Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

So are you starting in Seward or is it Vancouver to Honolulu and then eventually to Australia?

Susan :)

The ship will start her journey from Vancouver arriving in Honolulu on 9/26. Then she departs on 9/27 for Australia.

Edited by cruisenfever

The ship will start her journey from Vancouver arriving in Honolulu on 9/26. Then she departs on 9/27 for Australia.

I do believe that if she stays doing this itinerary that it may be on the to do list when I retire in September 2013 :D Right now, so many wishes, only so much leave time.

Susan :)

• 2 weeks later...

I too have tried to find information on this on the RCI website, so thanks to the OP :) I wonder if anyone can help me with two questions:

- how do these discounts work for UK bookings (is there a sterling equivalent?)

- do singles get the whole discount or only if they are paying 200%?

Thanks in advance.

We booked on Oct 2010. Do the new rules as of 1/21/11 apply to our booking since we booked prior to that?

The balcony discounts did not change as of January 21, 2011, C&A just added a new level.........Emerald. So that is why the title of the thread reads as it does.

Balcony discounts for Pinnacle Club Members are the same as for D+ Members.

Do you know whether the discount is based on the current C&A level or the one you will be on the cruise you're booking?

In other words, we're Emerald right now, but have an 11 night cruise coming up and will be Diamond after that (we're 11 points short of Diamond). If we book while we're onboard for a 7 night cruise that will be when we're Diamond - do we get the Emerald or Diamond discounts?

I assume Emerald, but it's worth it to ask.

Also, I'll throw a 2nd question out there. They take the 6 month in advance literally, right? I mean, we're going on our cruise March 7-18 and I'm thinking of booking a cruise that departs Sept 11. So, we'll need to book it in the first 4 days of our cruise, not wait until the end, right? Is there always staff available throughout the cruise to make the booking? (It seems like usually there's more of a push for it toward the end, and I'd hate to miss the 6 month mark over something like that.)

Thanks everyone! Your knowledge of these policies is amazing!

You will get the Emerald discount when you book during your 11 nite cruise. But after that cruise when you become Diamond, call RCI and they will give you the difference for the Diamond discount. I have done this so I know it works. As for the six month question, I'm sure they will be strict about it, so book early on your cruise!

Do you know whether the discount is based on the current C&A level or the one you will be on the cruise you're booking?

In other words, we're Emerald right now, but have an 11 night cruise coming up and will be Diamond after that (we're 11 points short of Diamond). If we book while we're onboard for a 7 night cruise that will be when we're Diamond - do we get the Emerald or Diamond discounts?

I assume Emerald, but it's worth it to ask.

Also, I'll throw a 2nd question out there. They take the 6 month in advance literally, right? I mean, we're going on our cruise March 7-18 and I'm thinking of booking a cruise that departs Sept 11. So, we'll need to book it in the first 4 days of our cruise, not wait until the end, right? Is there always staff available throughout the cruise to make the booking? (It seems like usually there's more of a push for it toward the end, and I'd hate to miss the 6 month mark over something like that.)

Thanks everyone! Your knowledge of these policies is amazing!

Balcony discount is based on your completed cruise level, so you are correct, your discount will be based on Emerald.

Not sure how rigid they are with the 6 mo limit, but there should be no problem getting an appointment with the LA during the first few days of the cruise. Like you said, sometimes appointments are hard to schedule towards the end of the cruise. The difference in discount between before and after 6mo is only $25.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you get this?

We are Platinum and booked a cruise online - but there was no discount (apart from the 5% that you get for booking online)

Should we have had this?

Confused!

I didn't know you get a discount for booking online - is that something new?:confused:

Edited by nancronin

How do you get this?

We are Platinum and booked a cruise online - but there was no discount (apart from the 5% that you get for booking online)

Should we have had this?

Confused!

I don't think you automatically get the Platinum balcony discount when booking on line. Here in the US, if we book on line, we still have to call Royal and ask to have the balcony discount applied.

How do you get this?

Should we have had this?

Confused!

Ian,

Just call the UK C&A desk on 0844 493 5010 - they will apply the discount and send you a new invoice. I did this about a week ago and it was very efficient. I got £120 for what is shown in this thread and on the website as $175 discount, so worth a quick call :)

Cheers.

Balcony discount is based on your completed cruise level, so you are correct, your discount will be based on Emerald.

Initially yes - but all you have to do is call once your cruise shows up as completed and they will apply the new level's discount. I just did this although I was only going from platinum to emerald. If the cruise is paid in full (like mine was) they'll refund the money back to you.