra for a JS. I can live without the bathtub and larger cabin, but thought the extra cruise credit was sometimes worth paying that bit extra for.

Amended - yes, I've just found it in the small print. A JS is counted as a suite for the purpose of doubling up cruise points. Phew :D;)

If you scroll to the bottom of the benefits page and read the fine print you will see the cat's listed and it includes JS. "One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category."

Where does it say JS is not included. If they are not including JS's they need to change the name of the cabin. Previously, although they booking a JS didn't get you many of the suite perks it did get you the extra cruise credit. If they take away the extra credit (or points as it is now) there doesn't seem to be a lot of point in paying all the extra for a JS. I can live without the bathtub and larger cabin, but thought the extra cruise credit was sometimes worth paying that bit extra for.

To me, it looks like a JS is still a suite for double points.

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category

A free gift cannot be fraud. Particularly when they state that free gift is subject to change at any point.

This I completely agree with. While I understand they have the right to change the terms of their loyalty program at any time, doing so with no 'grace period' is pretty shoddy. Especially after the big push recently for people to book for cruise credits.

They were giving you incentive to get to the next level. These rumors have been around for ages. It is not RCI's fault you didn't sail as much as they wanted you to :rolleyes:

If you scroll to the bottom of the benefits page and read the fine print you will see the cat's listed and it includes JS. "One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category."

To me, it looks like a JS is still a suite for double points.

Yep, I see it now. Number 14, thanks!

My 16 cruise credits converted to 139 days ... I stayed in a few JS along the way and did a 12 night Panama canal cruise. I was diamond now I am still diamond and just about as far away from D+ as I was. There is no way that I can justify any complaints.

I cant seem to wrap my mind around last months diamonds in december promotion now ..... was it now kind of silly double cruise credits if you were already diamond? Unless you were already at 22 and trying to make it to D+ it was basically just a very clever marketing tool ..... well played RCCL

Archived