You've Got Mail!

Today, a lovely brochure with all of the details about the January 21 Crown & Anchor changes arrived in Merion.

Of course, it was addressed to my son, who is Diamond, but maybe they assume that I know what I need to know already.

;)

:D

Anyone else?

Got mine yesterday also, just me, not my daughter who is also diamond. Maybe one brochure per household?? not sure. There was even a page where they converted my credits to points as of, are you ready, January 12, 2011. I notate that date because wasn't that the 1st infamous date we were expecting changes. Emily picked up on that date right away. So those that quoted Jan. 12, wasn't that far off, they did the conversion for everyone on that date.

The brochure is so funny, it goes on and on how easy it is to progress to D+ by just purchasing a suite. We all aren't made of $$$$$. At least my next two sailings are in a balcony, and maybe sometime in my lifetime I'll be upgraded to a suite. :D

I'm still not thrilled my Jan 20 - 24 sailing isn't included in the conversion as it would have given me an extra 3 points but I guess its just too much for them to figure out for those of us who started crusing prior to January 21. :(

I'm still not thrilled my Jan 20 - 24 sailing isn't included in the conversion as it would have given me an extra 3 points but I guess its just too much for them to figure out for those of us who started crusing prior to January 21. :(

My 2/10/2011 Radiance sailing would have made me Diamond. Instead I will be 3 points shy. :( I guess no matter what date was selected someone would always have fallen short. Unless of course, they grandfathered all cruises that were paid in full at the time of the announcement. :cool: I know, I need to let it go...

Today, a lovely brochure with all of the details about the January 21 Crown & Anchor changes arrived in Merion.

Of course, it was addressed to my son, who is Diamond, but maybe they assume that I know what I need to know already.

;)

Anyone else?

DH got his,,,nothing for me yet,,his came yesterday:rolleyes:

I'm fully understanding if you haven't cruised yet even if you paid. I'm on the oasis 2/19. But we were already sailing and the rules state anything sailed after 1/21. I just think if cruises were already started it should be calculatesd via their conversion. Then again, its probably only affecting those cruises that left either mon - thur the 4 and 5 nighters. Actually I do feel they should have given allowances to those that already paid for their cruises in full, so should have given a 2 month window.

;)

Anyone else?

The DD got hers yesterday (Platinum), the DW and I apparently don't count, only D+'s.

I got mine today too. I haven't sailed RCCL for at least 2 years? I did find out I am Emerald now!!!:rolleyes: Doesn't appear Emerald is any different than Platnium? I do get a robe now. (if they are available?):p Sorry RCCL. Not enough to bring me back to your high prices. I'll stay with "X" for now.:D

D+ - and nothing.

In fact - we were on the Allure (Jan 16 sailing) when all the changes took place. I knew nothing until I went on line on the way home. I am watching the RCCL site to see how the credits appear since the changes happened when we were on board. I think it will not make any difference if they add the 14 to my new total or add the 2 credits to the old total and re-convert. In any case - I want to be sure I get the points.

M

I have not received the brochure yet, but last week my DH received a letter from C&A congratulating him on reaching the next C&A level. I did not receive a letter, but my name is listed under "additional Crown & Anchor Society membership information for your family". I have more cruise credits than DH, so he reached that level because of me. I am also the one who books every cruise and is listed as the primary guest on cruise docs. I found it just a bit sexist that the letter was addressed to my DH. I can't believe RCI is addressing mail to the "head of the household" and assuming that would be the man, but...

I didn't receive anything via snail mail but I received a very lengthy email yesterday titled "Your New 2011 Enhancements". It seemed to outline everything and had our information on it.

It was signed by A. Goldstein at the bottom (in case you are looking for your email) It was actually very nice.

Nothing here either. We are still waiting for our "gifts" from the Diamonds in December cruise - the pins didn't arrive for our sailing on Oasis. The loyality ambassador said that they would be sent out to us from C&A. Nothing, so we called C&A and they knew nothing about it but they would note it and some should respond......so each day I stand out by the mail box just waiting......waiting.....waiting...... Who knows - we may get a letter and our pins together thereby saving some extra postage!!!!!

Nothing here but there never is - no emails no snail mail - nothing. We've called a few times and are assured they have all our info but still never any kind of correspondence.

SAME!!!!!!!!!! It all goes back to royal's IT being from 1997... Seems like that is the answer to most things related to royal these days haha

I have not received the brochure yet, but last week my DH received a letter from C&A congratulating him on reaching the next C&A level. I did not receive a letter, but my name is listed under "additional Crown & Anchor Society membership information for your family". I have more cruise credits than DH, so he reached that level because of me. I am also the one who books every cruise and is listed as the primary guest on cruise docs. I found it just a bit sexist that the letter was addressed to my DH. I can't believe RCI is addressing mail to the "head of the household" and assuming that would be the man, but...

Both my son and my daughter get more RC mail than I do. In this instance, it's not sexism - it is idiotism.

Archived