Question re. 2011/12 Schedule

Occy

This will be our first trip with Oceania. While looking thru Oceania's 2011 Spring brochure a cruise caught my eye called "Southern Treasures", Miami to Miami leaving Apr. 12/11. This 14 day cruise appeals to us as it touches on a few ports we've never been to before but we wld like to take it in the Spring of 2012 to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. As the schedules aren't out for that time frame yet, cld anyone tell me if this particular cruise (Sth. Carolina, Virginia, Bermuda etc.) is available every spring, or is it a one off for 2011 ??

We'd appreciate any information you may have. Thx alot....

Thx. Lyn ..... Wld you have any idea when the Spring 2012 schedule will be out ?? Fingers crossed they include this itinerary for 2012.

In general the new itineraries are released at about 13 to 14 months out.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3g7qqnBtkxcxIWWeL9V6RDUBXYZIS4BbYNZXckzABkoXyFRlvew&t=1

However, Oceania is introducing the Riviera in April of 2012, and (as we learned with Marina) a lot can depend on how she fits into those itineraries.

In short, you should start to monitor the web site at 14 months, but don't hold your breath. :D

Thx. Lyn ..... Wld you have any idea when the Spring 2012 schedule will be out ?? Fingers crossed they include this itinerary for 2012.

I think they are coming out in March/April

Time will tell what itineraries will be still on the schedule ;)

Lyn

I'm guessing there may not be a TA maiden voyage on Riviera as she launches in the spring so will probably stay on that side of the ocean. Will be interesting to see where she will be.

I hadn't really given her a thought as we were supposed to be on this one and we have Regatta booked for March 12. I have to say I am intrigued now. We may have to rethink our plans, although it would have to be pretty special to get us to change.

Something to look forward to, for sure.

Mo

I'm guessing there may not be a TA maiden voyage on Riviera as she launches in the spring so will probably stay on that side of the ocean. Will be interesting to see where she will be.

I hadn't really given her a thought as we were supposed to be on this one and we have Regatta booked for March 12. I have to say I am intrigued now. We may have to rethink our plans, although it would have to be pretty special to get us to change.

Something to look forward to, for sure.

Mo

How fabulous would it be if Riviera Circumnavigated Africa on her Maiden Voyage?

africamap.jpg

I see it as two 18 day segments, with a 25% stipend if you do the entire 36 days......

And perhaps, a gala maiden voyage dinner off Tunis, (with the ruined port of Cathage illuminated).

I'll bet that it would be a sell out!

What do you think?

That does sound wonderful, but I suspect we would keep our booking on Regatta. Also it's too long for us to do the entire trip. We are stretching to do 21 days on Regatta as it is.

However, I suspect the majority of O's clients are retired so if they have the money, time is not such a big factor.

Mo

PS Has a birdie whispered in your ear?

Regarding 2012, my TA informed me that O and Crystal will, in all likelihood, not be on the west coast for the Spring/Summer season. If true, that will be unfortunate, since DW prefers not to fly these days. And it's not because of the TA goons.

Regarding 2012, my TA informed me that O and Crystal will, in all likelihood, not be on the west coast for the Spring/Summer season. If true, that will be unfortunate, since DW prefers not to fly these days. And it's not because of the TA goons.

Will Oceania not even be doing some full transit Panama Canal itineraries?

No Asia from the West Coast?

We don't cruise in the springtime, so that season does not matter to us, but summer, fall, winter, yes.

How fabulous would it be if Riviera Circumnavigated Africa on her Maiden Voyage?

I see it as two 18 day segments, with a 25% stipend if you do the entire 36 days......

And perhaps, a gala maiden voyage dinner off Tunis, (with the ruined port of Cathage illuminated).

[i'll bet that it would be a sell out!

What do you think?

Personally, I hope that the Riviera will debut later than springtime so that we can be on the maiden voyage or soon thereafter (no springtime travel for husband, the tax man, until he retires), and a circumnavigation of Africa would not interest us, sorry.

O will not be coming to the west coast except for a couple of Panama Canal itins.

Jancruz1

O will not be coming to the west coast except for a couple of Panama Canal itins.

Jancruz1

I guess I am confused as we're booked on a trip that ends in SF in the late spring of 2012.

I guess I am confused as we're booked on a trip that ends in SF in the late spring of 2012.

....and then probably goes to Miami via the Panama Canal, just like the Marina is doing in 2011; or goes back to FP.

That will be the extent of Oceania's presence on the West Coast in 2012 (I guess). Sounds like Alaska is out for 2012.

StanandJim,

That 36 day itinerary would certainly interest me. Can you use your influence to make it happen?

It may sound good but dont look for it to appear in any Oceania brochure any time soon..

Jancruz1

Archived