Here We Go Again.........

sail7seas

Send 'em down here. We'll keep them busy! Spent several hours with a hoe and shovel and got a whole 2 ft. X 1 ft. cleared of ice. DH sat on his bottom and slid down the driveway to get the mail yesterday. No snow plow have come. I'm not sure they can really do anything with this hard ice. Here are a few pictures of the ice.

247182143_Picture017.jpg.8c6d22388935e6df0eb1abbbd468189f.jpg

1958029603_Picture018.jpg.22b610a0624a4af1f672c48830553e9e.jpg

100693048_Picture019.jpg.0b69c438c3ec810a865bfe56de096ef7.jpg

799414715_Picture020.jpg.7037723439ce5861f3dfa06a89fcee3b.jpg

Guys and Gals I hate to be the bearer of really BAD news, but it is going to get much worse for you over the next day or so:(

Our low last night here in Albuquerque was -7 degrees our high today was 20. Tonight is supposed to go down to 0 degrees.

Thousands are without electricity, gas and/or water due to the frigid temperatures. Whole towns and cities are literally shut down because of this. It is bad!!

What we are having here is headed your way. On top of all that snow you've all had... I hope you all stay safe as the Freezer comes at you next.

Joanie

It's not just the Northeast. I live down in Houston and all Continental flights have been canceled until noon Friday due to PREDICTED snow and freezing conditions.

I'm glad it is this week and not next because next Friday a week we are scheduled to leave at 10:00 for a flight to Miami to catch a cruise on Saturday. This nonsense is suppose to be gone by Sunday morning.

Tucker in Texas

Send 'em down here. We'll keep them busy! Spent several hours with a hoe and shovel and got a whole 2 ft. X 1 ft. cleared of ice. DH sat on his bottom and slid down the driveway to get the mail yesterday. No snow plow have come. I'm not sure they can really do anything with this hard ice. Here are a few pictures of the ice.

I wish they could help you out. I remember those ice storms when we lived in Northern Ky. I would have loved to see your DH slidding down,:eek: I did that years ago in Ky once, never again. I hope your problem goes away soon, ice is nothing to joke about. You're not far from us but just south enough to get ice while we get the snow. We finally saw a plow make one swipe very early this morning. Main roads are still bad. Barb

Guys and Gals I hate to be the bearer of really BAD news, but it is going to get much worse for you over the next day or so:(

Our low last night here in Albuquerque was -7 degrees our high today was 20. Tonight is supposed to go down to 0 degrees.

Thousands are without electricity, gas and/or water due to the frigid temperatures. Whole towns and cities are literally shut down because of this. It is bad!!

What we are having here is headed your way. On top of all that snow you've all had... I hope you all stay safe as the Freezer comes at you next.

Joanie

Don't remind us Joanie. We're getting hit Saturday night & Sunday and then,........there is another potential big one coming next week :eek::eek:

I honestly don't know where we're going to put it if we get too much more. :mad:

I know how you all feel.

We have 3 rivers and the snow was not allowed to be dumped into the rivers last year for enviromental issues. So it was piled up high in empty lots of businesses that have been closed for years.

Buildings collasping -- watching that on TV ot just brings memories of so many of them colasping here last year. The majority of the buildings were never built to withstand major snow storms.

I love it when they say to buy a snow rake and get the snow off the roofs -- who can even get onto the roof of a 2 and 3 story home? We left it to the professionals.

It's only 4 degrees in El Paso. It's warmer (15) in Minneapolis where my son lives. We may make it up to 34 this afternoon. We've been having rolling blackouts periodically since Wednesday - usually only for 45 minutes at a time. All City, County, State, and Federal offices have been closed - and the schools of course. We seem to be setting records on a daily basis.

It's 19 here in North Texas right now. Our location got 6 inches of snow last night. This is on top of a good quarter-inch solid ice base! We've not been out of the house all week.

Turks and Caicos, anyone?

Thanks for checking-in. I hoped we'd hear from you. Personally I prefer Maui...:D.

B

I am so sorry about the bad weather. I live just north of Toronto and I am tired of snow days and not seeing the sun.

At least when you see the sun, you can enjoy the cold weather. With my warm down filled coat it is acceptable. But you folks are not used to the nasty surprises mother nature has sent you. It must be difficult to manipulate your everyday life. We are equipped for bad weather. In Toronto they have melting machines because there is no place to move the snow on the downtown streets.

It is certainly time to take that cruise. I guess we just have to make the best of it. I do not like the cold. We are seriously thinking of spending a few months in Florida next year or at least the month of February. It does not look like Fort Lauderdale has been subject to colder temps. this year.

I've been wondering if a blow-dryer, pointed toward the ice on my walkway, would clean it off?

Whadda ya think?

I'm thinking it might take a while.:D Have a chocolate Ruth and wait for some sunshine.;)

Stay safe ..we had a horrific ice storm in Ontario years ago ...they can be paralyzing events...if you don't need to go out don't .Sending warm wishes.

Colleen

Joanie

Hi Joanie

Can you believe Albuquerque and NM--a gas shortage!! I think its because those Texans hate us because we have mountains:D. Others across the country will laugh at this. Wednesday school canceled due to (6") snow, Thursday school canceled because buses wouldn't start:eek:, and today because our natural gas lines don't have sufficient pressure (due to the rolling blackouts in Texas). How did you do this week--we had heat and power the whole time. I never left the house after Tuesday morning until today!! Hope you and your house came thru it OK.

My sympathies to everyone getting it now. Even dallas--I didn't even know they got snow:) I hope everyone scheduled to cruise this weekend makes it onboard.

No cabin assignment yet, as expected, but now i am starting to think we might get some kind of upgrade. Cabins are available for all categories but the only oceanviews are HH (fully obstructed). We booked a GG guarantee (also fully obstructed). Do you know the difference between the 2 types? Anyway, lots of verandahs are still available. i doubt we would move that far, but i would be happy with an unobstructed OV. Looks like it could happen--a few weeks ago I was convinced we didn't stand a chance!!

Stay warm--at least the sun came out today and it got above freezing

ML

It's 19 here in North Texas right now. Our location got 6 inches of snow last night. This is on top of a good quarter-inch solid ice base! We've not been out of the house all week.

Turks and Caicos, anyone?

Oh my heavens - 6 whole inches - I really feel for you - once you shovel my 4 feet of snow off my deck ;);)

Cozumel sounds good to me too:D:D but we'll never get there with all the storms coming. flights, why do we need flights to get on a cruise :confused:

Hi Joanie

Can you believe Albuquerque and NM--a gas shortage!! I think its because those Texans hate us because we have mountains:D. Others across the country will laugh at this. Wednesday school canceled due to (6") snow, Thursday school canceled because buses wouldn't start:eek:, and today because our natural gas lines don't have sufficient pressure (due to the rolling blackouts in Texas). How did you do this week--we had heat and power the whole time. I never left the house after Tuesday morning until today!! Hope you and your house came thru it OK.

My sympathies to everyone getting it now. Even dallas--I didn't even know they got snow:) I hope everyone scheduled to cruise this weekend makes it onboard.

No cabin assignment yet, as expected, but now i am starting to think we might get some kind of upgrade. Cabins are available for all categories but the only oceanviews are HH (fully obstructed). We booked a GG guarantee (also fully obstructed). Do you know the difference between the 2 types? Anyway, lots of verandahs are still available. i doubt we would move that far, but i would be happy with an unobstructed OV. Looks like it could happen--a few weeks ago I was convinced we didn't stand a chance!!

Stay warm--at least the sun came out today and it got above freezing

ML

Hey, wait a minute - we have mountains here. :) And the Franklins are really pretty with the snow on them. We love NM - most of the day trips we take are to NM - it's closer to El Paso than the rest of Texas.

Our electric company finally admitted that most of the problem is due to the equipment not being able to handle these single digit temps. We only had 2 blackouts today - although there may be more tonight.

We actually got out today and went to the grocery store. We figured WalMart would have their own generators. Lots of the small businesses have had problems though.

We missed the snow in Houston, but not the ice... Roads are closed throughout the area.

I read Dallas had 5" of snow overnight... Just in time for the Super Bowl....

B

And now there's sheets of ice falling off the roof of Cowboys Stadium critically injuring some workers below. I sure hope the game makes up for all the awful weather we've had.....but the folks from Pittsburgh and Green Bay see no problem with it. ;)

I got 7" of snow last night (Plano) and that's on top of the solid ice rink below it. My wine supply is down to "situation critical" :eek: so I'm going to have to put on my big girl pants tomorrow and slip and slide to stock back up.

Thanks everyone for your weather reports.We have been researching for somewhere to retire comprable to FLL We have narrowed it down to Las Cruces NM and Green Valley AZ,Neither really compare at this time .If only we didn't get Hurricanes,cost of living was better and then there are all the people.

Going to have a great weekend here for all those sailing this weekend.Also if you do get down here early for your cruise an over abundance of Man of War have been spoted.Thats why I never go to the beach in the winter.Please be careful if you plan to go to the beach.

And now there's sheets of ice falling off the roof of Cowboys Stadium critically injuring some workers below. I sure hope the game makes up for all the awful weather we've had.....but the folks from Pittsburgh and Green Bay see no problem with it. ;)

I got 7" of snow last night (Plano) and that's on top of the solid ice rink below it. My wine supply is down to "situation critical" :eek: so I'm going to have to put on my big girl pants tomorrow and slip and slide to stock back up.

If you smile nice the National Guard might deliver.:)

Hey, wait a minute - we have mountains here. And the Franklins are really pretty with the snow on them. We love NM - most of the day trips we take are to NM - it's closer to El Paso than the rest of Texas.

Our electric company finally admitted that most of the problem is due to the equipment not being able to handle these single digit temps. We only had 2 blackouts today - although there may be more tonight.

We actually got out today and went to the grocery store. We figured WalMart would have their own generators. Lots of the small businesses have had problems though.

Those aren't mountains, they are mere bumps ;):). I think we all knew it was the temps, not the lack of electricity. Always takes the utility company longer to figure this out than the users:D. I forced myself to go out yesterday and it wasn't too bad. Warm in the sun but the shade was very chilly.

Thanks everyone for your weather reports.We have been researching for somewhere to retire comprable to FLL We have narrowed it down to Las Cruces NM and Green Valley AZ,Neither really compare at this time .If only we didn't get Hurricanes,cost of living was better and then there are all the people.

Personally, I think either of those places are better to live in then Ft Lauderdale. Don't get me wrong, I love to visit Florida and enjoy the weather (well, maybe not the hurricanes), but any place that has flying roaches (not to mention humidity and mold), no matter what 'nice' name we give them, is not for me :eek::eek::). Now that we got this once-in-a-lifetime storm behind us, we should be really nice again.

BTW, Las Cruces is a fun place and the university attracts a lot of great cultural/entertainment. And it is an easy drive to El Paso to fly anywhere. I have only driven through Green Valley but that looks nice too. But a lot hotter?

ML

oh my :eek::eek: just when you thought it was over, it is coming again.

we have a snowfall warning for tonight and tomorrow (about 30 centimetres) and then another storm scheduled for Tuesday and another one :eek::eek: for Thursday. Hopefully the weather prognastigators are wrong because this is getting past the point of ridiculousness.

Someone save me - we will be buried soon :eek:

Archived